+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

Re: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

Okay, I will be one to slightly defend Malissa's point of view about children. I DO know people who love THEIR children and are great moms but are not fans of children in general. Two of my good friends are like that. They think the fact that I am a teacher makes me slightly insane. Both will baby-sit other peoples' children but only children of their close friends and even that is iffy. If they were not military families, they probably wouldn't at all but they know that sometimes we have no other options. But they are great moms, love their children, and would do almost anything for their own children. Now we know nothing about her nephew, he could be a "devil child," really the attitude of Mom adds to that possibility. Plus, I would certainly hope that regardless of who he chooses, they would wait a couple of years to have children. Live together, travel together, without the added stress of having a baby while being newlyweds. Of course, this is saying that a relationship will develop from this show at all.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3690793;
    Originally Posted by AZChristian
    "Reminder to Anna: Even though it shouldn't BE this way, it's not usually a good idea to beat a guy at bowling when you go on your first solo date with him. Especially someone who considers himself to be a jock."

This blew me away. He considers himself to be a JOCK?

I was stunned when he said (during one of the dates that included parents) something about "If I didn't work out as much as I do I'd be twice this size."

There is something very wrong with this guy. He is killing himself by eating so much and he thinks he is "healthy."

Run, Ladies! Run!
    This is such a great comment.
    I know a lot of big guys who work out and none of them look as flabby as Luke. He is only 26 years old and looks like the Pillsbury Doughboy.
    No way this guy runs.
    No way he lifts weights.
    No way he does aerobics.
    Luke, MAKING out is not the same as WORKING out.
    Plus, dude, the holes in the bowling ball are designed for your fingers, so you don't throw said rock into the gutter. They make balls with huge holes for fat fingers, so get one of those and use it.
    Don't blame getting smoked by Anna, who bowls like a human rather than an ape, on the fact that you couldn't take your eyes off of the girl you dumped the next night.

FORT Fanatic

[QUOTE=This blew me away. He considers himself to be a JOCK?[/QUOTE]

i used to spend some time on match.com. you'd be shocked at how many men would describe themselves as "athletic" build.

FORT Fogey

SDL and Babyfat--HI.

For those of us who really DO work out and do lifting and cardio and conditioning and training for our chosen athletic endeavor(s) and sport(s)--his claiming to be an athlete is really an insult. I don't care what he weighs--he does not have--as SDL points out--the body of someone who either eats healthily or exercises regularly.

I do 30+ miles on a bike at least 3 times a week. I wonder if Luke has ever done 30 miles on a bike in his life.

SDL--Love the "doughboy" appellation. Don't see too many of those on the track or in the gym....

FORT Fogey

Along those lines--I get startled every time they show Mandy and describe her as " a fitness trainer."

I just don't see her as an example of someone who is "fit"--which IMO is the number one trait I want in a trainer--someone who inspires me when I look at them.

I wonder what she really does that they've twisted into being "similar to" a "fitness trainer"?

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

There are heavy people who are fit and thin people who are unfit.

A couple of seasons ago on Dancing with the Stars, one of the "celebrity" dancers was a thin model. The pro said she had no muscle tone and no endurance, so they had to work on that along with the dancing.

I've known heavy people who are in great shape cardiovascular wise, where thinner and younger people struggle to keep up with them on rigorous hikes.

Quote Originally Posted by sallys;3690785;
    Haha they most definitely are not!
    "Do you like food?"
    "I like food"

"Do you like wine"
    "I like wine"

"I've never been in a helicopter"
    "Oh, really?"

and somehow this all leads to marriage...
    Hee! That's so funny and true!

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3691710;
    Along those lines--I get startled every time they show Mandy and describe her as " a fitness trainer."

I just don't see her as an example of someone who is "fit"--which IMO is the number one trait I want in a trainer--someone who inspires me when I look at them.

I wonder what she really does that they've twisted into being "similar to" a "fitness trainer"?
    I agree. Nothing about her looks fit.
    Maybe they meant that she throws a lot of fits.
    Possibly, she wrote on her application that she needs mental fitness training, and the intern lost something in the translation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3691690;
    SDL and Babyfat--HI.

For those of us who really DO work out and do lifting and cardio and conditioning and training for our chosen athletic endeavor(s) and sport(s)--his claiming to be an athlete is really an insult. I don't care what he weighs--he does not have--as SDL points out--the body of someone who either eats healthily or exercises regularly.

I do 30+ miles on a bike at least 3 times a week. I wonder if Luke has ever done 30 miles on a bike in his life.

SDL--Love the "doughboy" appellation. Don't see too many of those on the track or in the gym....
    Probably not. The chain keeps breaking...
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;3690068;
    i thought she was honest with them. i'll take the truth any time, even though it may NOT be want i want to hear/know. most of the women were insecure, immature, looney...and would make for a "bad" wife. does anyone here think kristin or the nanny [can't remember her name] would make a healthy thinking partner?

hopefully upon reflection they will take her advice as constructive and learn from this experience.
    How can any of them be truly honest when critiquing their competition? Petty jealousies and insecurities are bound to get in the way. I didn't like the whole situation. I honestly didn't think that Kristian was so bad, she was desperate, but I have seen many like her on The Bach. At least she was not mean and hurtful to other girls. I really think it was bad form for any of them to say who would be a bad wife. But oh well.....thats the show I guess. Tali just rubs me the wrong way apparently.

+ Reply to Thread