+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 456

Thread: 9/15 FINALE show discussion *spoilers*

  1. #361
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,046

    Re: 9/15 FINALE show discussion *spoilers*

    Speaking of how things looked--I got kind of spooked--as Tali fan--when I saw te background and settting they gave to Malissa versus was Tali got for their dinners with Luke.

    Malissa's bakground was lush purple and magenta flowers and lots of lights--while Tali's background in the restaurant was a pair of plain brown louvered shutters.

    When I saw rhe contrast between the richly floral background for Malissa versus the very plain everyday background for Tali's dinner with Luke I started to get worried that it was a hint he'd chosen Malissa.

    Yet another "sublminal" attempt by the show to mislead the viewers.

    And --yes--I join everyone else in wanting some sort of update on Luke and Tali!

  2. #362
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    53
    Posts
    6,910

    Re: 9/15 FINALE show discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3703780;
    Malissa's bakground was lush purple and magenta flowers and lots of lights--while Tali's background in the restaurant was a pair of plain brown louvered shutters.

    When I saw rhe contrast between the richly floral background for Malissa versus the very plain everyday background for Tali's dinner with Luke I started to get worried that it was a hint he'd chosen Malissa.

    Yet another "sublminal" attempt by the show to mislead the viewers.
    I'm more inclined to think of it as tacky vs. classic, sort of like Malissa vs. Tali.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  3. #363
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Among the flowers
    Posts
    1,403

    Re: 9/15 FINALE show discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3703773;
    Thanks for saying that! I couldn't help but think during that whole thing that Grandma was made to look a lot older than she really was. It also raised suspicions about the kind of religious atmosphere of the family. She seemed very "old-fashioned" and repressed in how she was dressed--like a nice Amish-style lady they just brought in from the farm.......
    Don't get me wrong--I too thought she was adorable. She just seemed to have wandered in from another century, considering all the emphasis these shows put on how people look and dress.
    There was absolutely no emphasis on how Luke's dad, brother and grandma looked. They were totally themselves, and that was the point. They had a certain mindset and nothing was going to sway them from their preconceived notions. Grandma was a sketch; couldn't tell if she was wearing a wig or what. I don't think she was made to look older; Luke's dad is no spring chicken. Altogether rural folks, which is not a disparaging remark. They are who they are and were shown as such. JMO.

    His mother -- that is a whole other story. Fabulous woman with lots of smarts.

  4. #364
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Among the flowers
    Posts
    1,403

    Re: 9/15 FINALE show discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3703790;
    I'm more inclined to think of it as tacky vs. classic, sort of like Malissa vs. Tali.
    I was not fooled -- in fact I really didn't take notice of the backgrounds. Luke was totally into Tali. It was written all over his face, especially in his eyes.

  5. #365
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,046

    Re: 9/15 FINALE show discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3703799;
    I was not fooled -- in fact I really didn't take notice of the backgrounds. Luke was totally into Tali. It was written all over his face, especially in his eyes.
    Columbia--hi. I did have my doubts after seeing the stark contrast between those two background settings for their last dinners with Luke.

    But I too saw that look in his eyes.

    What impressed me the most was how quiet he got when Tali told him she loved him. And--IMO--when he stopped that inane babbling they seem to have encouraged him to do during the entire show--that was when his own feelings came out in his gestures and in the way he looked at her.
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 09-16-2009 at 01:43 PM.

  6. #366
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3

    Re: 9/15 FINALE show discussion *spoilers*

    Here's some news from what looks to be an Israeli paper. It says Tali is currently living in Colorado ?!? and has a quick quote from her family

    Agrh! I can't post links yet. Google Ynetnews and "Israeli woman wins US reality show"

  7. #367
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    121

    Re: 9/15 FINALE show discussion *spoilers*

    I'm gonna have to admit. I liked Tali, but wasn't really cozying up to her until later in the show. She seemed so genuine yet so vulnerable.

  8. #368
    FORT Fogey GuardianAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: 9/15 FINALE show discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by ladyfish;3703803;
    Here's some news from what looks to be an Israeli paper. It says Tali is currently living in Colorado ?!? and has a quick quote from her family

    Agrh! I can't post links yet. Google Ynetnews and "Israeli woman wins US reality show"
    Israeli woman wins US reality show - Israel Culture, Ynetnews

    I don't see where it refers to them living in Colorado? Is it in the same link somewhere?

  9. #369
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    29

    Re: 9/15 FINALE show discussion *spoilers*

    Just read an article on Seacoast Online - Portsmouth NH, York ME, Hampton NH, Exeter NH, and Kennebunk ME Guide that says that she is based out of New York but her official home is Aurora Colorado.

  10. #370
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    53
    Posts
    6,910

    Re: 9/15 FINALE show discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by missymess;3703851;
    Just read an article on Seacoast Online - Portsmouth NH, York ME, Hampton NH, Exeter NH, and Kennebunk ME Guide that says that she is based out of New York but her official home is Aurora Colorado.
    If I recall correctly, that is where her aunt and uncle live. Presumably she initially settled in with them when she moved to the States.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.