+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: More To Love - Fox *Screencaps* and Spoilers Discussion

Re: More To Love - Fox *Screencaps* and Spoilers Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by JMFan;3700043;
    I don't know if this was mentioned upthread when the show first came on, but I just read an article on-line from late July that says originally they were going to call the show " The Fatchelor ". I'm sure glad that someone vetoed that idea ! Yuck.
    Sorry, but that would have made me think the guy had a flatulence problem. (hey, it had to be said )
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain".

"Save the earth - it's the only planet with chocolate!"

I think the edit is pointing to Malissa winning. She has been involved in every episode - the kissing in spanish on the first night, the tub soak at the spa, the long (10 hours) one on one date at the winery - and then the sisters' visit and Hawaii. We did not see Tali really until the visit with her aunt and uncle - we saw a little at the spa foot massage. I wouldn't have given her a second thought if it hadn't been for the reporter saying that Luke and she could not keep their hands off of each other. I think the producers have showed Malissa "bragging" about her dates - telling the other girls what Luke has said to her on purpose to make her look mean - not particularly nice but what was she to say - oh it was ok - nothing special. For all we know the girls may have agreed to tell each other what went on so they would be prepared and know how to size up their situation with him. We aren't shown what the others say when they are asked about their time with him. I don't think Malissa is so bad - she hasn't captured me the way some Bachelor contestants have - but she has told us that Luke tells her how beautiful she is, how they have everything in common, and have "sexual tension !" - I think she honestly feels that way - and she obviously knows Tali more that we do and feels that Tali and Luke would not be a match. Can't blame her for her opinions. She was asked - and she answered the question ! It seems that Luke and Malissa are comfortable with each other - and he is concerned as to her feelings. He wants to know if she is serious about wanting to be with him - what their life would involve after the show etc. I remember Chris Harrison saying Jason was always asking how Molly felt - he cared what she thought - and that he didn't do that with the other girls. Tali is lovely - no doubt - but my concern is that she is still insecure. She is well spoken and maybe the producers are finding ways to emphasize her insecurity and discomfort with her body, self esteem etc to cause doubt in the same way Malissa's character has been brought into doubt. Who's to know what these girls are really like ? ! I know my younger sister never baby sat for my children and she lived nearby - she had never babysat for a job - and just felt uncomfortable with small children - but she has been a superb mother - and was really outstanding when her kids were teenagers ! The girls seem to like Malissa - Mandy gave her a good hug good bye - so it remains to be seen which girl Luke thinks he would be happiest with. The only hurdle for Malissa is whether she is serious - or in it for the win - but for Tali there appear to be life changing differences - not to say it can't be done but is Luke up for the challenge ?

One other thing - Malissa lives in California and Tali lives in New York - that presents problems for Tali imo.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3699106;
    Here's the funny thing. I don't think that religion is the issue - because honestly, neither strike me as religious zealots. That can be worked out, as so many couples do.
    I see the "cultural differences" as being that she has culture and class, and his is in question. He would need to elevate his game a lot. The question is whether he wants to do it.
    What strikes me about Tali is that we all see this beautiful, mature, cultured person, but if you watch closely she is insecure - about her body, her self worth, she sells herself short. Sadly, I think she would take him.
    Malissa would take him just to win the show, and probably trade him for a few good lottery tickets.
    I think we are agreeing?
    Ha! Spit my coffee out on that one, sdl. LOLOL You may be right about Tali's insecurities. She seems very content when he wraps himself around her. It probably makes her feel small and protected. The only problem will come when she has to have a "real" conversation with him.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyme;3699922;
    I don't know why I have become so obsessed with figuring out these proposal SCs but I HAVE!!

I only just saw the episodes for the first time on Friday. I am trying hard to be objective but I do favor Tali. With that said, I still think she is F1. In the SC of Tali coming up to Luke there is a plant (green) on the left with a spot light on it. When Tali is put into position, the usual F1 spot, the plant is still on the left so I don't think that picture is flipped so I think Tali is in the F1 spot. I think Fleiss is sticking to the traditional spots and our proposal pics are taken from behind the podium which was pointed out on another board that I read.

Also I saw a pic of Malissa coming in with her hair swept to the left side when I look at the shot. She usually wears it that way. It appears to be that way when she is in the SC with Luke. She is in the F2 position. Unless they have flipped the entrance photo. So with that being said I don't think the pic we have of her and Luke is flipped. I did at first and don't really want to go into the details to say why (something with the way Luke's jacket is buttoned). I have since decided the pic is not flipped based on Malissa's hair. So I think she is in the traditional F2. I hope all of that made sense.

Of course I could be completely wrong. I am not sleuthing, so if any more SCs show up can someone post them. I have also noticed (well maybe I am sleuthing) that Malissa has a few 'markings' on her left cheek and Luke's left ear lobe has a crease in it. That didn't help in the SCs I saw tho!

I am just so stubborn and want to figure out the puzzle.
    Hey, don't give up, onlyme! The analysis done by various posters is far more interesting than the actual show, lol. It'll be interesting to see how these posts play against the actual show tomorrow. Thanks for your take on the SCs!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3700428;
    Hey, don't give up, onlyme! The analysis done by various posters is far more interesting than the actual show, lol. It'll be interesting to see how these posts play against the actual show tomorrow. Thanks for your take on the SCs!
    Thanks I'msotired. The episodes were kind of boring at times to watch. I viewed them all online. I can see where Cerese is coming from about the editing. She makes good points. It sure appears that Malissa and Luke are quite comfortable together. I haven't analysed any of the edit, etc. I am looking at the SCs. It appears to me that Tali is in the F1 spot and you know the saying...SCs don't lie.

I am pretty confident Malissa is on the traditional F2 side. But who knows maybe they are changing everything up this time. I am sticking with Tali based on SCs.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3699093;
    BUT.....the question is: does he see Malissa the way she's shown herself, or does he see what he wants to see? As for Tali, as I stated before, he has to decide how many changes he's willing to make in his life to keep up with her. I believe she's aware of the changes she will need to make.

I hope he picks Tali. Otherwise it ends up another Fleiss fiasco.
    I think the BIGGER question is if any of us see these girls how they really are? Honestly we know they are all manipulated and pushed to act certain ways from the get go. And TPTB have hours and hours of tape to pick out this and that. They could make the nicest gal look like a conniving beeotch, and vice versa. I am pretty sure they are all decent girls with maybe the exception of Lauren. JMO. I think Luke would be lucky to be with most of the girls on the show. He is no prize. I would like to see a good looking man be the bachelor. Healthy handsome men DO like curvy women too. Luke is a bumbling oaf.....lol

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3700424;
    Ha! Spit my coffee out on that one, sdl. LOLOL You may be right about Tali's insecurities. She seems very content when he wraps himself around her. It probably makes her feel small and protected. The only problem will come when she has to have a "real" conversation with him.
    Imsotired--hi.

I usually agree with your posts but I am going to disagree somewhat this time.

IMO they have ALL had "real conversations" with Luke but we don't get to see any of them. We only see what serves the "premise" or theme of the show--"Big women trying to find love."

I have to add that Tali's behavior around Luke reminds me of someone in a certain situation. Me. I'm not exactly an idiot (more than one college degree) but at one time I dated a guy I really cared about but the only thing I could do when I was around him was giggle.

It's embarrassing to think about even now. But I couldn't get a whole sentence out when I was around him, never mind trying to make it something intelligent.

Physical attraction can do that sometimes.
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 09-14-2009 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3700624;
    Imsotired--hi.

I usually agree with your posts but I am going to disagree somewhat this time.

IMO they have ALL had "real conversations" with Luke but we don't get to see any of them. We only see what serves the "premise" or theme of the show--"Big women trying to find love."

I have to add that Tali's behavior around Luke reminds me of someone in a certain situation. Me. I'm not exactly an idiot (more than one college degree) but at one time I dated a guy I really cared about but the only thing I could do when I was around him was giggle.

It's embarrassing to think about even now. But I couldn't get a whole sentence out when I was around him, never mind trying to make it something intelligent.

Physical attraction can do that sometimes.
    You make a good point about conversations being edited out of the show we see. I guess I should say, "based on what I've seen, I don't feel Luke is someone who would hold my attention." I know what you mean about a guy making you daft, though, lol. I remember being 20, delivering some tv guides to a hotel (a weekly part of my summer job then), and having this guy who was leaving hold the door open for me. He was the most gorgeous man I'd ever seen. I opened my mouth to say, "thank you," but nothing came out. I just stood there, mouth open, and watched him walk out and drive away. LOL About 2 full minutes later, I finally whispered, "thank you!" Seeing him made my day, but I still remember how I had my "cartoon moment." I guess I should try to see that maybe Luke "rings their bell" the way that guy did mine, lol.

FORT Fogey

Does anyone know what page the Hawaii dates screencaps are on? Or what post #. Someone on another thread brought up something I'd like to check out. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3700994;
    Does anyone know what page the Hawaii dates screencaps are on? Or what post #. Someone on another thread brought up something I'd like to check out. Thanks in advance.
    Starting in this thread at post #211 and on.

+ Reply to Thread