+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Legally Blonde 2 : Red White & Blonde - 07/02

Legally Blonde 2 : Red White & Blonde - 07/02

From Hollywood.com

Synopsis: Having conquered Harvard, Elle Woods, the blonde, effervescent, pink-loving law school grad, is now a rising young lawyer at a great firm, balancing a demanding a career with preparations for her wedding to the man of her dreams. But when she finds out that her beloved dog Bruiser's family members are being used as cosmetic test subjects by one of her firm's own clients, she stands up for their rights--and is promptly fired. She's devastated, but you can't keep an optimist down. Ms. Woods goes to Washington to take matters into her own French-manicured hands. Trying to learn the political ropes and win over politicians, Elle faces a formidable challenge--and in a sea of grey, black, and navy, she sticks out like a pink thumb. Others on The Hill aren't immediately kind to "Capitol Barbie" and D.C. isn't an easy place for a person with impeccable fashion sense and a Harvard Law degree. But with her clever and sassy signature blend of intelligence and determination, she bucks the system the Elle Woods way. Speaking up for Bruiser and his family, Elle eventually inspires those around her to find voices of their own.
    Statistics

Genre(s):
    Comedy
    Sequel
    Rating: MPAA PG-13
    Runtime: 95 mins.

Cast & Role

Reese Witherspoon -- Elle Woods
    Sally Field -- Congresswoman Rudd
    Regina King -- Grace Rossiter
    Jennifer Coolidge -- Paulette Parcelle
    Bruce McGill -- Stanford Marks
    Dana Ivey -- Libby Hauser
    Mary Lynn Rajskub -- Reena Gulani
    Jessica Cauffiel -- Margot
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    I thought the original was funny, but a complete insult to the legal profession. When they were trying to show her being "intelligent," it just sounded like stating the obvious (taking a shower after a perm was her big case-winning factor!?!). I would consider watching this once it comes on cable, or maybe if it gets good reviews, I'll download it and watch it online. I definitely wouldn't pay money for it, though...

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I saw the original and I thought it was hilarious. I think I might catch this movie if I have the time to.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

I thought the original was pretty funny.
    I don't think I'd go and see this in the theatre, but I would rent the dvd.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    I saw this... It was definetly not as good as the original, as sequels rarely are, but it was okay. I recommend waiting until it comes out on tape

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    I saw this... It was definetly not as good as the original, as sequels rarely are, but it was okay. I recommend waiting until it comes out on tape
    Thanks for the recommendation. Exactly what I was waiting to hear. I loved the first one, but didn't think they could make the second to be as good. Thanks for the recommendation.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    my sentiments exactly. i went yesterday and saw it and though it had some funny parts, it wasn't nearly as cute as the original.

I went and saw it yesterday too & I thought it was pretty funny.
    I agree with the ones above me, not as good as the first one, but for a sequel I think they did a pretty good job, it did have me laughing a lot

(God Luke Wilson is such a dish! )
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

+ Reply to Thread