+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl -07/09

Great movie! Implausible (but hey, it's about pirates! ), but a fun romp overall. Keira Knightley is gorgeous - the reason people think she looks older than 18 might be because she has a very chiselled face and a womanly body that's quite well developed.

Watching "Pirates" made me realize - once again - how damn *lucky* Hollywood is to have Johnny Depp. Not only is he gorgeous eye-candy but a dynamo of an actor as well. Captain Sparrow steals the show - I loved his character to bits - even the wierd mascara/eyeliner.

Quote Originally Posted by octobergirl
    I loved this movie also, I thought it would be scary and I don't like scary movies, so when I discovered it had funny moments as well as a good romantic plot, I REALLY enjoyed it. I am also a new Orlando Bloom fan....didn't even recognize him as being from LOTR, though, so I definately like him better with brown hair! Keira reminded me of Brooke Shields. The music was great, too, would love to get the soundtrack.
    Yeah, I hadn't thought about it at the time, but Keira does look like Brooke Shields also. I agree with the music; I'd love to get the soundtrack.
    What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure. -Samuel Johnson

haven't seen this yet, but i am reallly anxious (not much theater time as of late)

I thought Keira Knightley looked like a way hotter Natalie Portman. I wonder if she has a Stalker Organization, er, I mean Fan Club.

Captain Jack was a hoot. Everybody thought he was such a bungler, but he was always thinking about how to take maximum advantage of every situation. What a brilliant character!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by CashMoneySoviet
    It was just something odd that I noticed, I just didn't like the plot too much and their attempts at stupid humor.
    You are the one and only person I know that disliked this movie even in the slightest, just thought you should know. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

I like this movie so much I forced my boyfriend (who really thought this movie was for little kids) to go see it with me again. He loved it too.

Johnny Depp is genius in this movie. And Mr.Bloom/Ms. Knightly (depending on your sex) keeps the girls/guys happy
    *Lacey

FORT Regular
    I've seen this movie 4 times already. I just love it. I have to say that I think Orlando looks great with his natural hair color as well. Although, he's hot as Legalos too.

I've always liked Johnny Depp but I have to say that this is his best movie in quite awhile. (Just my opinion, of course) He was so hilarious.

On the opening night I took two of my sisters and two of my nephews to see the movie and my nephews (4 and 7) enjoyed the movie a lot and did not have nightmares. That's not to say other little kids wouldn't have nightmares. I did, of course, try to prepare them for it though.

Keira has been compared to Natalie Portman a lot lately mainly due to the fact that she played Natalie's double in one of the Star Wars movies. I've read that on the set, once the two were in identical costumes, even their families had a hard time telling them apart.

Oh, interesting. I was unaware of the double thing. It makes sense, though. I really think she bears a strong resemblance to Ms. Portman, only she's way hotter (as I previously mentioned ).
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    No doubt. That girl is SMOKING! I'd steal a ship and fight undead pirates for her, no doubt.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

In case you didn't recognize her, Kiera played Juliette in the movie "Bend it like Beckham".... I have no doubt that she is going to be one of the "next big things" in hollywood... she's insanely beautiful, and obviously is pretty good at selecting movies (Bend it did very well)
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo82
    In case you didn't recognize her, Kiera played Juliette in the movie "Bend it like Beckham".... I have no doubt that she is going to be one of the "next big things" in hollywood... she's insanely beautiful, and obviously is pretty good at selecting movies (Bend it did very well)
    Haven't seen "Bend It", but yeah, she's definately insanely beautiful.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast