+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: 8/25 show discussion *spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 8/25 show discussion *spoilers*

People of either sex, normal, underweight, overweight, or whatever, who are truly confident with themselves do not need any of these reality shows and don't apply to them. Also, those who have watched enough of these trainwrecks are smart enough to run the other way.

I also expected more from this show. When trailers were shown before it started airing it seemed like this was about confident plus sized women who wanted a chance to be taken seriously. The first night when we got to hear from these women there was more sloppy crying than anything else. Luke seems like a very confident man. I thought he was looking for a woman that was happy in her own skin and confident in herself. From what I've seen since the beginning there are very few (if any!) women who are as confident in themselves as he is. It's supposed to be a show about "There's more to me than my weight" but it seems like the ladies are ONLY concerned about their weight and how it has held them back from nearly everything they've ever wanted to do. A confident woman who is secure with herself doesn't let something like her weight hold her back from anything.

I personally like Luke and if I was 20 years younger and single I'd be attracted to him, although the way that man kisses totally skeeves me out. Dude, even if there is a camera on you, do you think you can do more besides 3 little pecks when the woman is trying to hang on to your lips more than 1.3 seconds??

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by meemee2000;3684650;
    I suspect that people will say Luke picked slimmer women on purpose.

I have another theory to toss around. He said he didn't pick Heather because she was showing insecurities. So if he didn't pick these women due to their insecurities, would it be fair to say that perhaps the larger women were insecure BECAUSE they were larger or because of other issues going on with them?

PS I have to say I'm really surprised that the show had so few contestants who were brimming with confidence.
    You bring up a good point. Even if the "slimmer" ones lacked confidence upon arriving, a quick look around bolstered them quickly. They are also the smartest ones and know to keep their insecurtities out of the dating experience and diary talks. Since the diary talks are producer driven it is clear some of the women just did not take the bait.

Colunbia MD. People of either sex, normal, underweight, overweight, or whatever, who are truly confident with themselves do not need any of these reality shows and don't apply to them. Also, those who have watched enough of these trainwrecks are smart enough to run the other way.
    It really is about the desire to be on TV more than finding a man. Tali certainly is beautiful and slim enough to have men approaching her on a regular basis.

FORT Fogey

But...Mandy did not successfully keep her insecurities from the camera, from Luke and from us. For that reason, I think she will go home Tuesday night despite Luke's attraction to her. JMHO.

FORT Regular

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieJ;3686876;
    I also expected more from this show. When trailers were shown before it started airing it seemed like this was about confident plus sized women who wanted a chance to be taken seriously. The first night when we got to hear from these women there was more sloppy crying than anything else. Luke seems like a very confident man. I thought he was looking for a woman that was happy in her own skin and confident in herself. From what I've seen since the beginning there are very few (if any!) women who are as confident in themselves as he is. It's supposed to be a show about "There's more to me than my weight" but it seems like the ladies are ONLY concerned about their weight and how it has held them back from nearly everything they've ever wanted to do. A confident woman who is secure with herself doesn't let something like her weight hold her back from anything.
    Well, looks like they did want some confident women or maybe they changed course once the show started...

New show from the Executive Producers of “The Bachelor” is casting women who are curvy, beautiful, sexy

We will be Casting in ATLANTA APRIL 2 -5 AND RALEIGH N.C 7 - 9 HOUSTON 10 -14 DALLAS 16 - 19
    From the Executive Producers of “The Bachelor” . . .

Finally, a relationship show for real people. Real women. Real sizes. Real love. It’s about time!

Are you confident, voluptuous and genuinely looking for love? Our landmark television series aims to prove that the only size that matters is the size of your heart.

In this romantic competition of love and seduction, one big and beautiful woman will become the envy of all others and attain the love of a lifetime.

A Major Television Network has heard your plea and is ready to help.

Doron Ofir Casting is currently casting REAL women who are curvy, beautiful, sexy, at least the age of 21 and appear under 33 who are ready to be introduced to their soul mate.

PLEASE submit 2 pictures and write to Chad at
    New show from the Executive Producers of “The Bachelor” is casting women who are curvy, beautiful, sexy | Free Casting Calls and Auditions

+ Reply to Thread