+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

old cow

Re: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3687570;
    For: Wind Dancer.....please don't put down the Vulcans. They made a lot of sense!!

From a Star Trek fan.....
    I know this is totally off subject but what is the difference between a Trekkie and a Trekker?

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3687505;
    Most believe Mandy is proposal gal in Ryvetted's SC's because of the tan line on the arms and her slimmer forearms and longer thinner fingers.

Go Mandy!
    ITA....based on last nights episode, the edit and the screencaps in the preview Tali will go the F2 will be Mandy and Malissa and I think Mandy is F1....Malissa was a negative edit IMO and Mandy looked like she might be really in love!
    Been wrong before but that's mu gut this week!
    To be a Fly on the wall! Seek and ye shall find!

Here's my take on the show. I now feel certain I know for sure who will win the whole shebang!

It will be (drumroll please)..... Tali! Not because I like her. Personally I don't feel Luke has any real chemistry with any of the women. I say Tali because of the edits tonight. They kept talking about the problems and complications of a relationship between those two. Edits indicating one thing typically mean something else. The relationship would be too difficult and hard = Sure sign they will be together! Also I think Malissa, because of her bad edits, will be in the final two because the world needs someone to root against. Mandy is a little wacky and will be cut out next week.

Just my predictions!

Nicely Done!

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3687505;
    Most believe Mandy is proposal gal in Ryvetted's SC's because of the tan line on the arms and her slimmer forearms and longer thinner fingers.

Go Mandy!
    I noticed a large mole or freckle on Mandy's left arm last night....would be very easy to match up to the SC's.....off to check them out.
    Last edited by Lily'sMom; 09-02-2009 at 01:30 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3687648;
    I know this is totally off subject but what is the difference between a Trekkie and a Trekker?
    A Trekker is a Star Trek fan; Trekkie is a different name for the same thing.
    True Star Trek fans do not like the term Trekkie, and we have tried to discourage its use. I am proud to call myself a Trekker.

Any other Star Trek fans out there have a different take on the subject??

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3687645;
    and here I was thinking I was the only star trek fan around here

live long and prosper

Hope this reply is not going too far off topic.....No, you're not the only one, and I know of at least one other one on this board. Am sure there are more. Been a fan since TNG. There will never be another series like it; unfortunately, we will never see the likes of it again....

P.S. Love your avatar!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lily'sMom;3687734;
    I noticed a large mole or freckle on Mandy's left arm last night....would be very easy to match up to the SC's.....off to check them out.
    Mandy has lots of cute freckles on her arms and hands that have been photoshopped to disappear so as not to give it away to easily. You have to use the tan line and size and shape of forearm, hands and fingers to identify. I have spent hours with DVR stopping, rewind back and forward and any manner of trying to identify. Ryvetted's one SC with Mandy's hands over her face point out all this as compared to proposal gal SC.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

If being with someone who is of a "different culture" is such a true impediment to a serious relationship or marriage, than Tali should not have been on this show. There's no reason to take the first step of a long journey if you know the destination is not in alignment with who you are.

I'm just sayin...

Oh, and I think Anna had to go last night. Career is too important to her right now while Luke is interested in settling down. They're just in two different places at this point in their lives. Call it bad-timing if you will.

Malissa is not looking for a relationship, she's looking to win a contest. That kind of person is more interested in the chase. Once they "win", they're bored. She needs to go.

Tali needs to find someone of the same culture OR decide that the culture is not the most important thing and move on.

Go Mandy

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3687648;
    Gene Roddenberry who created the series started the word Trekkie but over the years it has evolved into Treeker and they prefer it but pletny still use the term Trekkie...they both mean the same thing
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I believe Tali's uncle said that her Grandparents were orthodox, not her parents, but that it "trickled down" or something like that.

Having watched 3 close friends, 2 out of 3 now divorced, go through religious and cultural differences in marriage, I think it's harder than most people give credit. There are hundreds of expectations we all have about things that we don't realize we have. They are different for everyone and every marriage has to work on them, but it's more difficult the more your expectations and goals differ.

I think it becomes a much bigger deal once you have kids and even if you thought you agreed ahead of time about raising them, things change, your whole world changes when you have children.

Not that I'm against Tali. I like her and Mandy. There are different weaknesses with both of them and Luke has to decide which problems he would be better at living with. No one is perfect, the best we hope for is someone we can love with faults we can put up with.

I hope and pray he doesn't go with Malissa ( who would name their kid Mal-lissa, that basically like bad-lissa ( malcontent, malodorous, malicious, malignant)) I believe it's very obvious from her not doting on and wanting to spend time with her own nephew that she is not eager for kids. She just wants to win. I can understand it too, she's already raised her sisters since her Mom died, she needs some freedom, but heck just be honest about it.

Looking at her sisters as an example, I'm not sure I'd want her raising my kids anyway if I were Luke.

+ Reply to Thread