+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 8/25 show discussion *spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 8/25 show discussion *spoilers*

Originally Posted by atem
    Wow. I wonder if someone whispered in Luke's ear about Heather.
    What did I miss? What could someone have whispered? I was surprised to see her go. I thought he was interested, certainly more than the others who remain. Edititing is chopping and odd.

And yes, I did notice that the slimmer women remain and I predicted this on day one. There definately is a bias toward slimmer plus sizes coupled with how their weight is distributed.

Quote Originally Posted by swag9900;3682123;
    They don't they are just kidding themselves.
    That's true. It seems like these gals are falling much faster than any of the other shows (which even then I don't get how they fall for the suitor/ee).

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3678804;
    Wow. I wonder if someone whispered in Luke's ear about Heather.
    I'm sure it was snarky Tali, she was the only one who was there that would run and tell luke. She thought it would improve her chance to win Luke. Wonder how come she didn't rat on Anna to, she has to yet she Loves him.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by swag9900;3682123;
    They don't they are just kidding themselves.
    Thats right Heather was only honest about really liking but not to Love. Heather was being relistic about.

You're husband or boyfriend wasn't it like way before Love.?

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3682394;
    And yes, I did notice that the slimmer women remain and I predicted this on day one.
    I suspect that people will say Luke picked slimmer women on purpose.

I have another theory to toss around. He said he didn't pick Heather because she was showing insecurities. I think we can all agree that he didn't pick Kristian because she showed immaturity and was falling for him way too fast (due to insecurity). So if he didn't pick these women due to their insecurities, would it be fair to say that perhaps the larger women were insecure BECAUSE they were larger or because of other issues going on with them? Maybe my memory is bad, but I don't recall seeing the last four gals (Malissa, Mandy, Tali, or Anna) crying to the camera about their weight and how it's kept them from finding love.

No one wants to date insecure people lacking confidence whether they are slim or bigger. That's just unattractive so I wouldn't hold it against Luke.

Just a theory...

PS I have to say I'm really surprised that the show had so few contestants who were brimming with confidence. I know tons of women who are large and love themselves and have no problems in the dating department. I wish they had more of those kinds of confident women on this show instead of all these cry babies...

Let's keep the posts about the show and contestants, please, and not other posters. Everyone is allowed their opinion here, so let's not be rude. Thanks.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by meemee2000;3684650;

PS I have to say I'm really surprised that the show had so few contestants who were brimming with confidence. I know tons of women who are large and love themselves and have no problems in the dating department. I wish they had more of those kinds of confident women on this show instead of all these cry babies...
    I think the producers chose insecure women on purpose, to make the show more of a "train wreck" so as not to lose viewers. I do agree that Luke ended up with the 4 most normal women in the house, which means he weeded through the insecure, immature, naive, and just plain whacky girls. Other than weight, which they are obviously hyper-focusing on, that's not really any different than the Bachelor contestants. If the shows were filled with wonderfully normal girls and only one or two women who were a bit off, that would be true reality, and who wants that when watching a reality show?

Quote Originally Posted by smb71;3684871;
    I think the producers chose insecure women on purpose, to make the show more of a "train wreck" so as not to lose viewers. I do agree that Luke ended up with the 4 most normal women in the house, which means he weeded through the insecure, immature, naive, and just plain whacky girls.

I think you are right smb71! Train wrecks do make us feel more normal. I feel so sane and normal when I compare myself to these contestant women. It is a huge ego boost!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by swag9900;3684607;
    Thats right Heather was only honest about really liking but not to Love. Heather was being relistic about.

You're husband or boyfriend wasn't it like way before Love.?
    I agree. These women who say they're in love so quickly (sometimes at first or second meeting) are in love with the idea of being in love.

I don't see much of a connection between Luke and anyone - but, could just be the editing, of course.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by meemee2000;3684650;
    I suspect that people will say Luke picked slimmer women on purpose.

I have another theory to toss around. He said he didn't pick Heather because she was showing insecurities. I think we can all agree that he didn't pick Kristian because she showed immaturity and was falling for him way too fast (due to insecurity). So if he didn't pick these women due to their insecurities, would it be fair to say that perhaps the larger women were insecure BECAUSE they were larger or because of other issues going on with them? Maybe my memory is bad, but I don't recall seeing the last four gals (Malissa, Mandy, Tali, or Anna) crying to the camera about their weight and how it's kept them from finding love.

No one wants to date insecure people lacking confidence whether they are slim or bigger. That's just unattractive so I wouldn't hold it against Luke.

Just a theory...

Good analysis.

Like you, I wish they had more confidence women on the show. I would have gotten rid of the whiners and criers too.

+ Reply to Thread