+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: More To Love - Fox *Screencaps* and Spoilers Discussion

Re: More To Love - Fox *Screencaps* and Spoilers Discussion

The problem with Mandy or Tali being the F1 - they haven't had a one on one date - how could they be accepting an engagement ? I would think the producers would have to make some sort of acceptable story here ...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;3684401;
    The problem with Mandy or Tali being the F1 - they haven't had a one on one date - how could they be accepting an engagement ? I would think the producers would have to make some sort of acceptable story here ...
    With the show only being one hour, there may have been time with Mandy or Tali that we have never seen. Who knows?

As for an acceptable story, we need to remember this is a Fleiss production and nothing more than a TV show for entertainment.

Doubt that anything that comes out of this will last.

FORT Newbie

Hello to everyone. I've been a lurker on this board for a while so I thought I would join in.

Just my opinion, but in looking at the final screen shots, I think Mandy is the F1. I have the same skin tone as Mandy, and my arms always tan on the top, but never really much underneath, unless I lay out and flip them! Also watch the way Luke looks at her. I noticed on the last show he smiles at lot at her, and they laugh when they are together. I don't see that as much with the others. Mandy was not my favorite until this past episode.

I do like Mandy and Tali. They don't seem to be overly hung up about their weight. Not to mention they just look like healthy, active, confident women to me. I don't think Tali is a classic American beauty as far as her looks go, but by no means is she "ugly" as some feel. I just think she looks ethnic, but is pretty. Actually I think most of these women who were on this show were quite attractive, even the largest ones had beautiful features.

This show has such potential. I am disappointed at the level of conversation that is taking place (or should I say that they are showing). I am not finding out anything about any of these women, or Luke for that matter. I can't believe he is that dry and monotone in real life. I also don't like how much they are focusing on food on this show. It's bizarre! Too bad the producers feel the need to emphasize the obvious, which just reinforces the stereotyping that the media has put on women who are more than a size 4. Being a normal size 12 myself, I am happy there are men out there who prefer a "normal" woman who can go out to dinner and actually eat!

That is my 2 (or 4) cents worth.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3682837;
    No argument at all.
    I have been a strong advocate of Tali because I think she is pretty and seems mature BUT I won't go to the mat for any of them because I don't feel like I know them at all. Honestly, all I know about these girls at this point is that they are considered overweight, and they are portrayed as being obsessed with it.
    For a show that has as it's premise that people come in all shapes and sizes, and love isn't limited to skinny girls, the producers seem hypocritical in making every minute of every episode about size.
    If Mandy wins, great. I don't think Luke is that much of a prize, but then again, how would I know? We don't know anything of substance about any of these people.....and wouldn't you guys agree that this is increasingly the trend in Fleiss' productions? The conversations are so devoid of any substance - they even scolded Luke (according to the LA Times) when he gets into conversations about "belief systems." God forbid that they talk about stuff that matters.
    My gosh, the only way we knew anything about Ed - the pathological liar Jillian picked - is from what we found out for ourselves and was later confirmed in the media. Since we don't have last names on any of the contestants this season, the trail is really cold.
    I've watched every episode of MTL and am still wondering, "who are these people?"

SDL--hi. Always good to see your thoughts.

As you know I tend to do my own readings on the contestants of these match-up shows based on the "energy/connnection" I perceive between the various couples.

My own reading is that Luke and Tali have the strongest connection in terms of the amount--and kind--of energy they generate and exchange when together.

This does not predict who he'll end up with-or even who he'll pick. But I do remind everyone of my reading of Molly's buttons--and the kind of energy-blocking those produced--during that Batchelor season.
    (And I know that will sound weird to anyone not familiar with the work a lot of us did in relation to that show.)

Another way for me to state my reading is to say that I perceive the energy as flowing smoothly and easily between Luke and Tali. More easily than between Luke and anyone else.

I hope that makes sense to someone else besides me.
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 08-30-2009 at 06:25 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3674536;
    From what little they've shown us, Tali seems to be the only one who is intelligent, mature, thoughtful, articulate, and doesn't wallow in her tears in every interview. Plus, I think she is beautiful.
    Here's what I can't figure out.....they say she is 5'4" and 190lbs? I've looked at her from every angle and I can't find the fat. She has huge boobs but so does Malissa, who has about the same dimensions, and Malissa looks a lot heavier. Heather is just obese.
    Has anyone seen a picture in which Tali looks as fat as any of the others?

SDL--I agree with you. I can't see Tali as 190 lbs. Unless--and I mean this seriously and not as dissing her--her bones are very very dense--IE heavy.

FORT Newbie

I looked at the weights of those women. Some seemed very low (ridiculously so) and some very high. I can't believe Tali is 190 pounds either! If she was 5'4" and 190, she'd be a BIG girl. I have a good 3 inches on her and weigh less and I don't think I look much different from her!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by smb71;3684851;
    I looked at the weights of those women. Some seemed very low (ridiculously so) and some very high. I can't believe Tali is 190 pounds either! If she was 5'4" and 190, she'd be a BIG girl. I have a good 3 inches on her and weigh less and I don't think I look much different from her!
    She IS BIG. She has a big butt and big legs. And a big head. And a big ego. I think she weighs every bit of 190

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by smb71;3684422;
    Just my opinion, but in looking at the final screen shots, I think Mandy is the F1.......Mandy was not my favorite until this past episode.

I am not finding out anything about any of these women, or Luke for that matter. I can't believe he is that dry and monotone in real life. I also don't like how much they are focusing on food on this show. It's bizarre! Too bad the producers feel the need to emphasize the obvious, which just reinforces the stereotyping that the media has put on women who are more than a size 4. Being a normal size 12 myself, I am happy there are men out there who prefer a "normal" woman who can go out to dinner and actually eat!
    First off thanxs for posting your thoughts.

Yea i agree with you on ever point but what i dont understand is if Mandy is going to be the F1 why did the producers/editors wait until last week before we knew anything about her. She's been almost invisible for most of the show. How are we suppose to be excited about a girl we've just gotten to know a week ago. But yea from what ive seen i like her too.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3685466;
    First off thanxs for posting your thoughts.

Yea i agree with you on ever point but what i dont understand is if Mandy is going to be the F1 why did the producers/editors wait until last week before we knew anything about her. She's been almost invisible for most of the show. How are we suppose to be excited about a girl we've just gotten to know a week ago. But yea from what ive seen i like her too.
    I think they saw Heather going all the way. To bad she had a head on her shoulders and was fun to be with. To bad it didn't work out that way. Wonder if Luke feels he should have never let her go.

FORT Fanatic

i don't think tali is any bigger or smaller than the remaining women. she is interesting, has confidence and intelligence going for her. if luke is educated, these should be qualities he would appreciate in a woman/his wife/mother of his children.

+ Reply to Thread