+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: 9/15 FINALE show discussion *spoilers*

Re: 9/15 FINALE show discussion *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3704021;
    The only reality dating show with follow-up on network TV is Bach/ette. (I don't have cable so I can't speak for the cable networks.) Think back to Joe Millionaire, Average Joe, and that other show where the guy was in his 20s and some of the women were over 40. Those people just disappeared into the woodwork, so to speak, after the shows were over.

Fleiss & Co. would need to know that fans are invested in this show and then maybe we would get some follow-up. How to do that is beyond me.
    Outback Jack had a wedding follow up and they had a second child a couple of years ago.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I sent Tali a congratulations note on facebook. She looked so lovely last night, how could Luke have resisted her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Locarber;3704027;
    Right...I thought they would be on some talk shows today..

To me, this seemed like a lower budget Bachelor than the normal one.
    I'm sure it was. Most of the dates, other than going to Hawai'i were in and around the mansion. They even re-cycled the music!!

But it was an enjoyable journey. Good luck to Luke and Tali.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3704012;
    ..............ETA It would make sense that they are referring to where she lives, before the show. I'm sure they weren't able to make any living arrangement plans until after the finale.
    Excellent point!! We're all so anxious to get an update we forgot the obvious.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3704036;
    Outback Jack had a wedding follow up and they had a second child a couple of years ago.

Never heard of it. Must be a cable show. Don't have cable, a dish, etc. Just plain old network TV.

FORT Newbie

Regarding follow up, it seems that Tali has her aunt maintaining her Facebook. Some posts there have been signed "auntie". An hour ago she posted an update saying "they" were overwhelmed with replies and they are going to post about what is going on now. Prior to this (before the finale), the aunt had cryptically conveyed that she was in this for the long haul. Based on their mysterious posts, it sounds to me like Luke and Tali are still together, but we'll find out what is up soon enough I am sure.

On the Colorado, I recall having seen that Colorado was her "home town" on a network site, and New York her current residence. Maybe she was born in Colorado and her family moved to Israel when she was a baby? Or perhaps Colorado is where her aunt lives, so that's her family base in the US.

FORT Newbie

Can you post a link to her facebook page? I wasn't able to find her.

I am thrilled about the outcome of this show. From the first episode I could see Tali had a quiet strength about her that was very appealing. It was very hard to believe that she was the same age as Malissa. High-Maintenance Malissa wanted to win, wanted the ring, wanted the headlines and the morning show circuit, and then she knew she could do the break-up-and-keep-the-ring thing. You could tell Tali was completely different.

Luke is confident in who he is. 90% of the women on that show were not the least bit confident about themselves, and I'm sure that the constant reassuring of his partner that "Yes, you ARE beautiful" would have annoyed him after awhile. Tali is condident, secure, and was the only one that will be able to share an equal relationship with Luke. You could tell they were totally crazy about each other. I really hope that this relationship is a success.

Last night, I had tuned in at 9PM thinking it started at the same time. And discovered that it had started at 8PM. I was happy for Tali last night and I think she is the brighter and more determined one of the last two. But today I decided to try to listen to the show from the beginning to see what I missed.

I was struck at how determined Luke's mother was in not liking Malissa. Malissa was really trying. We know Luke's family on his father's side loved Malissa and was not too keen about Tali (probably because of religion). Luke does remind me of his mother though; but I think he has some rigid views about bringing up children which Faith his mother alluded to might be a problem.

Faith was keen on Tali from the beginning and for some reason really made Malissa nervous; when Malissa was trying to impress. Was Malissa only in it for the win; I honestly did not think so by the end.

Was Tali just in it for her career; you know it wasn't until her speeches with Luke's mother which I had not seen until tonight that I had the a ha moment and thought maybe we have this all wrong and it is really in reverse. Tali's explanation sounded like a "script"; the very first time that I had ever felt that way about her. I think that with Luke's rigidness about women which I do not think he gets from Faith; he might have worked out better with Malissa. I think Malissa was the match in retrospect. I think Luke was swayed by Mom.

Who do I like better if I were in his shoes; probably Tali who he ultimately chose; but I do not think they are going to blend about children and how they are raised no matter what he said on the show. I also think she is most ambitious; whereas Malissa is not so much; which might have fit in with Luke's lifestyle. I think Malissa had that quirky sarcasm which probably can be misunderstood and I liked her better when she described growing up without a mother and actually having to do the lions share in bringing up her sisters. Probably that is why she wanted a break from babysitting. I do not think it helped Malissa when she dusted Luke at a game of pool. He does not like taking a back seat in anything. I think that is what did in Anna (bowling).

We will see. But my perspective changed overnight after watching that first hour today. It was quite an eye opener.

Bentley

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by missymess;3704099;
    Can you post a link to her facebook page? I wasn't able to find her.
    Hi missymess, since I am new I can't post active URLs, but I'll try tweaking it and you can fill in the dots:

www facebook com/pages/Tali-More-to-Love/247166500253

+ Reply to Thread