+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How To Deal - 07/18

How To Deal - 07/18

From Hollywood.com

Synopsis: Halley is a young high school student who is disillusioned with love after seeing the many dysfunctional relationships around her. Her parents are now divorced and her father has a new young girlfriend she doesn't care for too much. Her mother is now always alone; and her sister is so overwhelmed by her upcoming wedding that she barely exists the house anymore. On top of that, the shallowness of all the girls and guys at her school convinces Halley that finding true love is impossible. A tragic accident, however, leads her to meeting Macon, and suddenly Halley finds that true love can occur under unusual circumstances.

Genre(s):
    Adaptation
    Drama
    Romance
    Rating: MPAA PG-13
    Runtime: Not available

Cast & Role

Mandy Moore -- Halley
    Alexandra Holden -- Scarlett
    Trent Ford -- Macon
    Peter Gallagher -- Halley's Dad
    Allison Janney -- Halley's Mom
    "That's Numberwang!"

I've seen a couple of trailers for this and it looks like fairly standard Mandy Moore.

She's on her way to becomming Molly Ringwald for the 2000's.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Don't Worry It's Just Me! falloutbey's Avatar
    I dunno if she's going to be a Molly Ringwald... I think Mandy Moore is going to be the new, Mandy Moore.. She's a fairly good actress, nothing extremely good, or award winning but she's a lot better than Mariah Carey.

I think Mandy Moore is so pretty! I love how much more sophisticated she looks with her short dark hair.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I love WALK TO REMEMBER to I'm definetely gonna watch this even thought I have no clue what it's about. hehe. sorry i sorta didn't read the synopsis up there. :p

This movie IS NOT GOOD!!!! I saw it tonight. Honestly, I'm as big a fan of a sappy romance as the next girl- but this was a terrible movie. I won't give away the plot- oh wait...was there a plot to this movie?? Let me just say, that the characters were under developed. There was too much going on in the story than needed to be there. Most of the acting was just terrible. Mandy Moore was actually pretty good. But her 'I want to look like the lead singer of the Goo Goo dolls' love interest just wasn't good. ( and seriously buddy- if that haircut doesn't work for the guy from the goo goo dolls, it certainly isn't going to work for you).
    I'll stop ranting now. There were some parts that were alright. But by and large, I was just disappointed.
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by brenna
    This movie IS NOT GOOD!!!! I saw it tonight. Honestly, I'm as big a fan of a sappy romance as the next girl- but this was a terrible movie. I won't give away the plot- oh wait...was there a plot to this movie?? Let me just say, that the characters were under developed. There was too much going on in the story than needed to be there. Most of the acting was just terrible. Mandy Moore was actually pretty good. But her 'I want to look like the lead singer of the Goo Goo dolls' love interest just wasn't good. ( and seriously buddy- if that haircut doesn't work for the guy from the goo goo dolls, it certainly isn't going to work for you).
    I'll stop ranting now. There were some parts that were alright. But by and large, I was just disappointed.
    lol i totally agree!!! I was looking forward to seeing this movie, cause I usually like those type of movies, but I found that there was no depth to the plot at all, and it was extremely bland. I mean, it wasn't terrible, Mandy Moore was good, but I wouldn't recommend it. And I totally agree about that guy.. his hair bugged me like crazy!!

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Thank God I didn't go see the movie. Thanks for the warning.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

+ Reply to Thread