+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/15 FINALE show discussion *spoilers*

Re: 9/15 FINALE show discussion *spoilers*

Me, too. I've been searching for articles or news about this couple.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Regular

I felt like Luke slipped when they were at the dinner when he said I love you to Tali . . . it seemed like he was kind of swept up by the moment because typically no such admissions are allowed. I wondered if TPTB then required him to express a similar emotional to Malissa to keep up the drama. That whole thing seemed kind of odd with him splitting hairs about "love" versus "in love." I felt like there was a love story there though with Tali in terms of some honest emotion, at least on her part, that was palpable. The ending actually came across better than the nutty ending with Jesse the snowboarder, Jason jumping in the pool with Melissa, or the horrifying slapdash ending Chris Harrison suggested to Jillian. I couldn't help but wish that Fleiss would see that we really want the love story, not all of his theatrics, but I know that's a lost cause.

FORT Regular

Did anyone else thing that Grandma looked like Whistler's mother? I couldn't figure out it she had a hairnet on or what was going on, but she was sweet.

The meet the parents dinner with Luke, Luke's dad & Co., and Malissa was really Fleissed and diced.

During the last date Luke and Malissa had, the disappointment on Luke's face when Malissa was rambling was so noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by figuresitout;3703685;
    I felt like Luke slipped when they were at the dinner when he said I love you to Tali . . . it seemed like he was kind of swept up by the moment because typically no such admissions are allowed. I wondered if TPTB then required him to express a similar emotional to Malissa to keep up the drama. That whole thing seemed kind of odd with him splitting hairs about "love" versus "in love." I felt like there was a love story there though with Tali in terms of some honest emotion, at least on her part, that was palpable. The ending actually came across better than the nutty ending with Jesse the snowboarder, Jason jumping in the pool with Melissa, or the horrifying slapdash ending Chris Harrison suggested to Jillian. I couldn't help but wish that Fleiss would see that we really want the love story, not all of his theatrics, but I know that's a lost cause.
    I agree. I was thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by figuresitout;3703686;
    Did anyone else thing that Grandma looked like Whistler's mother? I couldn't figure out it she had a hairnet on or what was going on, but she was sweet.
    I thought his grandma was adorable!

FORT Fogey

I knew Malissa was "toast" when Luke was sitting and talking to his mother after she had conversations with both ladies. It was written all over her face, and it was justification to Luke to know he had made the right choice, which I believe he had already decided on.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I'm just dying for an update. Sure, we got the climax of the season insofar as the proposal... but... having NO CLUE what has happened since that time is just downright mean to do to the audience. People invest and then want some kind of closure. It's almost as if the proposal is the beginning of the story, not the end. And with no reunion show or no "after More To Love" show, TPTB have treated the viewers so poorly

Yay Luke and Tali

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by figuresitout;3703686;
    Thanks for saying that! I couldn't help but think during that whole thing that Grandma was made to look a lot older than she really was. It also raised suspicions about the kind of religious atmosphere of the family. She seemed very "old-fashioned" and repressed in how she was dressed--like a nice Amish-style lady they just brought in from the farm.

I grew up not far from farm country/Amish country and she really had that kind of "look."

Don't get me wrong--I too thought she was adorable. She just seemed to have wandered in from another century, considering all the emphasis these shows put on how people look and dress.

FORT Regular

I'm gonna have to say this is one of the most unsusal reality shows I've ever seen!! But all in all it was pretty good. All accept the weekly weepfest!!

+ Reply to Thread