+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 9/8 show discussion *spoilers*

Re: 9/8 show discussion *spoilers*

I thought they were closeing this thread down an hour ago but here I am. I have to leave early this morning but lost track of time. Nearly a sleepless night ahead. Figure it out for me this week. I'll be back late Monday night and read about it. See you all Tuesday PM for the Finale. Peace and Love!
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

To avoid serial posting, I'll do a massive single one, lol.

canadian_angel:
    Those were some interesting kissing... and more.. noises. Are kisses normally that slurpy sounding??!
    I KNOW! Ewwww Did anyone else feel the need to get up and brush your teeth as I did? Ewwww

Chacharo
    Luke wiping his forehead. Goodbye Mandy. Wow.
    Yuk on the sweating --and not just at the RC. Did you see all the sweat spots on his t-shirt on the date with Malissa? You'd think the stylist or Luke himself would have had the sense to wear something that wouldn't show moisture so much. Yuk.

ButterflyFaery
    I honestly don't know what to think now...even though I love Tali...I really thought Mandy was the best match for him
    After watching all three dates, I really thought he was going to call Mandy's name after Tali's. Wow.

Tin Frizzy
    It shows each lady visiting with the family. Mom later goes to see both girls and she says she can tell when someone is just playing a game. Showed alot of SC's including both with dr esses walking towards Luke.
    I liked his mom. She seemed pretty no-nonsense. Hope she can see through Malissa's b.s.

beeleever
    And another thing that has me going arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh is they made it look like Luke's mother liked Tali better, telling her that she can see Tali in their family. When Luke asked his mother about Malissa, they showed the mother not responding.

Also, when Luke's mother asked why they came on the show, Malissa said she did it on a whim. Now we can almost bet for sure after that comment Malissa told his mother that she fell in love unexpectedly, but that is not what was shown. It seems to me like they were casting doubts on both women, but showed Tali in a more favorable light with his mother, who can see right through people. They usually try to make it look one way when it is the opposite. That has me going arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cuz I really think Tali has so much more to offer from what we have been shown....
    I also thought they were leading us to believe Luke's mom prefers Tali. I came to the same conclusion...they did it on purpose for a reason, and that reason can't be "the truth," right? Right.

LethalLee
    Is Malissa wearing purple at finale? Because if you look at the underside of the F1's left arm, its purple from a reflection off the dress. I think its actually Malissa guys.
    Yipes. Well, they deserve each other if other if so. I haven't seen that either one has the substance to help the other grow as a person. I could see it with Tali perhaps. She seems to be more of a "whole" person.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Folks, let's keep the sleuthing out of this thread. We have a thread set up for screencaps and spoilers, so feel free to sleuth away in that thread. Some of our members prefer to be surprised and watch the action as it happens, so the only spoilers in the show discussion thread should pertain to the current episode.

Thanks!

I was a few minutes late getting the other threads open after tonight's episode, so that was my bad.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

After seeing the dates tonight, I really thought he was going to send Malissa home. I guess that was just wishful thinking on my part. I thought Mandy really cared about him the most, then Tali and then cold fish Malissa. Tali & Mandy are so much more attractive than Malissa, I don't get it. It must be luvvvvv!

I didn't find the slurping and sweating one bit romantic tonight. I'm just glad it's them and not me.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3695831;
    After seeing the dates tonight, I really thought he was going to send Malissa home. I guess that was just wishful thinking on my part. I thought Mandy really cared about him the most, then Tali and then cold fish Malissa. Tali & Mandy are so much more attractive than Malissa, I don't get it. It must be luvvvvv!

I didn't find the slurping and sweating one bit romantic tonight. I'm just glad it's them and not me.
    I'm glad it's not you, too, n4592. I'd be very worried for you...
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

FORT Fogey

Malissa- The transparent editing is pathetic! I believe she is the victor for many reasons and editing is on the top of my list. They chopped her date to only include her evasive answers and cool presence. They showed his mom liking Tali. But the biggest reason he will choose her is that he is smitten and being insecure about his weight in front of her says a lot! He is vulnerable. We have seen repeatedly that the contestant who holds back and presents a chase is favored. She is secure and confident in her own skin. That is a huge factor in love.

Tali- There are way too many red flags with her family/culture. Her uncle queered the deal when he told Luke how difficult it was not to be accepted into the family after marrying her aunt. Why walk into that?

But no real love abounds here. They will not make it very far. They could be over already.

Quote Originally Posted by dallas_viewer;3695167;
    I only saw his 1st date (with Boobzilla) and the RC. Based on your comments, guys, does this mean that Mandy probably slept with him and then he dumped her? It would explain why he felt uncomfortable (guilty?) about not giving her a ring.

Also, I realize that it's hard to find clothes with a perfect fit when you're so busty, but seriously, do Malissa's boobs have to be half exposed in every freakin' outfit? Couldn't she put a bit of lace or something in there once in a while? I think the fact that she exposes them at every opportunity with Luke shows that she knows full well what she's doing and that she's definitely in it to win it (though maybe not for love).
    It also could show that she is not self conscious about her body - not wanting to cover it up with long flowing nightgown type dresses. I think- personally - it's a little much - but it is quite different from Tali. Tali looked great on her date with Luke in that black fitted dress with the ruffles - so much better than her usual long gowns or her short full skirted dresses.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Frizzy;3695420;
    "]

It will probally be a thumbnail and hope I don't get in trouble. SC thread is closed.

Responding to post 204 on this thread. This has to be photoshopped or something. Catch the purple shade on Luke's jacket. I can't imagine him in such an outfit!! Thoughts, anyone??

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3695959;
    Responding to post 204 on this thread. This has to be photoshopped or something. Catch the purple shade on Luke's jacket. I can't imagine him in such an outfit!! Thoughts, anyone??
    oh lord i didnt notice that til you pointed it out! Geez he's gonna look like the Joker if he wears that thing.

Well im still scratching my head about last nite. IDK, from the SC it kinda looks like Malissa is the one he picks.....gosh i hope not though, im gonna throw my tv out the window if that happens!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3695959;
    That totally jumped out at me. No way no how is Luke wearing a PURPLE suit jacket.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread