+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/15 FINALE show discussion *spoilers*

Re: 9/15 FINALE show discussion *spoilers*

Here is the link to zap2it.com

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3703138;
    Here is the link to zap2it.com
    Thanks atem, you are a sweetie I only just learned how to put picture on here recently.
    It's got to be love.

Just finished watching the finale from begining to end. I'll go back and ready your comments later. Here are my observations.

First, congratulations Tali and Luke. I hope it works for you both.

Lukes father, brother and Grandma were genuine and nice people but Dad was very closed minded and it seemed to me maybe he is the driver of faith in Lukes family. Usually Mom does that (not always though).

His mother is a very pretty woman. And it's obvious they are very close. Malissa's hopes came to an end IMO when Luke saw the girls interfacing with his Mom. They could of gone directly to the RC and had it over right then.
    The look on Lukes face was worth 10,000 words.

Malissa never really opened up like Tali did. She seemed so sure of the outcome that she didn't feel she had to (big mistake).

Luke why would you tell both women you love them? The one you choose will watch this show and you will be explaining that forever if you are lucky enough for this to last beyond next week.

The HD on my TV was really working tonight. When it came to the ending you could see every mark on Malissa's face. The lighting for her was horrible. Not only did her dress look odd but she didn't look as good as usual. Did anyone notice as I did that the scare she has on the right side of her face was on the left tonight as Luke was sending her off. Well she either has one on each side or they flipped those shots. Farewell Mal-lissa. You won't be missed like the others.

Finally Tali could not have looked better. Luke's proposal was a bit lame but she said yes so who am I to complain. They looked very happy together at the end.

Now I'm off to read. Thanks all for the great season.
    Last edited by eowenc; 09-15-2009 at 11:50 PM.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Let me add two other things. How about all that familiar music from the Bachelor shows? And in the end the edit of the show really didn't explain the love story. The two hour format for the finale showed how much better you can tell a story when you have time. Each of the other episodes fell short of explaining completely the full story. This type of show needs at least 1.5 hours per episode IMO.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

They should fire that hairdresser! I thought both girls' hair looked horrible after he was done. I am happy Tali had the good sense to put hers back down.
    Tali looked gorgeous. I would love an update on them. Cynic that I am, my guess is they will never make it to the altar, but it would be nice if I were wrong.

I love the music they play during the proposal. I have often wondered what song that is....or is it something written for ABC?
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Lurking quietly since '03 Dyanne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3703214;
    Did anyone notice as I did that the scar she has on the right side of her face was on the left tonight as Luke was sending her off. Well she either has one on each side or they flipped those shots. Farewell Mal-lissa.
    I thought I was the only one who could see it! And yes, it was reversed. My husband and I were all like, "What?! TWO of them?!" Then we realized the images were flipped. (I think though, that it was usually on the left side and was flipped to the right tonight.)

BTW, Angelwings asked about the scar once and no one responded. Either no one knows what it's from -- how could that be?! -- or the people who know are hiding it.

I just asked about it on Malissa's thread, but I think that thread is near its end. If anyone out there knows, PLEASE TELL ME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3703287;
    They should fire that hairdresser! I thought both girls' hair looked horrible after he was done. I am happy Tali had the good sense to put hers back down.
    Tali looked gorgeous. I would love an update on them. Cynic that I am, my guess is they will never make it to the altar, but it would be nice if I were wrong.

I love the music they play during the proposal. I have often wondered what song that is....or is it something written for ABC?
    Ha! I missed how Tali's hair was done! Hey, Tali said that she was 'stubborn'...hee!

I don't recall the song, so I can't help there.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3702190;
    Luke's dad seemed like he had one too many beers ;-)
    At first I too thought they were drinking beer--but the more I looked I realized they were all drinking root beer. (I'm big root beer fan myself and the foam on top of rootbeer has a very distinctive quality that beer does not have. Other opinions may vary.) IMO this is a reflection of their religion--whatever form it is I suspect they are not supposed to drink alcohol.

Also IMO Luke's dad's behavior was borderline rude to Tali. For example he could have said the very same grace before their meal with the very same intention but without the specific reference to "Jesus." Doing so just showed me that he didn't mind throwing the religious issue right in her face.

I thought she was very polite and very levelheaded under those circumstances.

And when they started talking about children and how they would be raised by Tali/Luke re religion, his dad folded his arms firmly over his chest--the classic body language for trying to ward off and protect oneself against an idea or person.

I was thrilled when Luke's mom arrived and appeared to be much more down to earth and much more interested in her son's future happiness than the dad was.

Bottom line--I am very happy with the idea of Luke and Tali's being together. Whether they will actually end up together is anybody's guess. But I am so glad that they are giving themselves that chance to be happy together.

And I'll never forget Tali's answer to Luke when he asked her about the New York/LA situation and their careers.

She said--"There is always a way."

Good life motto IMO.

I'm proud of Luke for choosing Tali and I'm sure his mom is proud too! Woot!

Well, whoopee! I guessed right. I kept going back and forth all night on thinking he might pick Malissa over Tali. I think he made the right choice. I was surprised that I did feel sorry for Malissa, but I'm still not convinced she was totally into him. Off to go back to post #1 and real all your comments.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

+ Reply to Thread