+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blade Runner 2049

Blade Runner 2049

per Google:

Blade Runner 2049

R 2017 ‧ Fantasy/Mystery ‧ 2h 44m

Officer K (Ryan Gosling), a new blade runner for the Los Angeles Police Department, unearths a long-buried secret that has the potential to plunge what's left of society into chaos. His discovery leads him on a quest to find Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford), a former blade runner who's been missing for 30 years.

Release date: October 6, 2017 (USA)
    Director: Denis Villeneuve
    Box office: 224.1 million USD
    Film series: Blade Runner Film Series
    Music composed by: Hans Zimmer, Vangelis, Benjamin Wallfisch
    Excellent example of the craft of film making from the look, the feel, the music, the set design, the costumes, the lighting.

Continues the story and is the sequel of the original Blade Runner movie released in 1982 and loosely based on Philip K Dick's 1968 novel Do Android's Dream of Electric Sheep?

Cute little touches ala the origami sheep.

The Japanese, other Pacific Rim influences are very strong in the film indicating they take over the American economy, what was unexpected was the Russian influence.

There is a fair amount of nudity in the film, female especially, but I am glad to see the influence of Game of Thrones in regards to females and their own natural breasts and not ginormous implants. Lots of toned female bodies that look like females and not plastic pin up dolls.

Scathing comments about ecology and climate change and pollution and unemployment. In the original film it rained a lot in LA now it snows a lot in LA. The entire city of San Diego is used as an open garbage pit.

At 2 hours and 44 minutes this film is 44 minutes too long. It takes forever to get to the point which is not that far off from the original movies premise but takes it further to actually overthrowing the original humans.

Was there a point to this movie?

Did it really need to be made?

Beautiful style over substance and maybe a wakeup call to humanity to start taking care of the planet else this is what it will look like.

Wallace/Jethro Leto who took over the Tyrell corporation ... are CEO's really that evil and conniving that they would create a slave labor force. Well I do think CEO's can be evil and conniving but I don't really think they are that forward thinking about anything except lining their own pockets.

Was kinda disappointed was expecting something more after hearing all the wonderful reviews.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 11-05-2017 at 09:51 AM.
    No goat killers on my island.

+ Reply to Thread