+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: EW's Top 13 Horror Movies of All Time

Daphne
    Some movies that scared me include the following.

The Ring
    Jaws
    Rosemary's Baby
    The Exorcist
    The Shining
    Alien

Most of the new genre normally do not scare me. I like the Scream movies but Friday the 13 and Nightmare on Elm street just don't cut it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Have any of you seen the more recent version of the Exorcist with the added footage?
    The "spider" scene is a classic.
    I've seen all of those pictures Paulie posted.
    Fluff, I saw the original and did not thing anything could be added to scare me but, that just FREAKED ME OUT!!! That is the only movie that could really make me turn on the light before walking into a dark room!

Paulie, did I miss the post with your theory? If not, get the lead out! I love horror and suspenseful movies.

The original HAUNTING, The Entity, The 1st Holwing

AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    The original "Night Of The Living Dead" has ALWAYS creeped me out, even though I've seen it a bunch of times.

The other one that is so scarey is the one where someone is babysitting and the killer calls and says "have you checked the children?". Darn -- can't remember the name.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Ya nlmcp that was a made for t.v. movie by Dan Curtis who did "Dark Shadows" and "Kolchak: The Night Stalker"

Forget E.W. Here is my list for the best horror flicks. Not in any order whatsoever.

The Blood on Satan's Claw
    The Beast in the Cellar
    The Haunted Palace-Vincent Price
    The Masque of the Red Death-Vincent Price
    The Wicker Man- Christopher Lee
    Black Sabbath- Boris Karloff
    White Zombie-Bela Lugosi
    Taste the Blood of Dracula-Christopher Lee
    Rosemary's baby
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre-very realistic and i live in Texas so I'm familiar with those lonely back roads.
    Theater of Blood-Vincent Price
    Tales from the Crypt-Peter Cushing
    The Howling-freaked me out when I first saw it and that was only the heavily cut late night local t.v station edition.
    The Howling II-Christopher Lee This flick totally terrified me the first time I saw it on hbo on a when they would have their double feature friday in the mid 80's.
    The Exorcist-I would not even be in the room that this was playing for about 10 years. This totally freaked me out and made me haven even more catholic guilt.
    The Antichrist-the best of the Exorcist rip offs. Contains probably the most graphic depiction of a witches sabbath
    Frankenstein-Boris Karloff
    Dracula-Bela Lugosi
    Horror of Dracula-Christopher lee
    Re-Animator
    Terror of Tiny Town-all midget cast, pretty frightening for a western
    An American Werewolf in London-the sequel IMO sucked and can never touch the original. Scared the hell out of me when it first preemiered on hbo in '82. The transformation scene was mindblowing and the nazi inspired dream sequence was a mindf**k
    Evil Dead II: Dead By Dawn
    Witchfinder General-Vincent Price
    Dawn of the Dead-introduced to me by my Uncle when i was supposedly sick from school in the mid to to late 80's couldn't understand why it already started in the shopping mall but by the end I didn't care.
    Alien
    Aliens-scared the s**t out of me in the movies
    Creepshow-the first segment "Father's Day" and "The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verril" have always freaked me out
    Nightmare on Elm Street-had nightmares for about a week when I first saw it back in '84
    Halloween
    Angel Heart-Robert De Niro
    The Shining
    Hellraiser

Don't Worry It's Just Me! falloutbey's Avatar
    The scariest movie ever would be The Exorcist. It freaked me out at the time I was watching it and after I watched it, it kept me scared. It brings so much things that happen in every day life.. like before Reagan become posessed there were scratches in the attic and everytime I hear scratches, I think of that movies. It was such a harsh, in your face movie that was soo scary. We have the newest version of it with the deleted scenes which are cool, like when Reagan did the spider movement down the stairs with the blood coming out of her mouth.. sooo scary.. And it also has the best story to it and best acting and it's just the best horror film ever.

Some other movies that I thought were scary... Pet Sematary (I'm reading the book and its even scarier.), Scream/I Know What You Did Last Summer (I'm young so they were scary to me when they came out when I was younger, some people probably don't find them scary and I probably wouldn't if I watched them today, but they entertaining), IT (was pretty scary but it was boring and stupid ending), Rosemary's Baby (didn't really understand it all lol.. but it was freaky not really scary, but freaky and a lot of nudity for the time it came out), Jeepers Creepers (it had a bad ending but it freaked me out a bit, but it was still pretty stupid), and Salem's Lot (aaahh.. another extremely scary movie that I didn't watch all of and can't remember much besides the freaky Dracula in the window that was pale and the teeth.. scary!)

Some movies that were not scary.. Friday The 13th (the only scary part of this movie was the end when she was in the lake.. won't give it away for those that want to see or haven't, it was funnier than scary), the rest of Friday The 13th (they were jokes.. not even scary AT ALL, not one point), and Halloween (started to watch it and didn't find it scary at all, so maybe it got scarier as it went on because I didn't finish watching it).

There are a lot of more dumb ones out there and lot of other good ones. Newest scary movie was 28 Days Later, wasn't scary like most scary movies, its more scary in the fact what if really happened ya know? There are some scary jumping parts but it has more story and very awesome, one of my favorites of the summer.

Daphne
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJoe739
    The scariest movie ever would be The Exorcist. It freaked me out at the time I was watching it and after I watched it, it kept me scared. It brings so much things that happen in every day life.. like before Reagan become posessed there were scratches in the attic and everytime I hear scratches, I think of that movies. It was such a harsh, in your face movie that was soo scary. We have the newest version of it with the deleted scenes which are cool, like when Reagan did the spider movement down the stairs with the blood coming out of her mouth.. sooo scary.. And it also has the best story to it and best acting and it's just the best horror film ever.

Some other movies that I thought were scary... Pet Sematary (I'm reading the book and its even scarier.), Scream/I Know What You Did Last Summer (I'm young so they were scary to me when they came out when I was younger, some people probably don't find them scary and I probably wouldn't if I watched them today, but they entertaining), IT (was pretty scary but it was boring and stupid ending), Rosemary's Baby (didn't really understand it all lol.. but it was freaky not really scary, but freaky and a lot of nudity for the time it came out), Jeepers Creepers (it had a bad ending but it freaked me out a bit, but it was still pretty stupid), and Salem's Lot (aaahh.. another extremely scary movie that I didn't watch all of and can't remember much besides the freaky Dracula in the window that was pale and the teeth.. scary!)

Some movies that were not scary.. Friday The 13th (the only scary part of this movie was the end when she was in the lake.. won't give it away for those that want to see or haven't, it was funnier than scary), the rest of Friday The 13th (they were jokes.. not even scary AT ALL, not one point), and Halloween (started to watch it and didn't find it scary at all, so maybe it got scarier as it went on because I didn't finish watching it).

There are a lot of more dumb ones out there and lot of other good ones. Newest scary movie was 28 Days Later, wasn't scary like most scary movies, its more scary in the fact what if really happened ya know? There are some scary jumping parts but it has more story and very awesome, one of my favorites of the summer.

Rent The Ring it is the scariest movie I have seen in a long time.

Don't Worry It's Just Me! falloutbey's Avatar
    Oh, I've seen the Ring, and yeah forget about that one.. it was pretty scary and good story.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I've never seen the Exorcist. I read the book and it scared me enough not to want to watch the movie when it came out. When it was on TV we never watched it even though my oldest, the horror movie fan, wanted to. She finally rented it after she moved out and saw why I didn't want to see it. Creepy story.

Rosemary's Baby was creepy to watch when it was in the theaters. I was pregnant when I saw it.

I've seen a lot of horror movies, but they aren't my favorite things to watch.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Had to revive this for a second after my last two days of subbing and yes I am still at work.

The last two days I have watched The Birds five times. I had never seen the movie before. The movie was suspenseful at parts but I found the ending a bit of a let down.

I do want to see more Hitchcock films now though.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast