+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

Re: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by beeleever;3687364;
    You could be absolutely right. I believe all three women have had doubts cast on them. Luke said that Tali is not the easy choice at all. He also said that he is concerned that Mandy would need a lot more attention than he first anticipated. She may be needy or clingy. His concern about Malissa is whether she is telling him the truth that while she is not that into taking care of other peoples children, her own would be different. Luke also said Malissa has the most potential to break his heart. To my way of thinking, the person that has the most potential to break your heart would be the person you care about the most. But then again, what do I know??? lol
    I agree there is doubt but it is interesting that with only two has Luke mentioned anything about marriage when referring to them. The obvious one is Malissa with the question to her scary sister. More suttle was a VO just as he is about to meet Mandy's parents. Luke talks about how important it is meeting and getting to know the parents of the woman you want to marry. And that the meeting go well. I know it's all edited but it is there for a purpose as far as Mandy's storyline goes.

TPTB are setting up a Mandy vs. Malissa finale.
    Last edited by eowenc; 09-02-2009 at 07:12 AM.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3687385;
    BTW, while on this bizarre subject, did anyone notice that the youngest sister seemed a little "off" as well? I mean, she was still cute and all but talked like she was in some kind of trance. Maybe she has babysat at the House of Doom and is a few quarts low already.
    sdl you have a way with words and an ability to say just what I'm thinking that I can't do for myself. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickaylal;3687442;
    Malissa or Mandy!!!!!!!
    Most believe Mandy is proposal gal in Ryvetted's SC's because of the tan line on the arms and her slimmer forearms and longer thinner fingers.

Go Mandy!
    Last edited by eowenc; 09-02-2009 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3687465;
    There was alot of weird family stuff going on tonight in addition to The Weird Sisters. (A Shakespeare reference lest anyhone think I'm picking on Malissa's sisters. )

I am wondering about the body language of Mandy's parents--Mandy sat between Luke and her dad--and her mother sat alone--and far down--on the other couch.

Weird.
    You are describing Anna's parents meeting at the bowling alley and that arrangement seemed odd to me also. Mandy's parents meeting was on a boat where she and Luke sat across from the parents.

Quote Originally Posted by newshound;3687156;
    If you like kids, you would be chomping at the bit to babysit your nephew who lives 10 minutes away. You wouldn't need to be asked. I'm not buying Malissa's story. Hope she is going home.
    First off, let me establish that I am in no other way like Malissa - I am not a schemer and I do have the capacity for empathy. However, with respect to the kids thing, I too believe that she is full of crap. Many years ago I couldn't be paid enough to babysit (still holds true to this day), but assumed that one day I would have my own and be a good mother. Long story short, thirty years later I remain child-free and honestly couldn't be happier about it. If Malissa does end up breeding, it won't be out of a deep and sincere love of kids.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3687450;
    I didn't mind the protectiveness--I thought that was touching.
    But when I first saw her I said--"OMG, Malissa's sister's a Vulcan!"

BTW--everyone's family had something so negative to say--I wonder if Fleiss put them up to it?

Also--it was said--very quickly--by Tali's uncle--that her parents are Orthodox Jews.

That is a very large cultural divide--even between Orthodox and other kinds of Judaism like Reform and Conservative. And it is not only very strict in the religious sense but it is also a very demanding lifestyle. Orthodox keep kosher and adhere to such laws as no work on the Sabbath. They even hire a non-Jew to turn the electric lights etc in their house off and on for them.

It is very hard work for a woman to keep kosher--tons of rules to follow.
    If they are true Orthodox I can see Tali's marriage outside their religion as being a HUGE issue.

Also the uncle said--very quietly and quickly that the parents put a lot of pressure on HIM. And that's why he knew what he was talking about and wanted Luke to know.

That whole aspect of Tali's one-on-one date was kind of a downer but at least the uncle was being realistic.
    Wouldn't she be going against everything she learned growing up by coming on a show like this? I can think of many who have cultural differences and they make their marriages work.
    It's got to be love.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3687360;
    Did you SEE the "mother" of the child Malissa doesn't want to babysit??
    Perhaps Malissa doesn't want to spend her evening in a foggy dungeon brushing little Damien's horns and scrubbing his fangs while wearing a garlic necklace and every cross she can score off of every girl in the house (less Tali).
    Maybe Malissa has seen "Children of the Corn" already and decided she's rather just wait tables that night, any night, even if it's not her shift - even if they're not open, than, well, DIE and come back like her sister.
    BTW, just exactly where does Bride of Dracula need to go such that a babysitter is so urgently required? Blood supply running low? The Lost Boys in town? A fresh grave to rob?
    I know that some people come on reality shows for the "wrong reasons," but this has to be the first time a sister came on to audition for the Twilight series.
    Thanks SDL for the huge
    It's got to be love.

FORT Fogey

For: Wind Dancer.....please don't put down the Vulcans. They made a lot of sense!!

From a Star Trek fan.....

Quote Originally Posted by newshound;3687156;
    If you like kids, you would be chomping at the bit to babysit your nephew who lives 10 minutes away. You wouldn't need to be asked. I'm not buying Malissa's story. Hope she is going home.
    IA newshoud. There was something about that conversation that appeared to be off. If I was in that position, I don't care how strange wierd or what my sister is in to, I would babysit my nephew at the drop of a hat. I would make it a priority to take him to parks, long walks and the zoo.

If it were a situation where the sister was taking advantage of Malissa, where say for eg she wanted to go out drinking all the time, that would make it even more important for me to take that child at any opportunity. JMO I'm not buy Malissa's story either.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3687570;
    For: Wind Dancer.....please don't put down the Vulcans. They made a lot of sense!!

From a Star Trek fan.....
    and here I was thinking I was the only star trek fan around here

live long and prosper
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread