+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman

Thought I would post as this movie is doing so well and the critics seem to like it and the fact that many said that it is hard for a woman to carry a picture and even harder for a female superhero to carry one.

per Google:

Wonder Woman
    PG-13 2017 ‧ Fantasy/Science fiction film ‧ 2h 21m

Before she was Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), she was Diana, princess of the Amazons, trained to be an unconquerable warrior. Raised on a sheltered island paradise, Diana meets an American pilot (Chris Pine) who tells her about the massive conflict that's raging in the outside world. Convinced that she can stop the threat, Diana leaves her home for the first time. Fighting alongside men in a war to end all wars, she finally discovers her full powers and true destiny.

Release date: June 2, 2017 (USA)
    Director: Patty Jenkins
    Budget: 149 million USD
    Music composed by: Rupert Gregson-Williams
    Production companies: Warner Bros., DC Entertainment Inc, More
    Last edited by Bearcata; 07-05-2017 at 02:45 PM.
    No goat killers on my island.

Re: Wonder Woman

Finally saw it. Even 6 weeks after it's release it is hard to get a ticket on Friday and Saturday night to see this film at my local theater. Glad to see it is still so popular. It is a very good origin story especially for a super hero and in particular for Wonder Woman as it was so important to get it right. I think this is a wonderful film to have young girls see, take your daughter, your niece, your granddaughter to see it, it is both an female empowerment story as well as morality tale, and a tale about the best and worst of humanity.
    No goat killers on my island.

+ Reply to Thread