+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 213

Thread: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

  1. #121
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,835

    Re: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by angelwings;3687121;
    Eyebrows was one scary chick. She has some serious issues.
    I agree! All those tats and bad make-up! yikes!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  2. #122
    old cow
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,088

    Re: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by beeleever;3687229;
    The only thing that has me doubting Mandy as F1 is all the crying PI's that they are showing. Not the usual F1 edit. Tali seems to be getting that.
    Well from the previews for next week's show it kinda looks like Luke is having the most doubts about Tali. Soooooooooo........idk maybe its just a ploy to throw us off track and make us think that Tali is going home next when it could be someone else....

  3. #123
    old cow
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,088

    Re: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3687231;
    I agree! All those tats and bad make-up! yikes!
    Was that girl whack or was that girl whack?! Between the drawn on eyebrows, the scary red nails, and that AWFUL hair....

  4. #124
    FORT Fogey atem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,278

    Re: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3687233;
    Well from the previews for next week's show it kinda looks like Luke is having the most doubts about Tali. Soooooooooo........idk maybe its just a ploy to throw us off track and make us think that Tali is going home next when it could be someone else....
    Doubts about what?

  5. #125
    old cow
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,088

    Re: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by atem;3687236;
    Doubts about what?
    I dont know. Honestly i cant really remember if thats exactly what was being shown (i was busy typing on this board while watching tv) so i could just be jabbering but it seemed to be shown that Luke had a great connection with Malissa and Tali not so much...

  6. #126
    FORT Fogey atem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,278

    Re: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3687238;
    I dont know. Honestly i cant really remember if thats exactly what was being shown (i was busy typing on this board while watching tv) so i could just be jabbering but it seemed to be shown that Luke had a great connection with Malissa and Tali not so much...
    Oh, I see.

  7. #127
    FORT Fanatic dallas_viewer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    460

    Re: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

    Did I miss something, or did all the Tali discussions completely avoid the "R" word (Religion)? How bizarre is it to talk at length about their obvious differences without coming right out and saying "She's Jewish and I'm Christian, this could be an issue"?

    Methinks it is not considered politically correct on this show to mention actual religious words like Christian, Jewish, or the very word religion. Hence they use the euphemism "cultural differences".
    (Though the uncle did mention family members being "orthodox", but again, no point-blank mention of religious affiliation.)


  8. #128
    Student of Life Tin Frizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    537

    Re: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3687238;
    I dont know. Honestly i cant really remember if thats exactly what was being shown (i was busy typing on this board while watching tv) so i could just be jabbering but it seemed to be shown that Luke had a great connection with Malissa and Tali not so much...
    I'm rewatching tommrow so hopefull I might be able to pick it up.
    It's got to be love.

  9. #129
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,835

    Re: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3687235;
    Was that girl whack or was that girl whack?! Between the drawn on eyebrows, the scary red nails, and that AWFUL hair....
    She actually frightened me a bit.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  10. #130
    Gone Fishin' eowenc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,243

    Re: 9/1 show discussion *spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by beeleever;3687229;
    The only thing that has me doubting Mandy as F1 is all the crying PI's that they are showing. Not the usual F1 edit. Tali seems to be getting that.
    Mandy's PI's are meant to throw us off the trail. All her PI's have been about her not being able to handle the other girls developing a relationship with the guy she see's herself with not because of her size as the other women who cryed so much.

    The gal that I dated who reminds me of Mandy was Jewish and unfortunately for us both our families had trouble with our religious and cultural issues. I'm Christian and grew up in the Jewish neighborhood of my home town and have friends here in Chicago that are from Isreal. When we discuss cultural differences they are emphatic that it is a really big deal in Isreal for a Christian to date or marry a Jew. We are much more open minded here in the states about such things and are generally unaware of other cultural differences.

    Since Tali's Uncle is from the US and a different culture from the Aunt they were more important to Tali's storyline for this show than her parents might have been. I think that as this storyline plays out it might be the most interesting.

    I'm off to rewatch the show on my DVR. We'll talk more later. I appreciate everyones views this season.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

    Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.