+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Boys II - 07/18

Bad Boys II - 07/18

From Hollywood.com

Synopsis:
    Narcotics detectives Mike Lowrey and Marcus Burnett have been assigned to a high-tech task force investigating the flow of designer ecstacy in Miami. Their inquiries inadvertantly lead them to a major conspiracy involving a vicious kingpin, whose ambitions to take over the city's drug trade have ignited a bloody turf war. But Mike and Marcus' friendship and working relationship is threatened when Mike begins to develop feelings for Marcus' sister Syd. Unless they can separate the personal from the professional, Mike and Marcus are in danger of blowing the case and endangering Syd's life in the process.

Genre(s):
    Action
    Comedy
    Crime
    Sequel
    Urban
    Rating: Not available
    Runtime: Not available

Cast & Role

Will Smith -- Mike Lowrey
    Martin Lawrence -- Marcus Burnett
    Gabrielle Union -- Sydney 'Syd' Burnett
    Joe Pantoliano -- Captain Howard
    Theresa Randle -- Theresa Burnett
    Jordi Molla -- Johnny Tapia
    Jason Manuel Olazabal -- Detective Vargas
    Raymond Gallegos -- Tito
    "That's Numberwang!"

Doesn't appeal to me at all.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I didn't see the first one, but the commercials for the second one look slightly more interesting. Not that that means I'm going to see it though.

littlebryant
    i think bad boys 2 is gunna be really good not to long ago i rented the first i liked it so i think im gunna like the 2nd one

Quote Originally Posted by littlebryant
    i think bad boys 2 is gunna be really good not to long ago i rented the first i liked it so i think im gunna like the 2nd one
    OK I finally saw this movie this last Sunday, and I was pleasantly surprised. It is one of my favorite movies this year. The action scenes are pretty incredible, especially the car chase scenes. The humor is quite good, especially in the beginning. It drags towards the 2 hour mark, but then the last 20 minutes is pure action.

Though a word of caution, this movie really is for older teens and adults. I saw young kids in the theater with their families and I just think there are too many negative images, for too young a minds. The language is pretty bad and there is nudity. There are scenes of dead people who have been autopsied and also the running over of dead people and decapitation.

But all that being said, it was a much better movie than I expected. The first movie I don't even remember real well, but I remember that I didn't like it that much. So in this case, the sequel to me, is better than the original. But it is tanking at the box office.

Chris

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpayroll
    it is tanking at the box office.
    It's not tanking. After just three weeks it's made over $110 million. Other films have done better, but Bad Boys is doing just fine.

Otherwise, great review
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by kchamber
    It's not tanking. After just three weeks it's made over $110 million. Other films have done better, but Bad Boys is doing just fine.

Otherwise, great review
    Well it did lose 52.6% it's 2nd weekend and 42.3% this last weekend. And with its costs of $130 million, it will have to gross at least $260 million to start breaking even. I don't know what the international grosses are, but I'm sure it will enjoy a healthy life on DVD, which I plan to buy.

So when I say tank, I mean it's not going to be the blockbuster 'Pirates' is. Other disappointments at the box office, this year so far are:

1. Terminator 3 - $143M (Saw it, but was disappointed - T2 is my favorite movie of all time).

2. Tomb Raider - $43M (Didn't think it could be worse than the first - it was)

3. Charlie's Angels - $95M (Was too unrealistic and nowhere near as good as the original)

4. Sinbad - $26M (Didn't see it - but Dreamworks will never do a hand drawn animated feature again - all Computer graphics).

5. Dumb & Dumberer - $26M & Rugrats - $38M & Lizzie McGuire - $43M (Didn't see any of them)

Of course these are just my opinions, your mileage may vary!

Chris

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    I loved T3. I thought it was better than the Matrix, the Hulk, 2 Fast 2 Furious, Pirates of the Carribean and some other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by CashMoneySoviet
    I loved T3. I thought it was better than the Matrix, the Hulk, 2 Fast 2 Furious, Pirates of the Carribean and some other stuff.
    Of those that you mentioned, I really liked 2 Fast 2 Furious and Pirates was pretty good and has earned a lot of money (that's helping my Disney stock ). Haven't seen The Hulk (don't want to) and I was really disappointed with The Matrix.

Now as I said before T2 is my favorite movie of all time and I've seen that like at least 7 times. you say, only 7 times? Well that's a lot for me. I usually only see a movie once, even if I like it a lot. I may purchase the DVD for a movie that I like, but, and I'm ashamed to say this, of the 400+ DVDz that I have, about 60% are still sealed in their original packages. I usually have to wait a couple of years before I see a movie again.

I know that people that have been born since 1985 (the video revolution) are used to seeing cartoons/movies etc., dozens or even hundreds of times. And yes I know that people my age have seen Star Wars dozens and dozens of times, so it's just not an age thing, but Star Wars I have only probably seen about 5 times thru all the way.

I still have the original trilogy in a sealed Laser Disc package. For those of you too young to know what a Laser Disc is, just think of a 12" dance record (LPs for those of you that remember), but it is about 5 times as thick and kinda like an overgrown DVD. I knew LD would never succeed because of their size and it was only 60 minutes per side, every movie was a flipper, but that's for another thread. I still have about 70 of those

Chris

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpayroll
    I'm ashamed to say this, of the 400+ DVDz that I have, about 60% are still sealed in their original packages.

It's like your own private Blockbuster.
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast