+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 8/4 show discussion *spoilers*

Re: 8/4 show discussion *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee;3643521;
    Ha, I was thinking Malificent, from (I think) Sleeping Beauty? One of those Disney, evil Queens.
    That's exactly what I thought when I saw how it was spelled! Contemporary version of her name. It would be perfect for a modern day take on the story.

FORT Fanatic

gracie - i agree with you. too bad she has an obnoxious personality.

goodness, i knew there would be a lot of crying on this show, but this is truly ridiculous! and why do all the convo's have to involve being fat/overweight?

luke still seems boring to me.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by kakigreen;3640556;
    I agree that Kristian seems way over the top...its scary. Seems like he would have seen this and let her go early.. but maybe he is coached to let the women who are really cringe worthy stay.. better for ratings?
    I keep thinking that Kristian is shooting for her own reality tv show. It seems the one guy or girl on the bachelor that is the most sympathetic, the one who is really, desperatly searching for love gets their own show.

idk, just a guess...

these women know damn well that if they were walking down the street and seen Luke that they wouldn't give him a second thought

yet within the first 24 hrs on up, they want to spend the rest of their lives with this guy

i have the show dvr'd and have to watch in segments because it's so rediculous, all these crybaby ass women

i wouldn't have let vomitface put her lips on me

addison h.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3639331;
    While watching one of Kristian's interviews, I said to my hubby - "She seems to be so invested in this that I'm concerned that she'll harm herself when she gets cut." I don't think of her so much as a stalker as I do as a person who is involved in a situation she's never encountered before, and she's too emotionally immature to recognize that her feelings may not be reciprocated. I believe in love at first sight (having experienced it myself over 45 years ago), but it was in a one-on-one relationship, not a 15-on-one contest.
    I am really afraid for Kristian.
    re: the bolded - I think you are absolutely right on the money with this one.
    It seems like "emotionally immature" could be used to describe many of these women. I hope for them that they can take this experience as a "jumping off point" - a way to get out there and get their feet wet and break out into the dating scene so that when they go home they have the confidence to move forward into new relationships. Because - really - can you see someone like Kristian or Melissa immediately getting married? Unfortunately - for whatever reason - their emotional age is so much younger than their actual age that they just don't seem AT ALL ready for relationship that serious yet.
    Last edited by addison h.; 08-07-2009 at 12:47 AM.

Agreed about Kristian's lack of emotional maturity. I think she'll get the "cruel to be kind" cut when Luke realizes how strong her feelings are (and that his aren't) and won't want to keep her hopes up by keeping her around.

It's shocking how many of these women have the emotional maturity of a 14 year old. I don't think you can blame their size for that. I know plenty of bigger girls who don't behave this way.

I think Luke is very sweet, but I don't think he understands what he's dealing with in a few cases.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I am going to make a prediction. Though size is not an issue on this show, weight distribution will be a factor. Heavy women who have a waist and would be considered Rubenesque or zoftic are going to be more appealing to him. I think we may see the women who carry their weight predominately in their upper body leave sooner than later. The final 4 are likely to have slimmer faces. Just musing here.

From my perspective, it takes dating experience to gain the emotional maturity to even identify long-lasting love. I dated a great deal before I met my husband, and that experience made me grow emotionally. When I met my husband, it was love at first sight certainly, but after that--and before we married--it was both of us asking the right questions of one another to know if we had a long-lasting love. (We were both right--we are best friends and a passionate and happily married couple.)
    I am concerned that so many of these girls are so VERY unexperienced in dating that they are emotionally too immature to make a wise decision in this format. Most of these women certainly seem emotionally frail, which is sad.
    I am VERY happy to see a show with real-sized women...it is a very interesting thing to watch.
    P.S. I'm a size 16 curvy woman, happy in my skin and in a bathing suit, and my husband loves those curves! WOOHOO

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3646429;
    I am going to make a prediction. Though size is not an issue on this show, weight distribution will be a factor. Heavy women who have a waist and would be considered Rubenesque or zoftic are going to be more appealing to him. I think we may see the women who carry their weight predominately in their upper body leave sooner than later. The final 4 are likely to have slimmer faces. Just musing here.
    Well, I think you are spot on. I think that Luke is responding in that way too--if you watch his eyes in the episodes.

FORT Fanatic

shoepie - good prediction, however, i still think he'll choose the "thinnest" woman. hate to say this...but i think size is still an issue.

+ Reply to Thread