+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Movies that surprised you...

Chasing Amy is one of my favorite movies. Dogma is another good one in the Kevin Smith series.

I also loved Drop Dead Gorgeous. It was so funny, and I was surprised I'd never heard of it before.

Meet the Parents...I originally didn't want to see that movie. My friends dragged me into it, and now I love it!

Fight Club surprised me because it's not my type of movie. I enjoyed it though even if it disturbed me so much that I had wacked out dreams.
    Who shot who in the what now?

I was kinda surprised by "The Ring". I like a good scare now and then, and I had a bunch of people say that this movie was legitimately frightening. Unfortunately, I think I let their praise raise my expectations too high, and I ended up falling asleep during it.

I was also surprised by "Buffalo '66", which I mentioned in some other thread on here. I only saw it because it was shot in my hometown, but by the end of the movie I had completely forgotten that fact, because the plot itself was so bizarre (in a great way) that I was too caught up to say "Hey, I've been to that bowling alley/gas station/what-have-you."

One Hour Photo surprised me, because I thought it was just going to be an excuse to showcase someone disturbed for the sake of shock-value, but instead it was quite thoughtful, and the end was a surprise to me
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Originally posted by dobolina
    "Defending Your Life". I had never even heard of it before I saw it on HBO or one of the movie channels. It is one of my favorites now. A great romantic comedy.
    Great movie dobolina!

Another one that I like that no one I have ever talked to has ever heard about unless it was from me is "I Like it Like That". I guess it would be classified as a dramatic comedy. It takes place in the Bronx and has some zany characters. Written and/or directed (can't exactly remember) by a first time filmmaker.

I watched Ice Age this morning, and I really liked it! I don't know if I necessarily thought that it'd suck, but I wasn't expecting to like it so much.

LoneStarSpur, here is your underrated thread...

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna
    LoneStarSpur, here is your underrated thread...
    Thanks! I guess I could have used that handy dandy search function I've read so much about.

"Streets of Fire" with Micheal Pare, Diane Lane and Willem Defoe in his first role.

A really cool "rock and roll fable" that my wife and I saw on TBS one Sunday after noon many years ago. We were blown away by it. A very cool movie that's now in both our top 10. We watch the DVD a couple of times a year.

Here's a couple more:

Fearless
    Breakdown
    The Vanishing
    Oxygen

-Randy (thanks Mantenna! - I like movies LOL)
    Last edited by LoneStarSpur; 11-05-2003 at 03:38 PM.

Playing By Heart. I love that movie, and so do most of the people I know who have seen it, which unfortunately isn't many. Great film, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast