+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Overrated movies...

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Fatal Attraction and Basic Instinct both left me flat. The hype didn't live up to the movies. I've never seen Citizen Kane, no interest whatsoever. But I have to disagree about Casablanca. I loved it, but then I'm a big fan of Bogie.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

I think Tomorrow Never Dies is very overrated. A lot of people I know love that movie, but it didn't do much for me...and I'm a big James Bond fan! I also have to mention Moulin Rouge. I really tried to love it, but I was a little disappointed. I just couldn't get into it.

I disagree on quite a few of these (especially TKAM!!), but I do have to admit a high degree of boredom while attempting to watch La Dolce Vita.

Another one I thought was over rated & put me to sleep was Charlie's Angels & Tombraider (altho I LOVE the game Tombraider, I thought the movie was zzzzzzzzzzzz)

Citizen Kane is just a classic on it's own, it was quite big in its time but today, compared to what movies we're used to it doesn't hold up. However, I did like Citizen Kane, , I thought it was a good movie & was definitely kind of a flagship within the film industry for various reasons
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Citizen Kane wasn't a total disaster; I realize one has to remember when it was made before one is too critical. However, the part that makes it overrated for me is the fact that it is listed at number 1 on the AFI list.

Forrest Gump. I'm sorry, I just don't see it.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Regular
    The Matrix was really boring to me, and I could not break in to the Moulin Rouge thing...but A Beautiful Mind was great! I love the psychological stuff.

Originally posted by Paulie
    Oh, and I'm with you on Titanic, Hazy.

I have no clue why that movie did so well.

another one for me was Dances With Wolves, I thought it was just silly.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Originally posted by hazyshadeof
    I did the same exact thing. That's how Casablanca got on my list actually (after seeing it shown in soooooo many modern movies, I figured it would be the best thing ever... I just couldn't get into it, although I do like the "choice" that has to be made at the end)
    I saw Casablanca when I was 16 when it was reshown at a little dollar theater. I loved it. I still do. It may be that the only thing I know about it was the "Play it Sam" quote and the "of all the gin joints in all the world she walks into mine.". I had very few expectations and I just loved the movie (and ignored my date while watching it)
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Dracula with Wynona Ryder. It was visually interesting, but failed to pull me in.

+ Reply to Thread