+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: More To Love - Fox *Screencaps* and Spoilers Discussion

FORT Fogey

Re: More To Love - Fox *Screencaps* and Spoilers Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;3711123;
    Uh oh, what's My Antonio? I haven't heard of that one.... off to check that out!!!!

Nope, CMD, I only just learned what the alphabet boards were the other day... I'll probably go over there when the next show starts.

Back on topic, I hope they do another season of MTL. The fact that it's lower budget and a little bit rougher really made it seem like the emotions were more genuine. Would watch it again for sure!
    I think My Antonio must be a cable show. No cable, no "dish." Just plain old Network TV.

We're having a lot of sign-in problems with the alphabet board right now, not just on the Bach board but on all the program boards. Many of us have sent e-mails and they say they're working on it.

I'd watch MTL again, too.

Is FOX.com an alphabet board? I'm over there to discuss a little Hell's Kitchen!

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;3712525;
    Is FOX.com an alphabet board? I'm over there to discuss a little Hell's Kitchen!
    "Alphabet board" refers to A-B-C.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LucyRicardo;3712698;
    "Alphabet board" refers to A-B-C.
    Thanks, Lucy. Cornholio is a "newbie" around here and we have been trying to answer her questions to get her oriented. We forget everyone does not know all the "lingo" in the beginning.

Muchas gracias - I thought I heard Alphabet Boards plural somewhere so I was thinking all the network boards were called that! Lots of the shows I follow are on FOX: HK, MTL, SYTYCD. I really appreciate all the pointers, CMD. I should be up to speed here in time for....season 14 of the Bachelor. Woot!!! Looking forward to it.

I better read up on the rules here too - I accidentally scored an infraction.

I am a FORT newbie too, though I've been lurking during Jill's Bach/ette season. I spent Jason's season on the abc board, but it's difficult to navigate and has alot of goofy threads to wade through to get to the interesting stuff. I kept reading about "FORT" and was amazed at the sleuthing skills of people over here, so I decided just to come here. At first I was intimidated by all the threads and wasn't sure how to get around (still not completely comfortable) but once I put some effort into it I enjoyed reading here at least as much as watching the actual shows!

I was very happy to have this site to come to whilst watching MTL, esp. finding updates on Luke and Tali since there is NOTHING on tv.

I figured out most of the lingo whilst over at abc (including "FORT", lol) but there are still a few things that stump me on occasion! So I'm happy to help out with what I do know. Hello, everyone!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;3713724;
    .............I better read up on the rules here too - I accidentally scored an infraction.
    Hey, not to worry. I had two infractions in three months after coming on this board. Since I have private messaging disabled, I was never able to know exactly what I did. The user CP for each of us shows generally what type of infraction it was. I've just learned to reread everything I write, and edit anything I think has the slightest chance of being taken wrong. It is a good lesson for all of us, new or old.

Everything will become more comfortable as your time here increases.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LucyRicardo;3713764;
    I am a FORT newbie too, though I've been lurking during Jill's Bach/ette season. I spent Jason's season on the abc board, but it's difficult to navigate and has alot of goofy threads to wade through to get to the interesting stuff. I kept reading about "FORT" and was amazed at the sleuthing skills of people over here, so I decided just to come here. At first I was intimidated by all the threads and wasn't sure how to get around (still not completely comfortable) but once I put some effort into it I enjoyed reading here at least as much as watching the actual shows!

I was very happy to have this site to come to whilst watching MTL, esp. finding updates on Luke and Tali since there is NOTHING on tv.

I figured out most of the lingo whilst over at abc (including "FORT", lol) but there are still a few things that stump me on occasion! So I'm happy to help out with what I do know. Hello, everyone!
    I lurked for a couple of years before joining. If nothing else you get an idea of what FORT and other boards are about. FORT is an excellent place and I have never seen a mean word written in any post.

Tali and Luke are, blessedly, able to control what goes out in the media about them. It is this privacy, desperately needed by all young couples, which I think will go a long way in allowing them to develop their love and their relationship. I wonder how many Bach/ette couples would have succeeded if they had been given more privacy. JMHO (just my humble opinion)

There are lots of abbreviations and lingo to learn. Anything you don't understand ask the person who wrote it. I'm sure they will answer you.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Also this board is kind of anti-lingo and slang (and anything not PG-13), so no u for you, that kind of thing. I even got an infraction for tho for although!

I also have to say I didn't disable the PM option and it hasn't been abused by anyone. I might get a PM every month or two, and no spam.

But back to MTL... sadly I fear that it is only the first season or two of these shows that has "true" contestants on them...after that it is mostly people wanting to be "discovered" or searching for their 15 min. of fame. But I think they could get one more season out of it, especially if it was already in production while this one ran...or if it was a sex reversal one with a bunch of heavy guys competing for the love of one of the runner ups (not Malissa though...she just seemed like she was in it for the competition).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3713954;
    Also this board is kind of anti-lingo and slang (and anything not PG-13), so no u for you, that kind of thing. I even got an infraction for tho for although!

I also have to say I didn't disable the PM option and it hasn't been abused by anyone. I might get a PM every month or two, and no spam.

But back to MTL... sadly I fear that it is only the first season or two of these shows that has "true" contestants on them...after that it is mostly people wanting to be "discovered" or searching for their 15 min. of fame. But I think they could get one more season out of it, especially if it was already in production while this one ran...or if it was a sex reversal one with a bunch of heavy guys competing for the love of one of the runner ups (not Malissa though...she just seemed like she was in it for the competition).
    As a former writer and editor, truncating words is not much of a problem for me. However, in the beginning, I guess I got a little un-PG13 or something.

As for the PM, I don't even know how I would pick up the messages. Is there something on this board that explains it?

I said elsewhere MTL could be about any type of people: lefties, tall people, short people, etc. All they have to do is change the title. As for having one of the rejected ladies on, since MTL was a summer fill-in, most or all of these ladies will have found a relationship by that time. Everyone deserves love. JMHO.

+ Reply to Thread