+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: 9/15 FINALE show discussion *spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/15 FINALE show discussion *spoilers*

Speaking of how things looked--I got kind of spooked--as Tali fan--when I saw te background and settting they gave to Malissa versus was Tali got for their dinners with Luke.

Malissa's bakground was lush purple and magenta flowers and lots of lights--while Tali's background in the restaurant was a pair of plain brown louvered shutters.

When I saw rhe contrast between the richly floral background for Malissa versus the very plain everyday background for Tali's dinner with Luke I started to get worried that it was a hint he'd chosen Malissa.

Yet another "sublminal" attempt by the show to mislead the viewers.

And --yes--I join everyone else in wanting some sort of update on Luke and Tali!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3703780;
    Malissa's bakground was lush purple and magenta flowers and lots of lights--while Tali's background in the restaurant was a pair of plain brown louvered shutters.

When I saw rhe contrast between the richly floral background for Malissa versus the very plain everyday background for Tali's dinner with Luke I started to get worried that it was a hint he'd chosen Malissa.

Yet another "sublminal" attempt by the show to mislead the viewers.
    I'm more inclined to think of it as tacky vs. classic, sort of like Malissa vs. Tali.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3703773;
    Thanks for saying that! I couldn't help but think during that whole thing that Grandma was made to look a lot older than she really was. It also raised suspicions about the kind of religious atmosphere of the family. She seemed very "old-fashioned" and repressed in how she was dressed--like a nice Amish-style lady they just brought in from the farm.......
    Don't get me wrong--I too thought she was adorable. She just seemed to have wandered in from another century, considering all the emphasis these shows put on how people look and dress.
    There was absolutely no emphasis on how Luke's dad, brother and grandma looked. They were totally themselves, and that was the point. They had a certain mindset and nothing was going to sway them from their preconceived notions. Grandma was a sketch; couldn't tell if she was wearing a wig or what. I don't think she was made to look older; Luke's dad is no spring chicken. Altogether rural folks, which is not a disparaging remark. They are who they are and were shown as such. JMO.

His mother -- that is a whole other story. Fabulous woman with lots of smarts.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3703790;
    I'm more inclined to think of it as tacky vs. classic, sort of like Malissa vs. Tali.
    I was not fooled -- in fact I really didn't take notice of the backgrounds. Luke was totally into Tali. It was written all over his face, especially in his eyes.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3703799;
    I was not fooled -- in fact I really didn't take notice of the backgrounds. Luke was totally into Tali. It was written all over his face, especially in his eyes.
    Columbia--hi. I did have my doubts after seeing the stark contrast between those two background settings for their last dinners with Luke.

But I too saw that look in his eyes.

What impressed me the most was how quiet he got when Tali told him she loved him. And--IMO--when he stopped that inane babbling they seem to have encouraged him to do during the entire show--that was when his own feelings came out in his gestures and in the way he looked at her.
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 09-16-2009 at 01:43 PM.

FORT Newbie

Here's some news from what looks to be an Israeli paper. It says Tali is currently living in Colorado ?!? and has a quick quote from her family

Agrh! I can't post links yet. Google Ynetnews and "Israeli woman wins US reality show"

FORT Regular

I'm gonna have to admit. I liked Tali, but wasn't really cozying up to her until later in the show. She seemed so genuine yet so vulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyfish;3703803;
    Here's some news from what looks to be an Israeli paper. It says Tali is currently living in Colorado ?!? and has a quick quote from her family

Agrh! I can't post links yet. Google Ynetnews and "Israeli woman wins US reality show"
    Israeli woman wins US reality show - Israel Culture, Ynetnews

I don't see where it refers to them living in Colorado? Is it in the same link somewhere?

FORT Newbie

Just read an article on Seacoast Online - Portsmouth NH, York ME, Hampton NH, Exeter NH, and Kennebunk ME Guide that says that she is based out of New York but her official home is Aurora Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by missymess;3703851;
    Just read an article on Seacoast Online - Portsmouth NH, York ME, Hampton NH, Exeter NH, and Kennebunk ME Guide that says that she is based out of New York but her official home is Aurora Colorado.
    If I recall correctly, that is where her aunt and uncle live. Presumably she initially settled in with them when she moved to the States.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread