+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: More To Love - Fox *Screencaps* and Spoilers Discussion

Re: More To Love - Fox *Screencaps* and Spoilers Discussion

Fleiss really did follow the Flavor of Love(Flavor Flav)/Vh1 formula mixed with the Bachelor with this show. Unfortunately, because of the network itís on we didnít get to enjoy as many of the similarities without the 2 hour format.

For Example:

Luke gave out rings, instead of roses, like Flavís clocks.

The women stayed on the same premises as Luke just like on Flavor Flav. They did this once on the bachelor during Byronís season but Flavor Flav did it first and continued to do it in spin-offs.

The girls being surprised 1 by 1 with family visits and going out on dates with them with all the girls still in the house. Doing this started with Flavor Flav vs. the Bachelor usual of visiting the girls hometowns individually.

The families of all 4 girls also had dinner with Luke and all the girls the day of F3 ring ceremony and were at the actual ring ceremony. We didnít get to see it because of the 1 hour show. Another reason for 2 hour show. Flavor Flav spinoff, Rock of Love, added this onto Flav's version of meet the families.

Then, there is all 3 girls arriving at the same fantasy date location together vs. the Bachelors girls having separate fantasy dates locations or same location but arriving separately and not seeing each other. I knew who the final 3 were from the beginning based on the screen caps showing them in Hawaii. Flavor Flav always traveled with the girls together and had dinner with them in the exotic date location hotel before starting individual dates with the girls the next day.

The whole idea of keeping the girls to interact with each other for the whole show is based on Flavor of Love. Flavor Flavís girls stayed together in the same mansion all the way through to the F2 final dates and were even at the finale ceremony together. Whereas the Bachelor girls are together until the F4 are chosen then they stay separate and never see each other except at the rose ceremonies. They also never live in the mansion again after the F4 and stay separately in hotels Ďtil the end. The More to Love girls were kept together also all the way through the F2 ring ceremony. They will continue to stay together in the mannsion and interact next week. They came home to the mansion from F2 ring ceremony and 1 will stay there while the other goes to Lukeís hometown and vice versa. Then both are back at mansion to meet Lukeís mom and are staying there while each one goes on their final date with Luke. They donít separate Ďtil after their final date to go to hotel right before final ring ceremony so the mansion can be made ready and the girls arrive separately not knowing who came first and was sent home. The MTL girls are under way more stress over the multiple dating situation than the bachelor girls get to be separate and alone at F4. Itís one thing to be alone and wonder how the family dates and final dates went. Itís another to know how they went from the girls themselves. Hence, already unstable Mandyís reaction to Malissaís family date.

All we need is a reunion show. Unfortunately, I donít know that weíll get one. Hellís kitchen is having a double show next week to make up for the missed show this week. The show being on the Fox network which only has 2 hours for primetime shows instead of the normal 3 makes it hard to have a 2 hour show much less a reunion show. If the show came back for another season it would be good if it were 2 hours but unlikely with it being on the same network. Itís too bad because we miss a lot. I would hope there might be an interview update on the couple but because of the network, ratings, and lack of publicity there probably wonít be.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3701508;
    Interesting posts, nikki_26! You've obviously put some thought into the edit. As someone who would prefer Tali over Malissa, I hope you're right. You make some really good points, especially about Tali's "insecurities." I hope we'll get some sort of follow up in-depth interview with Tali, Malissa and Luke at some point after tonight's finale. I'm really curious to learn more about what we didn't see that went in to Luke's decision.
    I'll second that. This is way I am seeing it too. The edit is so goofy and we don't know what they had in mind. So when I add the SCs into play I think it will go towards Tali. I never could figure out the edits anyway unless I knew the final outcome and then I could piece the puzzle together.

The BIG question is, do you think they are still together?

I too would like to see an interview. I know there is lots we didn't see. I saw picture of the girls in their Ring Ceremony (the last four) dresses, seated in chairs with the parents behind them. Did I miss something? The parents were at that Ring Ceremony? I don't think I dreamed that!!

I miss the old pros who would bring great SCs that I could scour. We don't have many to go on this time..

EDT sorry I see my question was answered about the families being at the ring ceremony. You can see I really didn't pay much attention to this show. I think I should have. I think I would have enjoyed it more than watching it in a marathon online.
    Last edited by onlyme; 09-15-2009 at 02:05 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3701521;
    A reminder for West Coasters--the show starts tonight at SEVEN instead of at eight.
    I love being on the West Coast I get to know 3hrs early!! Except for tonight I have to be at play practice at 7pm. Well it will be 10 est so maybe I will just be a little late for practice.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3701511;
    Whew, thanxs for letting me know because i would have tuned in at 9:00 & would have been really ticked off.

Ooooh, I wouldn't want to be around if Raisin gets ticked off!! Hey, just playing with words. Hope you and all of us enjoy the show tonight. The TV section of The Washington Post states "Luke makes an interesting proposal....." That is beginning to sound like there might not be an engagement, which actually is a good thing considering how fast everything has happened. I'll just be happy if he makes some kind of commitment to Tali and she accepts.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3701659;
    Ooooh, I wouldn't want to be around if Raisin gets ticked off!! Hey, just playing with words. Hope you and all of us enjoy the show tonight. The TV section of The Washington Post states "Luke makes an interesting proposal....." That is beginning to sound like there might not be an engagement, which actually is a good thing considering how fast everything has happened. I'll just be happy if he makes some kind of commitment to Tali and she accepts.
    Hmmmm.....yea it sounds like the ring turns into a friendship ring with possibility of marriage or something like that.

One thing i am worried about tonite though is with this site it has a tendancy to get clogged up, slows down, or just stops working when too many people try to post. Tonite is also the finale of Big Brother (snooze) so i figure there's gonna be alot of people on FORT tonite, hope i can post w/o too much aggrivation.

FORT Newbie

This may be slightly OT but does anyone know where I can watch this online tonight? I don't have cable. I've been watching it on hulu.com the next day but waiting may do me in. And then I have to decide if I'll "cheat" by coming here and reading before watching it.

I sure hope Luke picks Tali!

Someone on another board posted that they talked about overweight people today on GMA that included clips from the show including one of the proposal and the woman did not have black hair. Don't know how accurate that is or what scene they showed.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Maybe the unusual proposal is centered around Luke not really knowing whether Malissa loves him. I liked her response when he was trying to get her to assure him that she liked him - he said he didn't really know - or it was a big risk - something to that effect. Malissa came back with "well, that makes two of us." I wonder if she will keep him guessing til he says something first at the FRC. That would be an interesting ending - I have never liked having the contestants pour out their hearts and then get rejected ! Malissa says she will marry him but maybe she holds back the "love" word.

As lovely as Tali seems, her child like mannerisms at times on the boat date (the pouting before she went in to the water, mentionning about not bringing her "jammies") makes me think she is looking for comfort and care taking rather than a more equal footing in the relationship. I could be way off base - just thinking outside the box !

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3701917;
    Someone on another board posted that they talked about overweight people today on GMA that included clips from the show including one of the proposal and the woman did not have black hair. Don't know how accurate that is or what scene they showed.
    I saw the GMA thing. It showed the same SC we have here so no hair was showing. I'd have remembered that if I had of seen hair and would have came here imediately. I am going to enjoy being here tonight what ever may ormay not happen, it's been fun.
    It's got to be love.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3701863;
    Hmmmm.....yea it sounds like the ring turns into a friendship ring with possibility of marriage or something like that.

One thing i am worried about tonite though is with this site it has a tendancy to get clogged up, slows down, or just stops working when too many people try to post. Tonite is also the finale of Big Brother (snooze) so i figure there's gonna be alot of people on FORT tonite, hope i can post w/o too much aggrivation.
    Critical said the More to Love site is locked down while the program is on. You're right about the finale of BB (snooze). The last time everyone bombarded the board, it crashed for three days. Once the program starts, I'm off the computer until tomorrow morning.

+ Reply to Thread