+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl -07/09

I really loved this movie! I totally recommend it. It was really funny too, even though it had a serious enough plot and plenty of action.

Of course, I loved Orlando Bloom in it. Johnny Depp was great too. I felt like Orli and the girl had some good chemistry too.

The movie's long but it didn't feel like that at all. The story was very engaging.

Definitely enjoyed it!

I saw it on Saturday and really enjoyed it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Highly, highly recommend this movie for good summer fun.

Mr. Depp created a fun original pirate character who appears inept but has alot more going under the surface -- and who keeps you guessing if he is going good or bad. The romance is just right. And, Keira Knightly plays a very strong female character, which I always love. Orlando Bloom could have just stood there and I would have been enthralled, but he was really good, too. I totally get why the teens idolize him.

I've always thought Johnny Depp was a very good actor but never would see a movie for him. I give him props for creating a really great character, really amusing character.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Well I wasn't dissapointed .I loved the movie. Johnny Depp wasn't his usual broody self, but quite funny . And Orlando looks even better as a Brunette . I loved the running joke with the guy and the eye

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    No disappointment here either. I even talked mr. gracie into going and caught him laughing out loud at some of the stuff in the movie. It had enough action to keep him interested and a plot to keep me interested.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

I saw this movie last night, and it was very engaging. I thought Johnny Depp was great in this role; however, my mum thought Orlando Bloom, aka Legolas, was charming and much better looking with brown hair. Eh...

The swashbuckling was quite good, with lots of witty banter; but, the undead were just cheesy at times--they blinked, for goodness sakes!

The one thing I noticed was, perhaps, the slight overuse of CGI characters (the undead) detracted from what should have been suspense-building moments. It quickly became unbelievable just when you were getting engrossed in the fight scenes. They could have used a little more restraint in that department (the computer animation), imo.

All-in-all, a very entertaining movie, but I wouldn't recommend it for little children. The undead would give 'em nightmares for weeks!

I finally got to see this movie yesterday (every time I tried, it was sold out, but finally last night I was able to get tickets!) It did not disappoint! I thoroughly enjoyed it. I can't even imagine anyone else as Capt. Jack Sparrow! Johnny Depp is such an amazing actor. Every time I watch one of his movies, he impresses me. Unfortunately, some of the movies he's done have sucked. This one though, doesn't! Loved it. Loved him, loved Orlando, & the girl is really pretty too. Kinda looks like a cross between Winona Ryder & Natalie Portman.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Took my little brother to see this today. Amazing! Where would this movie be without Johnny Depp? He cracked me up throughout the whole thing. He truly is an incredible actor. And Orlando Bloom - wow. This movie proced that he should stick to his natural hair and eye color (brown).

Overall, I'd definitely recommend this movie
    *Lacey

Went to see the flick last night with my wife. I love this movie! I'm buying it as soon as it comes out on DVD. My wife enjoyed it, too, and wants us to get the soundtrack.

Johnny Depp was outstanding. And it was fun recognizing the lovingly recreated scenes from the ride itself.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I loved this his movie... And uh, Orlando Bloom.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast