+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 28 Days Later - 06/27

Hmmm....sounds interesting. I like scary, sci-fi, suspensful so this movie sounds like it's right up my alley.

I just saw this movie today (July 4) and I thought it was quite entertaining. It's filmed by the same man who made "Trainspotting", so some of the camera work/scenes are weird/interesting. There's one shot of a field that is a painting but is also "live" at the same time.

Overall, I thought it was quite entertaining. I like Sci Fi, and I had no expectations for this movie other than that a man wakes up to be completely alone, seemingly, on the planet, and that there are zombie-like people ala the Omega Man or Night of the Comet (not comparing this movie at all to Night of the Comet, just what I was expecting Zombie-wise prior to going to the movie).

So, being that I had no expectations, I enjoyed it. It was a bit on the depressing side, (ala "The Day After" and "Threads" and "Testament", despite the fact that it's not about Nuclear war, it has that same "end of days" vibe).

I don't like horror movies, and I would say that this isn't really like a horror movie. It's scary, i.e. there are surprises, and some gross things, but I would never put it in the category of horror, in that there are no cliche plots and characters, and the plot moves along swiftly/has a point. It did it's job: it held my interest until the very last frame. That's a big job in hollywood these days, and I'm impressed that this British film did well with it.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

I saw it yesterday too, and thought it was okay. I love horror movies, but don't like "slasher" movies. This one definitely had some gore, but not as bad as some I've seen. There are several AAAHHH moments that make the audience jump, and the premise is really interesting. I would have liked it a little better if they focused more on the survival aspect of the situation than on the zombies trying to eat everyone's face.

Also, the lead actor is quite beautiful when he's cleaned up. I love him.

I really like Christopher Eccleston and Danny Boyle has made some great movies.
    I'd probably rent the dvd.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fan
    I thought it was disappointing. For a movie billed as "reinventing the genre" by quite a sources, I thought it relied on quite of few cliches and stupid decisions by the characters to create tension. Also, the gimmick where the protagonist woke up after all the devastation started out ok but after the first act it felt like the movie mostly forgot about it.
    Tugboats and arson. That's all I ever get from you guys.

FORT Newbie
    I really liked this movie!!! I usually hate horror movies with a passion, but my dad won tickets, so I decided that I might as well go. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was, without being too scary. It was more creepy then anything, although there were a few scenes that still scare me. The music was excellant (I bought the soundtrack the next day) and the camera angles were amazing (I'm big on those types of things). But overall, I thought it was EXCELLANT! I would DEFINATLY recommend it!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12