+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Overrated movies...

Along with AFI Top 25 theme, how about Citizen Kane? I am truly amazed that it was listed at numero uno. Rosebud....

I've been disappointed with a lot of movies, but right now I can't think of too many!

Fade to black
    Originally posted by QuinntheEskimo
    i went thru a stage where thru Netflix we rented all of the AFI top 100 movies- these two stand out as being duds/disappointments!
    I did the same exact thing. That's how Casablanca got on my list actually (after seeing it shown in soooooo many modern movies, I figured it would be the best thing ever... I just couldn't get into it, although I do like the "choice" that has to be made at the end)
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Moulin Rouge for me - seems it was a 'love it/hate it' kinda movie because I meet people all the time who rave about it, and also people who hated it, like me!! I even left the movie before the end, which I NEVER do, since watching movies and reading are my two favourite things!!

I think it felt a little too 'try hard' for me - I'm a child of the Rocky Horror era, which was a small-time movie that rose to cult status - it seemed MR was trying to do something similar, but trying too hard IM (humble) O!!

Oh, Hazy, definitely agree on Titanic, Beautiful Mind and The English Patient (yawn!)
    "This above all: to thine own self be true." -William Shakespeare, Hamlet

Fade to black
    I'm one of those people who rave about and love MR. But it's all good.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

I'm one of those people too. High fives to ya, hazy!
    Who shot who in the what now?

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Hazy... someone from Auburn actually reads books (will refrain fron the famous Spurrier quote inserted here), and has gone thru the AFI classics??? Your farming school must be proud of you!!! lol

Fade to black
    I only went for a year Quinn. I transferred.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    damn... not that one smart guy can fix a school's stereotype... i'm actually a "damn yankee" and never really got the whole auburn- alabama thing until i went there...

i was only at Bama for 2 1/2 years for graduate school...

man, i just had another overrated movie from the AFI top 25 and it slips me now...

Fade to black
    It is a little overhyped. I moved to Alabama when I was 15 and couldn't believe how maniacal some people are about it. I do like to watch the games though, always good fun.

I vote for Citizen Kane ... it put me to sleep

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast