+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Movies you thought you would LOVE but hated..

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
    I guess we ruined it by watching it with English dubbed, but it was so bad, and I mean Beastmaster bad, that we finally just turned it off.

The Ring
    It just didn't work somehow.

-Randy

I agree on The Ring.

UGH!

I didn't expect to love it, necessarily, but at least like it. I watch scary movies to be scared and it just did not do it for me.

well i think im not alone on this one but...

matrix revolutions. the action was good sure, but the feel and the pressence from the first film didnt travel on to the rest of the trilogy. midway through i kept thinking, "where is keanu? and who cares about these people in Zion?" its sad to think one of your favorite movies, and see it just go to sh**.
    the ending was horrible. i was laughing when people were in awe of the fight scenes. i mean, c'mon they were fighting and flying at the same time? i just thought, "when did this movie turn into comic books?" the effects werent even that great, lotr- two towers had better effects. i mean, Gollum blows revolutions socks off, and im just talking Gollum alone and not the effects during helms deep.
    Last edited by John; 11-27-2003 at 09:30 PM.

Shaft

My BF and I went to see it and we hated it,but agreed Samual L Jackson was perfect for the part
    Bring on the Fab 5!

"I said walk, not march like a weird little troll!": Carson Kressley

"My ship works better when I kick it" Spike Spiegel(Cowboy Bebop)

The Worst for me was "The Queen of the Damned". That is one of my favorite books by Anne Rice and it was barely based on the book. They could have done something really special with that, but really crappe dit up instead.

Oh, The Ring wasn't great, but the original Japanese version "Ringu" was really good.

Soul Sourvivor-the commercial looked really kwel, but the movie didn't make sense at all.

queen of the damned yes i forgot about that, they did do a crap job. at least interview followed the story correctly.

Legally Blonde 2 ..... i really loved the first one & was really looking forward to #2 but it was too over the top.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    Matrix Reload did it for me. I could not understand all of that gobbledy-gook that the Oracle and Archeitect were talking about. I really resented having to wait for Neo to translate their words into "Matrix For Dummies" talk. I even rented the DVD and turned on the subtitles, figuring that if I read what they're saying, it may make better sense---WRONG!

Matrix Revolutions was just as bad. Killing off Trinity and leaving Neo in an "iffy" state was stupid!

The Farelly Bros don't give interviews about the movies and say that they are self-explanatory. You should read some of the movie message boards on this trilogy. The theories and CR@P that some people have hatched in their brains is just plain scary!
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

Quote Originally Posted by snickers
    queen of the damned yes i forgot about that, they did do a crap job. at least interview followed the story correctly.
    I agree. Queen of the Damned the movie was nothing like the book. Nor was it as good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast