+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yipee! More musicals!

Has anyone seen the Bobby Darrin movie with Kevin Spacey? He does all his own singing and quite a few musical type dance scenes. Pretty amazing of Spacey, I thought.
    Count your blessings!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Oh my - now I'm even more excited after seeing the trailer for Rent. Some of the costumes are exactly the same as the play - you can see Tango Maureen and Out Tonight just by the snippets of scenes.

Oh my word I'm excited!!!!

bump - you can get the movie version of "Seasons of Love" from itunes. Last I saw it was #52 in the top 100

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    bump - you can get the movie version of "Seasons of Love" from itunes. Last I saw it was #52 in the top 100
    Funny thing you should post this. I was listening to the movie version just as I came into this thread. It is very good!
    Last edited by AIWANNABE; 08-22-2005 at 07:54 PM.

I am such a RENT head. Saw the original New York cast, London Cast, LA Cast.

I think my expectations are through the roof for this film.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses
    I love musicals, if they're well made with real singers, going all the way back to the old black and whites.
    I don't generally think of her as a singer, but I adore Leslie Ann Warren's Cinderella from the way back when '64 teleplay.

Actually the whole thing, but her in particular.

giz
    I'd love to see the Spacey movie. As soon as I see it in the video store... Has anyone seen Blackpool on the BBC? It's a modern musical series, lots of drama the occasional bit of singing and dancing. Ah, those British.

The Rent soundtrack (from the movie) was released yesterday. Whole thing on itunes.

Listening to snippets, I'm impressed, but I think they tinkered with one of my favorites - Old Song Glory. We'll see. couldn't find it in Target yesterday, but I'll definitely buy it.

Counting the days til the movie! Funny, the first time I saw Rent on broadway I was 8 months pregnant. Now when I see the movie, I'll be 8 months pregnant. Silly little coincidence!

FORT Fogey
    Mmmmhhhmmm. I can't WAIT to watch Rent. It looks like one of the sad movies that you love to watch!

I'm actually skipping school for a day to go see the movie version of RENT with some friends. That shows how much more important my musicals are then my academics!

BTW: I'm so glad I found this thread. I love talking about musicals!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast