+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: From Justin To Kelly - 06/20

Originally posted by hazyshadeof
    Go watch Freddie Got Fingered then. That's worse than a car crash.
    Whoa.. I just had a flash of Justin Guarini singing "Daddy, would you like some sausage?" Scary.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

So, we happen to catch a commercial for this today, and my wife says "it really bothers me when Kelly says 'my friends call me Kelly'. No shite! That's her frickin' name!"

Just thought I'd share.

Welcoming the world Mr. Bunbury's Avatar
    Originally posted by Bliss
    Freddie Got Fingered has to be the worst movie in history.
    *ahem* "Showgirls"

Showgirls at least had nudity going for it. FGF didn't even have that.

Fade to black
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Blondes Prefer Gentlemen Finárë's Avatar
    Originally posted by Bliss
    Freddie Got Fingered has to be the worst movie in history.
    I must respectfully disagree, and submit for your consideration a little known gem from the mid-80's that (among the other many qualities to recommend it) was filmed entirely on location in Yugoslavia:

Yor, Hunter from the Future

Just to give you an idea of how truly abysmally awful this waste of celluloid is, the opening theme song went something like "Yor - He's our Man! He's our Man!"

If you know of what I speak, then God have mercy on your soul. I share your pain.

As for the topic of "From Justin to Kelly", I offer the following advice:

Just put the tickets down... back away from the theater... and no one will get hurt.
    "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."
    - Mae West

Our local movie critic says that From Justin to Kelly is THE WORST movie musical ever made. Bad story, awful clothes, bad dancing, terrible editing. I am not sure I will see this any time soon. Maybe never.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Okay, here’s a question for ya:

Do you think the hate for the movie comes from a set of perceived rights granted to the singers and the franchise of American Idol? I.e. that of “yes, they are “allowed” to sing and entertain me, but how “dare” they make a movie?” Or is it because the script is actually known and despised?

I.e. Do you think the mass populace out there, whose consensus it is to hate the movie prior to even seeing it, does so because of their beliefs, conscious or subconscious, of the following:

1. American Idols should not make a movie, (i.e. because we “knew” them as singers first, and TV show singers at that, singers that were “allowed” to become successful, “we” never gave them permission to act, how dare they think so highly of themselves etc. etc.)
    2. They can sing, and singers can’t act
    3. I don’t like musicals, so I won’t like this one
    4. “Real” music critics have always hated the AI franchise, and refused to watch it, only commenting on the news of the show, and are disgusted with it’s success, not believing that it finds “real” talent, so they deem the movie awful for simply being linked to the franchise they already despise
    5. Word of mouth – i.e. many other people who haven’t seen the movie are saying that it will be bad, therefore it must be bad, i.e. numbers of people saying it “must” be bad equals it being bad
    6. MTV is despicable, and anything that reminds me of it will be despicable
    7. I hate Beach Blanket Bingo and it’s ilk, I will hate this
    8. I hated Grease, therefore if this is like Grease, I will hate it also
    9. Those that hate the AI franchise, also hate big corporate media giants, and find this movie offensive because it “shoves” another AI product down our throats

And do you think if the movie flops, it will be because it really did suck, or because people stayed away from the theaters because of the above beliefs?

I’m not sure I’ll actually see it, but I’m curious about the pre-hate of the movie, and it’s origins.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Interesting theory, Shazzer and I would tend think that's where a lot of the bad buzz is generated from. It's contagious.

However, I tend to judge movies on the trailers and if it captures my interest, I'll give it a shot. If not, then I don't go see it.

Of course, I'm in the category of one that wants to J2K. I want to watch them sing, dance and flirt.

And back to Yor, Hunter from the Future...
    "Yor - He's our Man! He's our Man!"
    Finare, you're HILARIOUS!
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

So, has anone actually seen this movie yet?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast