+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: More To Love - Fox *Screencaps* and Spoilers Discussion

Re: More To Love - Fox *Screencaps* and Spoilers Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;3701228;
    I've posted that it makes more sense to me that he pick Malissa because I see Tali as dependent and not so sure of herself. But Luke may want to be "her floatie" - and I have to say that I would not want to read the report that Luke couldn't keep his hands off of Tali - if I were Malissa. So either way, I guess I won't be surprised. It's also possible that the producers will give us a few more reasons tomorrow night as to why one is more suitable than the other. Strange show - and interesting that there have been no leaks about the two finalists ....

I donít think Tali is dependent on Luke, unsure of herself or insecure. There is a big difference between cocky and being secure in yourself. Malissa is cocky and believed none of the girls could touch her in the competition. Hence, her behavior on the boat group date claiming Luke as her date and her many actions and statements since then. However, even she has insecurities about her looks due to her recent weight gain. She mentioned as much when she stated at the spa date how uncomfortable she felt wearing a bathing suit. Malissaís while being curvy beforehand just recently got significantly overweight. So, she hasnít had to deal long term with dating and being overweight. Therefore, her personality and cockiness from her life pre-weight gain, and lets not forget the TWINS, helped add to her confidence in this setting.

Tali, on the other hand has been overweight for a longer time and comes from a culture that believes in itís women being more covered up. Then, you have her being on 4, count Ďem 4, bathing suit dates. There was the first group pool date at a mansion, the 3-on-1 beach date, the spa date, the scuba fantasy date. The editors then took that one time she talked about being insecure in a bathing suit and used the voiceover on her fantasy date and placed it right before the point where you see her talking on the beach saying, ďsuck in Tali, breathe, and just do itĒ to make it seem like she was again talking about the bathing suit. When in reality she was talking about sucking up to go ahead and get in the water and scuba dive even though she was afraid. I donít see Tali having a fear/phobia of large bodies of water or drowning to be an insecurity or mean she would be dependent on Luke. If thatís the case anyone learning to swim that grabs onto their instructor has a dependent personality or anyone whose afraid to fly or of spiders, etc.

Taliís insecurity about being in a bathing suit is a normal thing that women of all sizes go through and especially understandable considering her cultural background. Taliís concerns about dating & weight are valid and realistic based on her own experiences in dating. Tali has otherwise shown herself to be very secure and independent. She secure in her intelligence, career, who she is, and who and what she wants out of life. She left Israel on her own and has made a life and career for herself. She knows sheís prepared to handle all the hurdles she and Luke might face. Sheís only trying to find out if Luke is. Tali was realistically aware that there were other beautiful, intelligent women competing for Luke. Therefore, despite the connection she felt between them, and knowing the fact that Luke couldnít fully disclose his feelings, she realized he could be interested in someone more. Add in the religious/cultural issues she had a valid concern throughout that he might send her home and pick someone else. Even with that as a possibility she has handled the stress of being in this isolated, abnormal, polygamous dating situation very well and with class. She even has a game plan for a bit of sorrow, some comfort from family, and then moving on if Luke chose someone else.

I also donít see the fact that Tali has fallen in love with Luke, someone some feel is not in her league (I donít), as a sign of her insecurity. Women , or for that matter men, donít always have to have their intellectual/physical/class/status match to be in love and have a lasting marriage. Some women only care that they have an honest, caring, individual who loves them unconditionally, supports them, and is committed to doing everything it takes to make the marriage work. Tali could have dated a lot of men on her ďlevelĒ who didnít treat her right or have the basic values about relationships and marriage that she did. Only Tali knows if Luke meets what sheís been looking for, especially since she is the one who actually got to spend time with Luke in person and know who he is unedited. I think Tali has shown herself to be very mature, secure, and independent considering the circumstances she was in. JMO(sorry for long post)

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;3701444;
    I donít think Tali is dependent on Luke, unsure of herself or insecure. There is a big difference between cocky and being secure in yourself. Malissa is cocky and believed none of the girls could touch her in the competition. Hence, her behavior on the boat group date claiming Luke as her date and her many actions and statements since then. However, even she has insecurities about her looks due to her recent weight gain. She mentioned as much when she stated at the spa date how uncomfortable she felt wearing a bathing suit. Malissaís while being curvy beforehand just recently got significantly overweight. So, she hasnít had to deal long term with dating and being overweight. Therefore, her personality and cockiness from her life pre-weight gain, and lets not forget the TWINS, helped add to her confidence in this setting.

Tali, on the other hand has been overweight for a longer time and comes from a culture that believes in itís women being more covered up. Then, you have her being on 4, count Ďem 4, bathing suit dates. There was the first group pool date at a mansion, the 3-on-1 beach date, the spa date, the scuba fantasy date. The editors then took that one time she talked about being insecure in a bathing suit and used the voiceover on her fantasy date and placed it right before the point where you see her talking on the beach saying, ďsuck in Tali, breathe, and just do itĒ to make it seem like she was again talking about the bathing suit. When in reality she was talking about sucking up to go ahead and get in the water and scuba dive even though she was afraid. I donít see Tali having a fear/phobia of large bodies of water or drowning to be an insecurity or mean she would be dependent on Luke. If thatís the case anyone learning to swim that grabs onto their instructor has a dependent personality or anyone whose afraid to fly or of spiders, etc.

Taliís insecurity about being in a bathing suit is a normal thing that women of all sizes go through and especially understandable considering her cultural background. Taliís concerns about dating & weight are valid and realistic based on her own experiences in dating. Tali has otherwise shown herself to be very secure and independent. She secure in her intelligence, career, who she is, and who and what she wants out of life. She left Israel on her own and has made a life and career for herself. She knows sheís prepared to handle all the hurdles she and Luke might face. Sheís only trying to find out if Luke is. Tali was realistically aware that there were other beautiful, intelligent women competing for Luke. Therefore, despite the connection she felt between them, and knowing the fact that Luke couldnít fully disclose his feelings, she realized he could be interested in someone more. Add in the religious/cultural issues she had a valid concern throughout that he might send her home and pick someone else. Even with that as a possibility she has handled the stress of being in this isolated, abnormal, polygamous dating situation very well and with class. She even has a game plan for a bit of sorrow, some comfort from family, and then moving on if Luke chose someone else.

I also donít see the fact that Tali has fallen in love with Luke, someone some feel is not in her league (I donít), as a sign of her insecurity. Women , or for that matter men, donít always have to have their intellectual/physical/class/status match to be in love and have a lasting marriage. Some women only care that they have an honest, caring, individual who loves them unconditionally, supports them, and is committed to doing everything it takes to make the marriage work. Tali could have dated a lot of men on her ďlevelĒ who didnít treat her right or have the basic values about relationships and marriage that she did. Only Tali knows if Luke meets what sheís been looking for, especially since she is the one who actually got to spend time with Luke in person and know who he is unedited. I think Tali has shown herself to be very mature, secure, and independent considering the circumstances she was in. JMO(sorry for long post)
    Great post! ITA!

Just a reminder for everyone here on the Board !! Tonight's show starts one hour earlier than the other weeks . It begins at 8:00 Eastern Time instead of 9:00. Happy viewing !!

Nikkij 26 - you bring up some excellent points and you well could be right - certainly more viewer satisfying if Tali wins. I totally agree that Malissa has not been shown in the best light. I do not see Tali as secure but I realize the producers can play with the edit to show just about anything. It will be interesting - thinking about Malissa telling Luke that she knows she is the one, that he is going out with others, kissing them etc but that's all it is. And Luke's response is - that's what you really think ? .... Ouch !

[QUOTE=Columbia, MD;3701175;]Hi, Enterpriselady: I've looked at these photos until my eyes crossed. Can't make anything out of them. However, in the first one, the hallway is in the background which is where the ladies walked to the platform, it would seem.
    If that's true the whole bunch of pictures is suspect. JMHO.

P.S. I changed my avatar, but I'm still here!! Still a Trekker, but letting it take a background seat.[/QUOTE

Hey Columbia!! How ya doing?

I wish I could bring the pic over with the squiggley line circled or something to show you what I mean. But I don't know how. I looked at the pics again and I am not sure what you mean about the hallway in the background. What I see behind Malissa (giant floral print) is not the same as what I see behind Luke (looks like candles in doorway). I think maybe it might be a pool house behind Luke while the girls exit from the house. But I could be wrong. I am not all that good at sleuthing these things out. I miss the ladies that are usually on the Bachelor(ette) threads. They are all so incredible.

Anyway I am pulling for Tali. I like her so much better than catty Malissa. But we shall see tonight!

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=enterpriselady;3701490;]
    Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3701175;
    Hi, Enterpriselady: I've looked at these photos until my eyes crossed. Can't make anything out of them. However, in the first one, the hallway is in the background which is where the ladies walked to the platform, it would seem.
    If that's true the whole bunch of pictures is suspect. JMHO.

P.S. I changed my avatar, but I'm still here!! Still a Trekker, but letting it take a background seat.[/QUOTE

Hey Columbia!! How ya doing?

I wish I could bring the pic over with the squiggley line circled or something to show you what I mean. But I don't know how. I looked at the pics again and I am not sure what you mean about the hallway in the background. What I see behind Malissa (giant floral print) is not the same as what I see behind Luke (looks like candles in doorway). I think maybe it might be a pool house behind Luke while the girls exit from the house. But I could be wrong. I am not all that good at sleuthing these things out. I miss the ladies that are usually on the Bachelor(ette) threads. They are all so incredible.

Anyway I am pulling for Tali. I like her so much better than catty Malissa. But we shall see tonight!
    Doing good, Enterpriselady. As for the pictures, you have to save them into your own picture file and then bring it over. That's how I got the new avatar on here, but that was easy. I refuse to obsess over this show any longer; in a bit more than 12 hrs. it will be over.

I'm pulling for Tali also. Here's hoping!!

Interesting posts, nikki_26! You've obviously put some thought into the edit. As someone who would prefer Tali over Malissa, I hope you're right. You make some really good points, especially about Tali's "insecurities." I hope we'll get some sort of follow up in-depth interview with Tali, Malissa and Luke at some point after tonight's finale. I'm really curious to learn more about what we didn't see that went in to Luke's decision.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by JMFan;3701470;
    Just a reminder for everyone here on the Board !! Tonight's show starts one hour earlier than the other weeks . It begins at 8:00 Eastern Time instead of 9:00. Happy viewing !!
    Whew, thanxs for letting me know because i would have tuned in at 9:00 & would have been really ticked off.

FORT Fogey

A reminder for West Coasters--the show starts tonight at SEVEN instead of at eight.

[QUOTE=Columbia, MD;3701503;]
    Quote Originally Posted by enterpriselady;3701490;

Doing good, Enterpriselady. As for the pictures, you have to save them into your own picture file and then bring it over. That's how I got the new avatar on here, but that was easy. I refuse to obsess over this show any longer; in a bit more than 12 hrs. it will be over.
    I'm pulling for Tali also. Here's hoping!!

I hear ya! And agree with ya! I will be watching tonight to see what happens. I am hoping they will do some kind of follow-up show to see how everyone is doing now. Dare we hope that a real love match will happen??? Probably not but at least we would know for sure.

+ Reply to Thread