+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 28 Days Later - 06/27

28 Days Later - 06/27

[IMG]images/img/28.jpg[/IMG]

28 Days Later (2003)

Synopsis: After breaking into a primate research facility, a group of animal rights activists discover caged chimps chained up before banks of screens displaying horrifying, violent images. Ignoring the warnings of the terrified researcher who maintains that the chimps are infected, they begin to free the animals and are immediately subjected to a bloody attack from the enraged creatures. Twenty-eight days later, Cycle courier Jim awakes from a coma in the deserted intensive care unit of a London hospital. He wanders out into a church where he finds dead bodies piled in heaps on the chapel floor. A sudden explosion from a makeshift bomb heralds the arrival of fellow "survivors" Selina and Mark. They take Jim to safety and explain to him that this infection is transmitted by blood and overwhelms the infected victim with a murderous rage within seconds. Britain has been overrun, and they have no way of knowing if it has spread worldwide. Their only hope of survival may lie in the hands of a Manchester group of soldiers, as they claim to have the "answer" to infection and invite any survivors to join them at their blockade. Faced with no practical alternative, the group sets out northwards, unaware that the worst is yet to come.

Statistics[]
    Genre(s): Sci-Fi, Thriller Rating: MPAA R: for strong violence and gore, language and nudity. Runtime: 112 mins. Theatrical Release: 06/27/2003

Cast & Role
    Cillian Murphy - Jim
    Naomi Harris - Selena
    Brendan Gleeson - Frank
    Megan Burns - Hannah
    Christopher Eccleston - Major Henry West
    Alex Palmer - Activist
    Bindu De Stoppani - Activist
    Jukka Hiltunen - Activist

Crew & Credit
    Danny Boyle - Director
    Andrew Macdonald - Producer

I've never even seen a trailer for this movie. I like Sci-Fi movies, but this one sounds like a second-rate film. Might watch it on video.

FORT Fogey
    Darn animal rights activists!

This could either be really good or really bad. Kind of takes the concept from "Outbreak."

Has anyone seen this? I was a little disappointed. I expected a scientific movie, the kind that explains the facts to the virus and that sort of talk but it was mostly a gruesome horror movie. Which is fine ... I guess that's what happens when I don't watch the trailers and only read a small paragraph about it before going to watch it.

It was pretty scary though ~ so I guess if you're into that kinda thing, this movie is alright. The movie also had some revolting parts that really touched some nerves I think.

My friend and I saw it and have 2 different opinions. Dara thinks it was really good and enjoyed it. I felt it could have been better. The main premise is good and creative but toward the middle it bogs down. You get the feeling it was made on a limited budget.

I've heard two things about it: 1) it's very scary, and 2) the marketing has been intentionally vague so that people will come see the movie to find out what's going on (apparently, if they promoted how scary it was, they think people wouldn't come).

I don't know if that's true or not. It's just what I've heard.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

It is scary in the over all sense of say The Stand, for example. Some of the characters look scary in a monster sort of way, and somehow have been made to move almost like insects. That's creepy. I like scary movies but they are getting hard to find.

Cablejockey, I like scary too. Was it also suspenseful?

In a few places very suspensful. The ending make me think about this movie for the next few days.

Don't Worry It's Just Me! falloutbey's Avatar
    This was an awesome movie. First of all.. its really not that scary in the way you might think. It's not scary like horror, imo. It's a
    sci-fi movie. I mean there are some scary parts but its not a movie that keeps scaring you over and over with stupid jumps and screams and scary music. It takes the time to have character development and in the middle it gets a little slow but its a must to be a more memorable, thoughtful movie. The end is totally different then what I had imagined it would of been, but it was seriously very suspenseful. I like the camera shots and the "infected" people.The movie gets you thinking and I really liked it. I don't know how to explain it.. don't go see the movie if you want a movie like Jeepers Creepers or a regular zombie movie. It's a little like Outbreak but its still in its class of its own because its a "zombie" movie with meaning and a message, but with good acting and action.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast