+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Movies that surprised you...

Thanks, Zhora. "Following" sounds really interesting. We'll have to check it out.

hmmm...this guy also did "Insomnia" and "Identity". Both good, but about halfway through "Insomnia" I was screaming, "We know he's tired!" at the screen.

-Randy (that's not the Royal 'we', but my wife and I LOL)
    Last edited by LoneStarSpur; 11-13-2003 at 03:17 PM.

Memento Insomnia

I swear I was awake through Insomnia, (well - physically awake), but I have almost no recollection of it at all. Not exactly a glowing recommendation, eh?

Insomnia would have been much better if he had cut about 20 minutes worth of Al Pacino closeups showing how tired he was.

I actually have another movie to add to my list of movies that surprised me...

"A mighty wind" ... I LOVED it! I just watched it the other night and now I can't stop... lol :-) It's way too addicting.

(I loved Best in Show too, but thought MW was better... "Waiting for Guffman" was funny too but in my opinion the lesser of the three)

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar
    One that comes to mind here is Mystery, Alaska. My hubby and I both enjoyed it a lot, while not expecting much.

The mitten state
    Crossing Delancy (it's an older movie with Amy Irving, never heard of it or seen it, it's a nice little romantic comedy)

Never Been Kissed, was dragged there by a friend and thought it was a cute movie, couldn't believe how much the critics hated it.

Broken Arrow, had no interest in going, my husband dragged me. I loved it, thought it was interesting and funny.

I'm sure there are more but that is all I can think of right now
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Mystery, Alaska was a good one! I was expecting an okay sports movie (I'm not really into hockey), and I really loved it. Thanks for the reminder!

spoiler-free zone
    I was very reluctant to watch what I thought was going to be another sports movie. But I ended up enjoying it, too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234