+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 213

Thread: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

  1. #201
    Gone Fishin' eowenc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,243

    Re: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3691710;
    Along those lines--I get startled every time they show Mandy and describe her as " a fitness trainer."

    I just don't see her as an example of someone who is "fit"--which IMO is the number one trait I want in a trainer--someone who inspires me when I look at them.

    I wonder what she really does that they've twisted into being "similar to" a "fitness trainer"?
    I have to agree with your whole post here. She also was described as 'a dance instructor' which is more believeable in some of the early shows.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

    Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

  2. #202
    Gone Fishin' eowenc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,243

    Re: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

    Earlier we talked in this thread about TPTB setting up a Mal-lissa vs. Mandy finale. I'm still not sure if this battle will be this Tuesday or they may promote it more and have it be the finale or just both weeks.

    Here is a list of things that happened or quotes by Mandy or Mal-lissa about the other that point to the competition between them. This is in no particular order.

    Mandy, "My worst fear at this point is that Luke has kinda singled out Malissa".

    Mandy gets up to congratulate Malissa on her one on one date and Malissa just walks right by her. Mandy flaps her hand in disgust.

    Mal-lissa asks Mandy many questions as she is preparing for her 1 on 1 date and doesn't stop when Mandy asks her to. When Mandy finally breaks down because of the questioning Mal-lissa is laughing at her and says, "Like I did not expect that".

    Mal-lissa tells all the girls she is in love after her helicopter/vineyard date.

    Mal-lissa could not wait to tell all the girls that Luke had asked her sisters about proposing to her. Then she says she would accept.

    Right after the above Mandy says, "I've really taken some bold steps in my life to prepare myself for a potential marriage. And now that I'm here and have this man standing in front of me who's essentially swept me off my feet. You just want so badly for this to be it. It's hard to think that it might not be."

    Mandy, "Malissa is the source of most of my insecutities because I just feel like he's just super attracted to her. I would really love it if Malissa A would go home tonight. I'd love it."

    Malissa, "If I do make it past tonight it's really a question of who am I going to be here with and then what kind of TACTICS do I need to pull to stick thru to the end."

    Mandy, "It's hard to accept that Malissa is the other major woman".

    Mandy, "I don't want to be second best".

    Malissa, "Mandy might be a little too hyperactive for Luke".
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

    Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

  3. #203
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Among the flowers
    Posts
    1,403

    Re: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

    [QUOTE=eowenc;3693544;]Earlier we talked in this thread about TPTB setting up a Mal-lissa vs. Mandy finale. I'm still not sure if this battle will be this Tuesday or they may promote it more and have it be the finale or just both weeks. (quote abbreviated by Columbia, MD)


    I still think the "Malissa vs. Mandy" struggle will come this week. I am convinced that he has made a serious connection with Tali, and it has been downplayed by TPTB. The one he thinks will best bear rejection as F2 will be kept until the finale. Mandy would never be able to deal with the rejection as F2. Think back over previous seasons of both The Bachelor and The Bachelorette and you'll see many parallels.

  4. #204
    Gone Fishin' eowenc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,243

    Re: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3693544;
    Earlier we talked in this thread about TPTB setting up a Mal-lissa vs. Mandy finale. I'm still not sure if this battle will be this Tuesday or they may promote it more and have it be the finale or just both weeks. (quote abbreviated by Columbia, MD)


    I still think the "Malissa vs. Mandy" struggle will come this week. I am convinced that he has made a serious connection with Tali, and it has been downplayed by TPTB. The one he thinks will best bear rejection as F2 will be kept until the finale. Mandy would never be able to deal with the rejection as F2. Think back over previous seasons of both The Bachelor and The Bachelorette and you'll see many parallels.
    I don't think that the Tali connection is that great but I do think she could be F2. Mandy said that she would be patient and it would be hard but she has never given up not in her whole life (something like that). It will be Luke's perception of that not Mandy's that counts. TB and TB/ette have seemed to let go some earlier in order to make their choice easier at the end also. I really don't know what will happen but my research points to Mandy. We'll see when the time comes.
    Last edited by eowenc; 09-07-2009 at 09:33 PM.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

    Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

  5. #205
    FORT Fogey I'msotired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,463

    Re: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3693582;
    I don't think that the Tali connection is that great but I do think she could be F2. Mandy said that she would be patient and it would be hard but she has never given up not in her whole life (something like that). It will be Luke's perception of that not Mandy's that counts. TB and TB/ette have seemed to let go some earlier in order to make their choice easier at the end also. I really don't know what will happen but my research points to Mandy. We'll see when the time comes.
    You could be right. They just haven't given us much for seeing a "connection" with either Mandy or Tali...which leads me to believe it won't be Malissa, lol. I'm only thinking Tali as F1 over Mandy because of the "Byron/Mary thing."

    It's hard to judge how Luke "meshes" with any of the F3 given the limited interaction we see.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

  6. #206
    Gone Fishin' eowenc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,243

    Re: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3693600;
    You could be right. They just haven't given us much for seeing a "connection" with either Mandy or Tali...which leads me to believe it won't be Malissa, lol. I'm only thinking Tali as F1 over Mandy because of the "Byron/Mary thing."

    It's hard to judge how Luke "meshes" with any of the F3 given the limited interaction we see.
    Byron/Mary thing? Are you referring to the little talk they had about the other girls where Luke tells her to listen to him and her heart not the other girls?

    I just did a post in the Mandy thread that discusses relationship building and there is more meaningful relationship building with Mandy than the others IMO.
    I'll have more to say about that later provided Mandy stays alive tomorrow night.

    Your avitar when I glanced at it this time almost seemed 3D. I'm a little color blind (red and green) and the red backs into the background for me which makes the foreground things really pop out. It's a cool sensation. Thanks!
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

    Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

  7. #207
    Gone Fishin' eowenc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,243

    Re: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3693634;
    Byron/Mary thing? Are you referring to the little talk they had about the other girls where Luke tells her to listen to him and her heart not the other girls?

    I just did a post in the Mandy thread that discusses relationship building and there is more meaningful relationship building with Mandy than the others IMO.
    I'll have more to say about that later provided Mandy stays alive tomorrow night.

    Your avitar when I glanced at it this time almost seemed 3D. I'm a little color blind (red and green) and the red backs into the background for me which makes the foreground things really pop out. It's a cool sensation. Thanks!
    It's too late to edit above but the post is not in the Mandy Thread but the Fox - More to Love - Screencaps...
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

    Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

  8. #208
    FORT Fogey I'msotired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,463

    Re: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3693634;
    Byron/Mary thing? Are you referring to the little talk they had about the other girls where Luke tells her to listen to him and her heart not the other girls?

    I just did a post in the Mandy thread that discusses relationship building and there is more meaningful relationship building with Mandy than the others IMO.
    I'll have more to say about that later provided Mandy stays alive tomorrow night.

    Your avitar when I glanced at it this time almost seemed 3D. I'm a little color blind (red and green) and the red backs into the background for me which makes the foreground things really pop out. It's a cool sensation. Thanks!
    The scene where Tali was upset and "sort of" walking away from the party just jumped out at me. In Byron's season, Mary couldn't handle it and said she was going to walk away. Byron asked her to stay and ended up choosing her as his F1.

    You're welcome about the avatar, but I kind of feel I should apologize, lol. The last thing I'd EVER want is Mike Fleiss and Chris Harrison jumping out of my monitor toward me. Yipes!
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

  9. #209
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Among the flowers
    Posts
    1,403

    Re: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

    This is slightly OT, but...in the Byron/Mary season, Mary had already been through one Bachelor season with Bob Guiney. She was brought back in the middle of the Byron season and the other ladies were unhappy to have their chance "diluted."

    This is a different situation from More to Love.

  10. #210
    FORT Fogey I'msotired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,463

    Re: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3694016;
    This is slightly OT, but...in the Byron/Mary season, Mary had already been through one Bachelor season with Bob Guiney. She was brought back in the middle of the Byron season and the other ladies were unhappy to have their chance "diluted."

    This is a different situation from More to Love.
    You're 100% right about that, Columbia. I remember how unfair the girls thought it was for Mary and the other girl to come back. It was only that one scene with Tali and Luke which made me "flash" to that season and the similar scene. It just sort slapped me in the face with a "hey, remember me?" aspect to it, lol.

    As I've mentioned before, it's hard to see a "connection" between Luke and any of the 3 remaining girls and I'm not rooting for any of them in particular. I don't care for Malissa with her childish tactics, but that's about my strongest feeling toward any of them. Besides Malissa, the only girls they've let us "get to know" have already gotten the boot. Maybe that will change now that they're down to three.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.