+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yipee! More musicals!

Well, I loved the original Guys and Dolls. Do you know if they are going to modernize it by putting it in a contemporary setting? I'm not sure how well the plot would hold up if they did. I'd probably see it anyway though.

* Luck be a lady tonight...*
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Hey, Z, don't rock the boat!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Zhora, that would be a great idea! I'm sure they could make it more contemporary. If they did it with Romeo and Juliet, why not G&D?

I'm bumping this thread because I was curious if anyone had heard if these projects are really in the works.

I'm probably the last person to see Moulin Rouge on the planet, but I just did and I can't believe I missed it so long. I absolutely 'ed it! I adored Chicago, too. We need more musicals!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I hope Wicked makes it to the screen, either as a musical or drama. Musical would be more fun though.

Do you mean the book by Gregory Maguire (if I got that name right)? That was such a good book. I could see it either way, if so.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Do you mean the book by Gregory Maguire (if I got that name right)? That was such a good book. I could see it either way, if so.
    Yes Hepcat, it's the hottest musical on Broadway right now, I loved the book, would love to see it on the Big Screen.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    I LOVE Musicals! pretty much own all of the good ones... Fiddler is my absolute favorite

Damn Yankees would be an incredible remake! it's kind of obscure and not everyone knows the original story line-

i'm kind of skeptical about the Guys and Dolls remake b/c the original was brilliant! can you top the original cast?

Les Miserables is another one that needs to be done- and not a movie version of the play- a complete musical with original cast members...

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    bump

Rent is in production and due in theatres 11/05

Taye Diggs and Jesse L. Martin are reprising their original broadway cast roles.

I will be first on line for this

Still would LOVE to see Damn Yankees remade

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    bump

Rent is in production and due in theatres 11/05

Taye Diggs and Jesse L. Martin are reprising their original broadway cast roles.

I will be first on line for this

Still would LOVE to see Damn Yankees remade
    I think the only main character not being played by the original actor (from the first Broadway cast) is "Mimi, " which is fine by me because Daphne Rubin-Vega was, I think, the weakest member of the cast. She's been replaced by Rosario Dawson. Jesse Martin has, imho, the best voice in the cast.... and he's not bad to look at either. It's cool too that Taye Diggs and Idina Menzel get to work together on this project, since it's where they met and fell in love.

Instead of New York, they're filming on location in San Francisco. Chris Columbus seems like an odd choice to direct, but I'll still be in line to see it on opening day!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast