+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl -07/09

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl -07/09

[IMG]images/img/pirates.jpg[/IMG]
    Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)

Synopsis: A tale of adventure set during the 17th Century in the Caribbean Sea. For the roguish yet charming Captain Jack Sparrow, the crystalline waters of the Caribbean, like the high seas the world over, present a vast playground where adventure and mystery abound. But Jack's idyllic life capsizes after his nemesis, the wily Captain Barbossa, steals his ship, the Black Pearl, and later attacks the town of Port Royal, kidnapping the Governor's beautiful daughter, Elizabeth Swann. Elizabeth's childhood friend, Will Turner, joins forces with Jack to commandeer the fastest ship in the British fleet, the HMS Interceptor, in a gallant attempt to rescue her and recapture the Black Pearl. The duo and their crew are pursued by Elizabeth's betrothed, the debonair, ambitious Commodore Norrington, aboard the HMS dauntless. Unbeknownst to Will, there is a curse that has doomed Barbossa and his crew to live forever as the undead--when exposed to moonlight, they are exposed to living skeletons. The curse they carry can be broken, only if a once-plundered treasure is restored.

Statistics
    Genre(s): Action, Adventure Rating: Not available Runtime: Not available Theatrical Release: 07/09/2003

Cast & Role
    Johnny Depp - Captain Jack Sparrow
    Geoffrey Rush - Pirate Captain Barbossa/Captain Blackheart
    Orlando Bloom - Will Turner
    Keira Knightley - Elizabeth Swann
    Jonathan Pryce - Governor Swann
    Jack Davenport - Norrington
    Isaac Singleton - Bosun
    MacKenzie Crook - Ragetti

Crew & Credit
    Gore Verbinski - Director
    Jerry Bruckheimer - Producer

When I saw the tease for this movie a while back: Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom names on the black screen followed by a preview of pirate skeletons walking across the sand, I was looking forward to watching this movie. But now that I have seen alot more of the previews, the mystery is gone and it doesn't look that exciting to me anymore. : It has a comedic tone to it, and I'm not sure that I like it on this movie.

I think I'm going to pass on this one unless I hear really good reviews from other movie-goers.

I almost fell out of my chair when I first heard about this; whoever heard of turning a ride into a movie? Space Mountain - The Movie can't be far off.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

I actually think this movie looks pretty good. I want to see it!

4 words: Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom

And a comma. You forgot the comma. Four words and a comma.

I'm a .
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Paulie, you are right.
    4 words and a comma it is!
    I had a feeling someone would see this error!
    You win a dollar!
    And you're not a :geek, you are a sexy evil genius

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar
    4 words: Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom
    Exactly
    "That's Numberwang!"

The trailers suck!

Hey guys,
    My husband and I went to see this movie on Wednesday night and we loved it. It isn't anything like the ride in Disneyland! Depp's performance was very good, not like anything I've seen from him in a while. Bloom is a hottie, and does a good job with his character. It was a little weird to see him in dark hair....I've been watching my LOTR DVD a little too much The girl...can't remember her name...I have a feeling we will be seeing a lot from her in the future. Although, I think she looks a little too much like Natalie Portman in this movie...weird.

My husband thought the movie was funny, but the humor wasn't out of place. Of course the special effects were awesome.

I think we are going to try and see it again before it leaves the theater.

If you have any questions about the plot PM me so I don't spoil it for everyone.

Have a good weekend.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom - Uh who cares about anything else?

But it would be nice if the movie is good. I'm definitely in for this one

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast