+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Overrated movies...

Fade to black
    I think a lot of the older movies failure to appeal to me is the lack of visual asthetics. And well, some of the story lines are so contrite and forced. I think "most" of the writing is better today (more realistic) and the way film is presented to us is definitely more appealing than how it used to be (Of course this is no fault of the older movies, they worked with what they had, it just makes it hard for me to fall in love with those movies).
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

FORT Newbie
    It's A Wonderful Life

I am going out on a limb with this one because so many people seem to like it but I truly do not see all the hype-it is boring!!!
    Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but how we react to what happens; not by what life brings us, but by the attitude we bring to life

I was actually just thinking about that, tamaroo... I don't think I gave it much of a chance, though. I love all the TV shows that have a special episode based on this movie. They always seem to have a great moral, and I think they're hilarious. I'll have to watch that again soon.

Star Wars -- sorry! I have a feeling I'm gonna get bashed for that one.. but I thought I should mention it. I never really got into it, all that space stuff isn't really for me. I did enjoy The Matrix quite a bit though. Not that SW and TM are the same...
    Matthew 6:27
    Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Fade to black
    I like the old Star Wars movies, but have hated the new ones. I was a kid when the first ones came out though, and what kid wouldn't like Star Wars? Now, I'm not so much into Sci-Fi stuff and there are very few Sci-Fi movies I enjoy.

Oh all the Star Trek movies. Overrated.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Dances With Wolves.

Leaving Las Vegas
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Newbie
    Anything from Stanley Kubrick (except Dr. Strangelove; that one was really funny)
    But I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself, in order that I may finish my course, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God.--Acts 20:24

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    alot of you are going to hate me, but..... I just saw Lord of the rings....nice movie killed an evening ok, but not a great flick,.....sorry...``runs out the door``

p.s. just so you know, I really enjoy that genre of film too

Originally posted by joeguy
    alot of you are going to hate me, but..... I just saw Lord of the rings....nice movie killed an evening ok, but not a great flick,.....sorry...``runs out the door``

p.s. just so you know, I really enjoy that genre of film too

Well Joe, I dozed off in the middle. I liked it but.....I guess in the middle it kind of dragged for me.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

FORT Fogey
    Matrix did nothing for me because I had seen all the special effects on the hype shows.
    Leaving Las Vegas
    Eyes Wide Shut
    Citizen Kane ( for sure)
    that whole rosebud thing grrrrrrr but it is nice to know what it is for your basic answers to trivia quetions in games..lol

+ Reply to Thread