+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Favorite movie scenes

The scene in Rear Window when Lisa is searching Thorwald's apartment as he arrives at home. . .

The carousel scene in Strangers on a Train. . .

The final shot of Norman Bates in Psycho. . .

Sorry, just in a Hitchcocky kinda mood right now

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I love the scene in "The Unusual Suspects" where they're all lined up at the police station and Benicio Del Toro is mumbling the line he's supposed to recite.

The kissing scene in Jerry Maguire when Jerry breaks her dress strap.

In "A Fish Called Wanda", when they're all sitting at the table and the look on Kevin Kline's face when that guy is stuttering .
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Oooh....also from Strangers on a Train--
    the scene at the carnival when Robert Walker walks past a little kid and uses his cigarette to pop the kid's balloon.

Another great scene from A Fish Called Wanda is when Jamie Lee Curtis is telling Kevin Kline off:

Otto: "DON'T ever call me stupid!"
    Wanda: "Oh, right, to call you stupid would be an insult to STUPID people! I've known sheep that could outwit you. I've worn dresses with higher IQ's. But YOU think you're an intellectual, don't you, Ape?"
    O: "Apes don't read philosophy!"
    W: "Yes they do, Otto, they just don't understand it! Now let me correct you on a few things. Aristotle was not Belgian. The central message of Buddhism is NOT every man for himself! And the London Underground is not a political movement. Those are all mistakes, Otto. I looked 'em up."

FORT Fan
    The John Travolta dance scene in Saturday Night Fever...will stop me in my tracks everytime.

FORT Fogey
    In Billy Madison, when they are on a field trip at the farm, and that little nerdy kid pees his pants. Billy then pours water on his crotch and announces that everyone his age pees their pants. you are not cool unless you pee your pants. Aww how sweet!!!! Oh and then when the old grandma is all.. "If peeing you pants is cool then I'm Elvis" (or something like that. I can't remember the exact quote) Anyone else like that scene???

Another one, at the end of Monsters Inc. when they have to shred Boo's door, but then Mike puts it back together for Sully.

Legally Blonde-- Bend and Snap scene

T3-- the beginning chase scene with the huge truck. Sorry, I can't describe it anybetter

Grease-- when Sandy is in the bathroom barfing and Rizzo makes fun of her

Grease-- "A hickey from Kenikie is like a Hallmark card"

Happy Gilmore-- when Happy gets the crap beat out of him bby Bob Barker ETA oops just realized spegs already said this.. Good choice!!!!

FORT Fogey
    New favorite movie scene
    From how to lose a guy in ten days, when they are in the bathroom about to take a shower. And when she interrupts his poker game.

Hmm..... Alot of my favs have already been given, but I have a few more.

- Kathy Bates: "Fried Green Tomatoes", where she runs into the snotty girls car in the parking lot..." You may be young, but I've got more insurance"

- Tom Hanks: " A League of Their Own", when he tells the crying player ..." You're crying? There's no crying in Baseball!"

- Bill Murray: " Stripes" and " What About Bob". Too many scenes to quote

- "Poltergeist", When Craig T Nelson realizes that the housing development is on TOP of a graveyard. (Headstones moved, bodies left)

- "Trading Places". When Mortimer and Randolph get screwed at the end by Eddie Murphy & Dan Akroyd! (Financially) :fyou

I have so many, but these are a few I can think of off the cuff.
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

FORT Fogey
    Ooh I thought of another one...

In Miss Congeniality, when she demonstrates the"Sing" technique on that guy...

OH and when theyre at the pool and they get really close to kissing and then he takes a bite out of his Snickers Bar lol

Reservoir Dogs

The scene where Mr Blonde turns on "Stuck in the middle with you" and dances around, then he cuts the cops face up.

A disturbing scene but I though it was well done and so out there that it stuck in my head.

the scene in Ghost when Patrick Swayze is freaking out Whoopie Goldberg by responding to everything she says. (before he realises that she can hear him)
    That and when he keeps her up all night singing 'i'm henry the eigth, I am"
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast