+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Transformers: The Last Knight

Transformers: The Last Knight

per Google:

PG-13 2017 ‧ Science fiction film/Thriller ‧ 3h 9m (incorrect the running time is 149 minutes or 2h 29m)

Humans are at war with the Transformers, and Optimus Prime is gone. The key to saving the future lies buried in the secrets of the past and the hidden history of Transformers on Earth. Now, it's up to the unlikely alliance of inventor Cade Yeager, Bumblebee, an English lord and an Oxford professor to save the world.
    Release date: June 20, 2017 (USA)

Director: Michael Bay
    Screenplay: Ken Nolan, Art Marcum, Matthew Hollaway
    Production companies: Paramount Pictures, Hasbro Studios, Di Bonaventura Pictures
    Producers: Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Tom DeSanto, Don Murphy, Ian Bryce
    Listening to Anthony Hopkins narrate the centuries old history of mankind and Transformers and put on a new twist to history is fascinating and carries you through most of the first two hours of the film. I do think the film is a tad long and the audience does need a break from the action packed adrenaline rush this franchise tends to be. I thought if they had cut about 5 or 10 minutes from the initial fight scenes between Transformers and the TRF and the various chase scenes then the final push where all the fighting forces are traveling to Cybertron would not have felt way too long and I was losing focus. Overall I liked the concept of Transformers and humans working together over history. I luv'ed how they tied in the Transformers with King Arthur's legend. The humorous quips and set ups were good and spread out through out the film. I do think they need to lose the overdone BumbleBee doesn't have a voice as that has been going on way too long.

Observations:

Anthony Hopkins character and narration make the film.

Michael Bay has a type and casts a British female professor who looks remarkably like Megan Fox

The opening scene is kinda stupid
    Click to see Spoiler:
    and it makes no sense for the girl to rescue the boys as they really were in no danger and as a direct cause of her intervention her Transformer friend Canopy is destroyed.
    This entire scene could have been handled better, it was lazy and stupid writing in my opinion.

Overall it was a fun film and I enjoyed it and they set it up for another sequel. If you understand what type of genre this film is before you go you will enjoy it.
    No goat killers on my island.

Fort Member
    where its beautiful one day perfect the next

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight

I don't know what we were thinking, it was a Sunday afternoon and it was the only movie that was starting soon when we got to the cinema, we did hesitate but as we had seen all the other Transformer movies we thought, why not it was billed as the last one so lets go for it , we had not liked the last 3 surely this could not be any worse
    It wasn't worse but it was bad, very bad and very stupid and made no sense at all It was soooo long and drawn like one of Megatron speeches, just going on and on, yep great big waste of money and as it turns out NOT THE LAST one
    Someone, please tell Michael Bay enough is enough and I want my money back
    Happiness is an unexpected piece of chocolate!

Re: Transformers: The Last Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda View Post
    I don't know what we were thinking, it was a Sunday afternoon and it was the only movie that was starting soon when we got to the cinema, we did hesitate but as we had seen all the other Transformer movies we thought, why not it was billed as the last one so lets go for it , we had not liked the last 3 surely this could not be any worse
    It wasn't worse but it was bad, very bad and very stupid and made no sense at all It was soooo long and drawn like one of Megatron speeches, just going on and on, yep great big waste of money and as it turns out NOT THE LAST one
    Someone, please tell Michael Bay enough is enough and I want my money back
    Yes, I do think it was misleading as I to thought it was the last on in the franchise series and I was surprised as the last scene indicating another movie. However, I do think the storyline was a refreshing twist on the history of humans and transformers and that was fun. I do agree that if you step back and look at the entire franchise and the world building they are attempting to do is very all over the place. The series starts as a straight forward, boy meets alien robot and see what happens type of story which worked well for the first 3 movies, with Shia LaBouef and Megan Fox departing I thought it was a vast improvement to bring in Mark Walberg as the new hero and loved what they did with that film, however the constant reinventing of the history of Cybertron and what they are doing on Earth is rather distracting and annoying. On the other hand this franchise does showcase military might rather well.
    No goat killers on my island.

+ Reply to Thread