+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

old cow

Re: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by redheadmiss;3688195;
    Did Malissa's sister say she has never been this heavy. That sister seemed to not be happy for her sister.
    Yea I can't remember if it was crazy eyebrow sister or young sister but i think one of them did mention that this is the heaviest she had been or maybe she had just recently became heavy....I'm not sure I'll rewatch the ep. just to be sure. But I think that crazy eyebrow sister is "protective" over Malissa because of her recent weight gain....maybe...thats just the impression i got.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by redheadmiss;3687988;
    It is because she does not like children and it will come through when she tries to have her own. Now I am not knocking her everyone has certain feelings. I was never a person who wanted to be around children, never had them, never wanted them and I believe Melissa is the same. I think she is not being honest with Luke.
    ITA. It is perfectly valid not to want to have children. The problem is that Malissa is, as you said, not being honest with Luke. Maybe she will change her mind about kids down the road, but I think it is pretty clear that right now, she's not necessarily wanting to be a parent. Could be a lot of reasons for it...it's possible that she felt like she did a lot of parenting as a teen taking care of her sisters....

Another area where house contestants have suggested that she's not being genuine or honest with Luke is her weight. Earlier on in the season, I seem to remember someone (maybe Kristian) talking about how Malissa gained her weight recently and doesn't fully understand what it means to be a larger woman. When the comment was made, I thought I heard an implication that maybe Malissa gained the weight (or extra weight) for the show. I also wondered whether her sister was implying the same thing. Am I being too much of a conspiracy theorist?

Here's my probably worthless take. Naturally I could be miles off base:
    Odd, odd show. It's a terrible shame that the majority of the focus of this show has been spent on three girls who never even made the f4--Mel B., Heather, and Kristian. Now we are trying to reason out a winner with this wacky edit. Ok, here we go.

Malissa--the only one of the f3 we've seen since the beginning. The last two weeks she looked pretty good, but last night she was lookin' catty again. The whole bit about leaking Luke's questions was to upset the other girls. Her sister's comments about her disliking babies was not something we should be hearing about a winner--providing we have a happy ending. Working on that theory, Malissa looks too much like a wicked witchy edit--the girl you want to root against.

ok: Mandy--f3--too prone to meltdowns--parents are wary
    Malissa--f2--made to look shallow, competitive, and mean, she says she likes babies--just not other peoples.
    Tali--f1--separate cultures--Luke and her must overcome the objections of her family--will love conquer all?

If this is correct, the only imaginable reason Tali has been hidden so much (we didn't see her at all--and I mean AT ALL, until week 5) is that Luke was obviously ga-ga about her from the get-go and they couldn't hide it unless they vanished her. (Fits with what was in the newspaper article about how they climbed each other on the spa date and the producers had to force Luke to move onto the next girl--which was never shown at all).

This is how I'm seeing it based on the Fleiss-edit track record. Others, I see, view it completely different. Just my opinion.

FORT Fanatic

Luke has mentioned so many times the fact that he wants to be married and have kids......with Tali she seems well-adjusted...he saw her wild crazy side when on the go-carts....she has a calmness about her, and seems wife material

and it seems to me that discussion he had with her uncle was not the whole discussion...

They left doubt in everyone's mind when the uncle kept stressing how complicated things could get.....what I feel they didn't show was the uncle telling the other side of the story...and it seems he is married to her aunt quite a while....so something worked out well for them....

I just sense Tali as the one.....he will find out about Malissa, and Mandy...may be too insecure.....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3687984;
    Hey just this quick word and i'll get back on subject. Columbia, MD , i tried to send you a private message but it said you werent accepting any messages so i'll just say thanxs for the info. i always thought i trekkie or trekker was a die hard, live, eat, breath star trek fan. TNG? My fav was DS9 Actually all were except Enterprise. Cant see Scott Backula (Mr. Quantum Leap) as a starship capt.

Now on to More To Love....

I didn't want to get into the private message thing. I don't think too many saw Scott Bakula as a starship captain; probably why the show only lasted 4 yrs.

Back to the current topic: More to Love....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3688077;
    Columbia, MD--hi.
    I'd never put down the Vulcans. They are--quite obviously--superior to humans.

It is startling however to see one pop up on a dating show. Even disguised as "family."

She was an insult to the Vulcan race....JMHO!! Guess we shouldn't spend too much time on this topic!!

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Romanticsucker;3688343;
    It's a terrible shame that the majority of the focus of this show has been spent on three girls who never even made the f4--Mel B., Heather, and Kristian. Now we are trying to reason out a winner with this wacky edit. Ok, here we go.

Malissa--the only one of the f3 we've seen since the beginning. The last two weeks she looked pretty good, but last night she was lookin' catty again. The whole bit about leaking Luke's questions was to upset the other girls. Her sister's comments about her disliking babies was not something we should be hearing about a winner--providing we have a happy ending. Working on that theory, Malissa looks too much like a wicked witchy edit--the girl you want to root against.

ok: Mandy--f3--too prone to meltdowns--parents are wary
    Malissa--f2--made to look shallow, competitive, and mean, she says she likes babies--just not other peoples.
    Tali--f1--separate cultures--Luke and her must overcome the objections of her family--will love conquer all?

If this is correct, the only imaginable reason Tali has been hidden so much (we didn't see her at all--and I mean AT ALL, until week 5) is that Luke was obviously ga-ga about her from the get-go and they couldn't hide it unless they vanished her. (Fits with what was in the newspaper article about how they climbed each other on the spa date and the producers had to force Luke to move onto the next girl--which was never shown at all).
    Hey Romanticsucker! I was wondering when u were gonna show up and give your opinion. I soooo agree with the statement in bold! Its odd that Malissa is the only one who's really been shown since the 1st ep and Tali & Mandy (especially Mandy) have just recently come into view.

I understand your reasoning for the outcome of this season but i still think its gonna be Mandy & Malissa in the F2 with a Mandy win. Yea ive read about the spa date with Tali & Luke and I really like Tali so i hope your right but between the screencaps and just the way the tension between Malissa & Mandy, kinda leads me to think otherwise.

FORT Newbie

Newb here, but really hope he does not choose Tali. EW. Love Mandy and Malissa. Too bad he already let the perfect one get away.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLee;3688701;
    Newb here, but really hope he does not choose Tali. EW. Love Mandy and Malissa. Too bad he already let the perfect one get away.
    Recent observations of the F3:
    Mal-issa: I too am bothered by the name (Mal-icious, Mal-evolent) as being too descriptive, but at least we understand her roots (666...) better now after meeting the rest of her coven. I personally think Luke is keeping her around to oogle those giant boobs in the Fantasy Suite, and then will be done with her, but I really only have one pertinent question. How many times has she worn that blue satin dress that we see in all the screen caps?
    Mandy: I know she has a lot of fans here so I will tread lightly. Would she, please, stop crying in every interview? Needy doesn't begin to describe this girl's insecurities. She is also the least attractive by far, but I think she has a real shot because Luke himself isn't exactly Fabio - and she's a safe choice. Doesn't matter though, whoever he chooses will be gone in a flash - there is no real chemistry on this show.
    Tali - She seems to rub some people the wrong way, and I respect that even if I don't understand it. To be that beautiful, and dress so well, and look hot even in a swimsuit at 190 lbs, and be warm and articulate - what is she doing on this show? Who cares about the "cultural differences?" I'd pick her if she was a member of the Taliban (Tali-ban). But I hope Luke does not because, although I like the guy, he strikes me as a beer guzzling slob, and lacks the "culture" to deal with someone on her level.
    Note to camera crew: would you please stop filming these girls every time they eat, and lift the camera just a bit so as not to film their asses jiggling as they walk away. We get it - this is a show about fat people. But it's also supposed to demonstrate that they are ok. Let's start showing why they are ok...ok?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3688809;
    ********* (message shortened by Columbia, MD)

Note to camera crew: would you please stop filming these girls every time they eat, and lift the camera just a bit so as not to film their asses jiggling as they walk away. We get it - this is a show about fat people. But it's also supposed to demonstrate that they are ok. Let's start showing why they are ok...ok?
    Hi, sdl, I think it's a little late in the process for seeing who these ladies are and why they are OK.

+ Reply to Thread