+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Moana

Moana

per Google:

Moana

PG 2016 ‧ Fantasy/Action ‧ 1h 53m

A sweeping, CG-animated adventure about a spirited teenager who sails out on a daring mission to prove herself a master wayfinder and fulfill her ancestors' unfinished quest. During her journey, Moana meets the once-mighty demi-god Maui, and together, they traverse the open ocean on an action-packed voyage, encountering enormous fiery creatures and impossible odds.
    Release date: November 23, 2016 (USA)
    Absolutely luv'ed this film. Definitely A+

When Disney gets it right it can be phenomenal.

I am not a Disney Princess fan and don't get the hype over Frozen. I thought the best Disney Princess film I had seen to date was Tangled. Moana is now in first place. I like that it opens up another culture. I luv that it is about a young girl who finds herself, understands who she is and manages to save her people and thankfully there is no luv interest to spoil her journey, it is not needed. One reason I am not a fan of Disney Princesses is that there is too much singing, I have to say that there was just enough and not too much in this film. They didn't over do the kooky animal sidekick too much. And they introduced the possibility of learning to sail to an entire generation of kids and maybe learning how to navigate by the stars, how cool is that. Grandma was a great character and I liked how important she was to both her son and granddaughter, and thanks to bringing back the scary fairytale to young children. Dwayne Johnson was perfect as Maui.
    No goat killers on my island.

Re: Moana

I reluctantly went to see Moana with my Kids and I am a big Disney person but I wasn't looking forward to seeing this Movie. But It was so great and we listen to the sound track all the time. I really hope Lin wins an Oscar for How Far we'll go.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Moana

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    per Google:

Absolutely luv'ed this film. Definitely A+

When Disney gets it right it can be phenomenal.

I am not a Disney Princess fan and don't get the hype over Frozen. I thought the best Disney Princess film I had seen to date was Tangled. Moana is now in first place. I like that it opens up another culture. I luv that it is about a young girl who finds herself, understands who she is and manages to save her people and thankfully there is no luv interest to spoil her journey, it is not needed. One reason I am not a fan of Disney Princesses is that there is too much singing, I have to say that there was just enough and not too much in this film. They didn't over do the kooky animal sidekick too much. And they introduced the possibility of learning to sail to an entire generation of kids and maybe learning how to navigate by the stars, how cool is that. Grandma was a great character and I liked how important she was to both her son and granddaughter, and thanks to bringing back the scary fairytale to young children. Dwayne Johnson was perfect as Maui.
    Haven't seen it but a h.s. classmate of mine works for Disney as a re-recording mixer. He worked on this film and from what I understand it's up for 2 Academy Awards.

+ Reply to Thread