per Google

The Fate of the Furious
PG-13 2017 ‧ Crime film/Thriller ‧ 2h 40m

With Dom and Letty married, Brian and Mia retired and the rest of the crew exonerated, the globe-trotting team has found some semblance of a normal life. They soon face an unexpected challenge when a mysterious woman named Cipher forces Dom to betray them all. Now, they must unite to bring home the man who made them a family and stop Cipher from unleashing chaos.

Release date: April 14, 2017 (USA)
Director: F. Gary Gray
Music composed by: Brian Tyler
Producers: Vin Diesel, Neal H. Moritz, Michael Fottrell
I wonder if the franchise owners are plotting several movies ahead as this one tied up a lot of lose ends and overall pushed the plot. It is very unusual to have a female Big Bad and Charlize Theron does a great job as Cipher although her motivation sounds kinda weak. I do like that the opening scenes are in Havana and can see the beauty that this city once was and hopefully with an infusion of the US tourist dollar become again. I do like that the movie is very global in their locations. Luv'ed seeing the Rock and Statham in prison together. There were fine comic moments in the film and everyone knows how to play off each other. I was not quiet sure if Decker's mom (Helen Mirren) was supposed to be some kind of mob head, that was confusing. Mirren plays many classy ladies that her character seemed a bit of a disconnect, but it was fun to see Statham and Mirren play mother and son. At times the stunts can be overwhelming to the point they overshadow the movies plot points and that can be a dangerous thing, it needs to be a fine balance with plot and character development edging out stunts. I must say the stunts are fabulous and touch on a very scary point about hackers being able to take control of your car. Altogether the movie is one big explosion of noise and non stop action that can overload your brain a bit and you need some white noise and a quiet space afterwards to relax and calm down.