+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - 07/11

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - 07/11

[IMG]images/img/league.jpg[/IMG]
    The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (2003)

Synopsis: Allan Quatermain, the world’s greatest adventurer, leads a legion of superheroes the likes of which the world has never seen. Quatermain’s extraordinary League is comprised of Captain Nemo, Dracula vampiress Mina Harker, an invisible man Rodney Skinner, American secret service agent Sawyer, Dorian Gray, Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde and M--the League’s enigmatic recruiter. The League members are staunch individualists, outcasts in fact, with checkered pasts and singular gifts that have been both blessing and curse. Now they must learn to trust each other and work as a team for the very hope of civilization. With little preparation and no time to lose, they will be transported via Captain Nemo’s extraordinary submarine, the Nautilus, to the frontline of defense: Venice, Italy. There, a masked madman known as the Fantom plans to sabotage a conference of world leaders by setting off a domino chain of explosions, sinking the entire city. The threat is catastrophic, the risks are staggering. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen has 96 hours to save the world.

Statistics
    Genre(s): Action, Adaptation, Fantasy, Period, Thriller Rating: Not available Runtime: Not available Theatrical Release: 07/11/2003

Cast & Role
    Sean Connery - Allan Quartermain
    Shane West - Detective Tom Sawyer
    Stuart Townsend - Dorian Gray
    Peta Wilson - Mina Harker
    Jason Flemyng - Dr Jeckyll/Mr Hyde
    Max Ryan - Dante
    Naseeruddin Shah - Captain Nemo

Crew & Credit
    Stephen Norrington - Director
    Don Murphy - Producer

Action, a little cheesy, but action movie, nonethelss plus Shane West, Peta Wilson, Stuart Townsend, and Sean Connery. I'm pretty sure I'll be watching over the weekend.

I don't know if I'll see this in the theatre, but I imagine we'll rent the dvd.
    "That's Numberwang!"

For some reason, the previews really grab me. I'd like to see this one on the big screen. I love Sean Connery, which is probably part of the reason.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

FORT Regular
    I think it looks interesting and creative. Is the Dante character the writer of the Inferno?

Kid on dad's shoulders : Daddy, Daddy! Teacher says, 'Everytime a hubcap is found, an angel gets his wings.'
    Father: Your teacher's full of crap.

- rocko's modern life

I am ambivalent on this movie. On the one hand, this is an adaptation of a fantastic graphic novel by one of the best writers in comics ever, the legendary Alan Moore (Consider him the Milton of contemporary comics, if you will. To me, he is God.).

On the other hand, Hollywood has a bad track record of seriously cheesifying great works onscreen. They already destroyed his stark, exhaustive Ripper tale "From Hell".

Like Paulie, I also love Sean Connery [whenever I say his name, I always do it in a horrible imitation of his brogue, so imagine me saying Shon-Kun-er-reee], so I want to like this.

On the other hand, the trailers I saw of this appeared underwhelming.

Still, I will definitely want to see this eventually, I just hope that Hollywood finally gets it right.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

My hubby and I are going to see this tonight. I think it looks good. I'll let you guys know what I think.

someone help me out here....is the name Allan Quartermain from a book? The other names (some of them) ring a bell from different books and this one seems familier too but I can't place it.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Alan Quartmain was the main character in King's Solomon's Mines with Richard Chamberlain and also one of the characters on General Hospital.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

We went to see this on Sunday, and were very dissapointed. Not a lot of plot or dialogue. Special effects were cool, but not enough to warrent a trip to the theater. I would wait until it comes out on video, and save your $20

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast