+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Hulk - 06/20

The Hulk - 06/20

From Hollywood.com

Synopsis: Scientist Bruce Banner has, to put it mildly, anger management issues. His quiet life as a brilliant researcher working with cutting edge genetic technology conceals a nearly forgotten and painful past. His ex-girlfriend and fellow researcher, Betty Ross, has tired of Bruce's cordoned off emotional terrain and resigns herself to remaining an interested onlooker to his quiet life--until a simple oversight in the lab leads to an explosive situation in which Bruce heroically saves a life by absorbing a normally deadly dose of gamma radiation. Believing himself to have emerged from the accident unscathed, Bruce can't deny he's experiencing some strange side effects--including blackouts and the feeling that there is some kind of strange and dark, yet attractive, presence within him. All the while an impossibly strong, rampaging creature, who comes to be known as the Hulk, continues its sporadic appearances, cutting a swath of destruction in his wake. But Betty Ross has her theories, she knows the shadowy figure lurking in the background, Bruce's father David, is somehow connected. She may be the only one who understands the link bewteen the scientist and the Hulk, but her efforts may be too late to save both man and creature.

Genre(s):
    Action
    Adaptation
    Adventure
    Rating: MPAA PG-13: Sci-Fi action violence, some disturbing images and brief partial nudity
    Runtime: 138 mins.

Distributor(s):
    Universal Pictures Distribution
    Theatrical Release:
    06/20/2003
    Video Release: Not available
    Locations

Arizona\ San Francisco, California

Cast & Role

Eric Bana -- Bruce Banner/The Hulk
    Jennifer Connelly -- Betty Ross
    Sam Elliott -- General Thunderbolt Ross
    Josh Lucas -- Glenn Talbott
    Nick Nolte -- Dr David Banner
    Paul Kersey -- Young David Banner
    Cara Buono -- Edith Banner
    Todd Tesen -- Young Ross
    Last edited by John; 06-16-2003 at 08:30 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm so disappointed they're using a computer-generated Hulk. I won't be seeing this one, and I probably would have...

Even computer generated, they could have had him behave like a normal creature, obeying the laws of gravity and such. But they chose not to. Bad for them.

I was having exactly this conversation with my husband last night John.
    I'm disappointed that they've chosen to go this route.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Fade to black
    It looks cheesy in the previews I've seen. Too bad, I liked the Hulk when I was a kid.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Originally posted by John
    I'm so disappointed they're using a computer-generated Hulk. I won't be seeing this one, and I probably would have...

Even computer generated, they could have had him behave like a normal creature, obeying the laws of gravity and such. But they chose not to. Bad for them.
    I agree! I was sooo looking forward to this movie last year when the preview was just him looking in the mirror. Seeing the recent trailers with the fake Hulk have completely turned me off. I'm sure I'll still see it -- on DVD so I can fast forward.

Oh heck. I'll probably see it anyway. I'll give you guys the suck-o scale rating after it's out on DVD.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

I just don't like that they had to use a CGI Hulk. It just takes away something...I dunno.

FORT Fogey
    Well, originally they were going to go with a live-action Hulk:

But that idea was quickly scrapped. It looked good to me.

Nice!

I can't believe I've never seen that costume on Halloween before.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

2 words for everyone.....Ang Lee.

I'm sorry, Lou Ferrigno(sp?) never cut it for me as the Hulk in the TV series. And an even bigger, more cut guy STILL wouldn't cut it on the big screen. CGI was the best avenue they had to get the Hulk to the big screen. Does he look CGI/cartoony? Yes....but keep in mind IT'S A COMIC BOOK! Even Spider-Man, Daredevil, Blade, and spawn had some CGI in it.

And as far as "obeying the laws of physics" goes....nobody has seen the movie yet, and it seems like no one really reads the comic book(I admit, I dont, really either), but as far as I know, The Hulk is so freakin' strong from the radiation that he can LEAP high and far, can smash fast and powerfully, and can throw heavier things than tanks into orbit.

I think its going to be a good movie. I would probably have agreed with y'all if Ang Lee wasnt the director, but he is, and that man puts out solid movies, with good stories, and great acting.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast