+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By AZChristian
  • 1 Post By libgirl2

Thread: It

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

It

I read Stephen King's book many years ago, but didn't really remember much of it, other than there was a scary clown.

We watched the 1980s miniseries (2 episodes for a total of 4 hours) over the weekend to help us decide whether to go see the new movie.

We saw the movie this morning. For those who may not know, this movie is comparable to episode 1 of the miniseries. A sequel is planned for next year.

Character development of the children (what made them to be considered "losers") was better in the new movie. Of course, with the advent of new technology, there is more blood and more special effects. We found the dialogue to be difficult to understand (youngish teenagers speaking fast and not enunciating), and the volume levels to vary greatly.

If you're a Stephen King and/or horror movie fan, you'll probably like it.
    waywyrd and Dinahann like this.
    I'm Paula.

Re: It

It is one of my favorite books of all time. I remember when it came out, I read it over the weekend non-stop. I just love the kids/adults. I saw the original mini-series and even think I own it. I haven't seen the remake yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Tim Curry will be hard to beat but the guy who plays Pennywise is just as scary. I just wish they would have made it into a TV limited series as they did The Mist. Its such a complex and long book that I don't think 5 hours or so can do it justice.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I am not a Stephen King fan but I remember watching the limited TV series, it was wonderful and you need that length of time to explain the story. I also ended up reading the book and enjoyed that as it filled in details that they were not able to put into the TV series. The book is huge. Will a two part film really be able to capture the entire story?
    No goat killers on my island.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

The 2-part movie will be similar in length to the original miniseries. I felt that the character development of the kids was much better in the movie than the miniseries, so I'm hoping the second movie continues to not disappoint.

I'm in line to borrow the book from the library, so it will be nice to have ALL the details before viewing the second half of the story next year.

Gotta tell you - the young girl who played Beverly is going to grow up to look JUST like Amy Adams (in case anybody wants my opinion of who should play Beverly as an adult).
    I'm Paula.

+ Reply to Thread