+ Reply to Thread

Thread: One Hour Photo

One Hour Photo

This movie intrigues me. I'm not even quite sure what the plot is even though I've read the storyline on the website. It looks really promising. It's not a movie that's received tons of publicity. To me, that makes it seem even better...and now I'm curious! It says that it's being played in select theaters. I hope it's being shown where I live. Here's the link...

http://www.foxsearchlight.com/onehourphoto/

Oh great....now I'll have in the back of my mind that the 1-hour photo guy might be looking at my pictures and going stalker on me.
    That would be creepy since my 1-hour guy looks like Carrot Top.

*fixed emoticon. I've got to get used to the lol is laugh over here.
    Last edited by Wolf; 09-17-2002 at 12:36 AM.

Oh Wolf! How am I supposed to get "The Carrot Top Stalker" out of my head now!

I have heard nothing but bad things about this movie but I would still like to see it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I have heard nothing but bad things about this movie but I would still like to see it.
    You are a marketing person's dream! LOL
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

ACK...Carrot Top!
    I saw one commercial for this, and no more!
    Didn't seem like a Cali type of movie.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

So no one here actually saw the film? Well I did and suffice it to say, the minute Robin Williams came onscreen, I forgot it was Robin the standup guy. He played the character of Uncle Sy so eerily, it was downright creepy.

I have to admit that the only reason I saw this indy flick is because my girlfriend and I are Michael Vartan hos. But just as I expected, no acting chops for this hunk. Just strictly filler role as someone who looks good on camera but no depth. But Robin did an excellent job portraying the stalker with a serious headcase and the buildup leading right up to the climax was just that. Creepy as all hell!

Good indy flick just to see Robin go out of his standard character feel good role.

I also saw this movie (or rather, attempted to see it). I agree with Mokka in that it was good to see Robin Williams break out of his standard slapstick comedy role. (Actually his second out of character movie) I am sorry, but I am the type of audience that if I am not grabbed within 20 minutes of the opening credits, I'm atta there and that is pretty much what happened. I found this film boring, drawn out and tedious. By the time this movie got moving, I had already moved away from the screen and onto better things. This movie gets one and a half stars from this Ebert and Roeper wannabe. Okay, two but that's the highest I'll go. Close but no cigar!

PS: I thought he was much better in Insomnia.

I saw plenty of trailers for it but it never came to my local theatre.
    I would probably rent the DVD, even though most of the reports I've heard haven't been that positive.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread