+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: More To Love - Fox *Screencaps* and Spoilers Discussion

sdl

Re: More To Love - Fox *Screencaps* and Spoilers Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3682683;
    No 3G for iPhone here in northern lower Michigan. It is really slow.

sdl you know they come in all types so you can have Tali. everyone knows I prefer Mandy.

Other than that you are so right about the others and this so fake show. It's a low budget masacre. I just like figuring out who finishes in what place and why.
    No argument at all.
    I have been a strong advocate of Tali because I think she is pretty and seems mature BUT I won't go to the mat for any of them because I don't feel like I know them at all. Honestly, all I know about these girls at this point is that they are considered overweight, and they are portrayed as being obsessed with it.
    For a show that has as it's premise that people come in all shapes and sizes, and love isn't limited to skinny girls, the producers seem hypocritical in making every minute of every episode about size.
    If Mandy wins, great. I don't think Luke is that much of a prize, but then again, how would I know? We don't know anything of substance about any of these people.....and wouldn't you guys agree that this is increasingly the trend in Fleiss' productions? The conversations are so devoid of any substance - they even scolded Luke (according to the LA Times) when he gets into conversations about "belief systems." God forbid that they talk about stuff that matters.
    My gosh, the only way we knew anything about Ed - the pathological liar Jillian picked - is from what we found out for ourselves and was later confirmed in the media. Since we don't have last names on any of the contestants this season, the trail is really cold.
    I've watched every episode of MTL and am still wondering, "who are these people?"

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3682837;
    No argument at all.
    I have been a strong advocate of Tali because I think she is pretty and seems mature BUT I won't go to the mat for any of them because I don't feel like I know them at all. Honestly, all I know about these girls at this point is that they are considered overweight, and they are portrayed as being obsessed with it.
    For a show that has as it's premise that people come in all shapes and sizes, and love isn't limited to skinny girls, the producers seem hypocritical in making every minute of every episode about size.
    If Mandy wins, great. I don't think Luke is that much of a prize, but then again, how would I know? We don't know anything of substance about any of these people.....and wouldn't you guys agree that this is increasingly the trend in Fleiss' productions? The conversations are so devoid of any substance - they even scolded Luke (according to the LA Times) when he gets into conversations about "belief systems." God forbid that they talk about stuff that matters.
    My gosh, the only way we knew anything about Ed - the pathological liar Jillian picked - is from what we found out for ourselves and was later confirmed in the media. Since we don't have last names on any of the contestants this season, the trail is really cold.
    I've watched every episode of MTL and am still wondering, "who are these people?"
    sdl I love the way you view these shows and see a different side of you when you are not sleuthing and reporting spoilers. And I like it.

Anna, Mandy, Tali all F4 and we haven't seen any of them on a serious 1 on 1 date. Malissa has been all over our TV screens from the day the show started and few if any believe she is F1. Serious talk from these two never. It's only been about Luke making out with the one who shows off the giant boobs all the time. Can we trust that with only four left we might learn something meaningful about them. With only one hour format and Fliess choosing probably not. Think of all the precious time spent with Mel B and Heather and now what, they are gone. Doesn't make much sence. It's really disappointing. This show has an interesting premise and could have been so much better IMHO.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3682837;
    No argument at all.

Yeah, who are they? We don't know anything about the ladies on the show. It's impossible to get more info without that.

FORT Newbie

Just a thought Luke really hasn't fallen for any of the girls left, maybe he second guess himself on one of the girls he sent home. I feelling he picks mandy in the end anyway. In the end when they meet up again Luke breaks up with her, his though I picked her because she was the girl he least liked and made it simple to make the split.

I'm feeling that Luke isn't feeling close to any of these girl left he still propases to one of them. I feel for her when that breakup happens.

Luke has a contract to fulfill in order to get paid. One of them is to get one of the girls to accept propasal. I think another one is they have to stay together a stated amount of time. As far as the ring goes I believe 6 months together or she returns the ring..

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3681829;
    Thanks for the explanation -- most of them seem to be reopened now.
    They should ALL be open. If you see one that we missed, please let me or a mod know
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by swag9900;3683324;
    Just a thought Luke really hasn't fallen for any of the girls left, maybe he second guess himself on one of the girls he sent home. I feelling he picks mandy in the end anyway. In the end when they meet up again Luke breaks up with her, his though I picked her because she was the girl he least liked and made it simple to make the split.

I'm feeling that Luke isn't feeling close to any of these girl left he still propases to one of them. I feel for her when that breakup happens.

Luke has a contract to fulfill in order to get paid. One of them is to get one of the girls to accept propasal. I think another one is they have to stay together a stated amount of time. As far as the ring goes I believe 6 months together or she returns the ring..
    Wit all due respect, I don't think that the contract requires a proposal. There was a fraudulent contract posted on the web a couple of years ago that purported to say that, in language that lawyers never use, and it was confirmed to be a fake. I've read all of the real contracts, and they say that neither a proposal nor an acceptance are mandatory (that would be illegal).
    On the other hand, it is HIGHLY encouraged, there are subtle and not so subtle incentives, and the producers goal is to push and coax to get a proposal every season.
    Likewise, there's no provision on how long they have to stay together (eg Jason and Melissa) but there ARE rules on what they CAN'T do for a period of time after the filming ends. These rules, or relaxing these rules (see again Jason and Melissa/Molly) allow the producers to manipulate the relationship a great deal at least in the early stages.
    The ring is another issue - it remains the property of Next Entertainment for 2 years after the engagement and they can take it back if there is a breakup during that time.
    The most recent contract was posted on a Jillian thread about 2-3 months ago, and it is the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3682382;
    Random thoughts about the F4:
    Mandy: least attractive, insecure and cries, probably wins
    Malissa: giant boobs, really don't know her, but he likes her boobs
    Anna: unbelievably tall, pretty normal acting, looks stoned
    Tali: beautiful, dresses well, no screen time, Luke seems disinterested
    I agree with most of your thoughts, plus I'm cracking up over the quote above

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3682382;
    Random thoughts about the F4:
    Mandy: least attractive, insecure and cries, probably wins
    Malissa: giant boobs, really don't know her, but he likes her boobs
    Anna: unbelievably tall, pretty normal acting, looks stoned
    Tali: beautiful, dresses well, no screen time, Luke seems disinterested
    Here's another thing - my impression is that these girls have the worst jobs, in general, of any group of bachelorettes ever. Some of the descriptions are self explanatory ("waitress") while others hint at a real job ("motivational speaker") but sound bogus. Are any of the girls (other than the rocket scientist and lawyer who got sent home), really gainfully employed?
    That, coupled with the fact that they started with only 20, coupled with the fact that most of them were not just chubby but morbidly obese, coupled with the endless self loathing and pity - all tells me that this show was hard to cast with strong candidates.
    So how does any of that translate into a proposal in a few weeks? We're getting down to the wire and in no way do I see marriage vibes from any of these people.....
    Whether this show is fake or not, a waitress is a real job.

Were they suppose to start with more than 20? I don't remember reading that there were suppose to be more than 20 girls.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel; 08-29-2009 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3683433;
    Wit all due respect, I don't think that the contract requires a proposal. There was a fraudulent contract posted on the web a couple of years ago that purported to say that, in language that lawyers never use, and it was confirmed to be a fake. I've read all of the real contracts, and they say that neither a proposal nor an acceptance are mandatory (that would be illegal).
    On the other hand, it is HIGHLY encouraged, there are subtle and not so subtle incentives, and the producers goal is to push and coax to get a proposal every season.
    Likewise, there's no provision on how long they have to stay together (eg Jason and Melissa) but there ARE rules on what they CAN'T do for a period of time after the filming ends. These rules, or relaxing these rules (see again Jason and Melissa/Molly) allow the producers to manipulate the relationship a great deal at least in the early stages.
    The ring is another issue - it remains the property of Next Entertainment for 2 years after the engagement and they can take it back if there is a breakup during that time. The most recent contract was posted on a Jillian thread about 2-3 months ago, and it is the real thing.
    Have they ever taken the ring back? I don't recall them ever asking for the ring back. As a matter of fact, Shayne made it very clear it was her ring to keep.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3683368;
    They should ALL be open. If you see one that we missed, please let me or a mod know
    Critical: It's 9 am on Sunday; just got on this board. Of the remaining four women, only Tali's thread is open. Luke's is also closed.

I don't know how to contact a moderator, so I hope you see this. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread