+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What actor would you most want to start a new TV series?

FORT Newbie

What actor would you most want to start a new TV series?

.. and what type of show would it be?

filmfreak000

I'm not a fan of movie actors being on a tv series, but I remember Lucas Black (Sling Blade and Crazy in Alabama) who acted well in Gothic(?). I liked that creepy, but non-bloody type of feel.

Why not visit the movie forum when you get the chance? Glad that you are here!

Goodness, I wrote for you to visit the movie forum while we're already here I meant to visit the other threads being that you're a "filmfreak". i.e. favorite movie genre/star.

I moved this thread here - he probably hasn't been here.

FORT Newbie
    Hi, thanks for the welcome! Yes, the movie forum does make much more sense, doesn't it? So, what actors and actresses are you into? Have you seen Harrison Ford doing interviews lately? I know that he's never liked interviews, but he really seems to be particularly low energy and unenthusiastic lately. I heard a rumor that he smokes pot w/ Jim Carrey. Anyway, since Ford already won the AFI award, maybe he doesn't feel the need to work at it as much. Did you know that De Niro is the next one to receive the AFI award?

Hi FilmFreak0000,

I can't think of any movie that I've seen with Harrison Ford that I didn't like. I thought he did very well in The Mosquito Coast. If that rumor is true, then he is stupid for having made it so far in his career to jeopardize it. Maybe he's tired from dating younger women.

Yes, I heard DeNiro is supposed to get the AFI award this Monday on the USA network. If you hear differently, please let me know.

I enjoy Jude Law, Mel Gibson, Jody Foster, Meryl Streep, oh so many others, and a lot of the classics as well.

FORT Newbie
    Eldee, you're right - the AFI awards are on the USA channel this coming Monday, June 23 9pm/8c (http://www.usanetwork.com/specials/afideniro/) - I'm glad you mentioned that it was next week, 'cause I thought it was next month and I wouldn't have double-checked the date until you brought it up, so thanks!

I agree - I can't think of a movie with Harrison Ford in it that I don't like either. He's always just so cool to watch. The rumor is from my girlfriend's friend's boyfriend (get it?), who deals to celebrities and apparently sells to both Ford and Carey and says that they smoke out together. I'm not gonna say I'm into drugs, but that would be one fun party!!

FORT Newbie
    btw, I had an idea that celebrity impersonators could do a show where the impersonators caused awkward public scenes and fooled all the onlookers - kind of like a celebrity look-alike candid camera... except that it's already been done! I saw the show over the weekend, but I don't remember the channel or the name. Damn ~ no original ideas under the sun, I tell ya.

Hi FilmFreak0000,

I know what you mean about original ideas not being so original. I had an idea for a class I took this past semester. Another girl had the same idea and we never spoke of it. I guess it's true that great minds think alike!

+ Reply to Thread