+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 7/28 Premiere Show discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 7/28 Premiere Show discussion *Spoilers*

Luke is not bad looking and seems sweet, but I agree a lot of what he was saying seemed scripted. It seemed like he was saying thing in a “aawww, sweetie, there’s nothing wrong with you, you're beaituful” tone. He looks older that 26.

As far as the women, I got sick of the crying and all the “I deserve to be loved for who I am not my dress size, I'm a good person” stuff. Women who have self-esteem don’t talk like that. Either you’re comfortable in your own skin or not.

I forget whihc one said she had never been on a date, but she was attractive imo. Never?? I know some women who are that size or lragerm not as attractive or articulate, and they either have plenty of dates and in a couple cases are married. Heck, on the court shows I see women who are trolls compared to these women and they have relationships or musbands. So, which I understand being obese often limits dating options, I'm still puzzled.

I didn’t like the posting of ht//wt on the screen. A few of the women weren’t that heavy, but many are obese which raises a health/medical issue – something Luke himself needs to think about.
    Last edited by tango7; 07-30-2009 at 01:54 PM.

yikes, I missed the edit deadline:

Corrected paragraph:

"I forget which one said she had never been on a date, but she was attractive imo. Never?? I know some women who are that size or larger and not as attractive or articulate, and they either have plenty of dates and in a couple cases are married. Heck, on the court shows I see women who are trolls compared to these women and they have relationships or husbands. So, while I understand being obese often limits dating options, I'm still puzzled."

(sorry for all the typos)

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3625236;
    yikes, I missed the edit deadline:

Corrected paragraph:

"I forget which one said she had never been on a date, but she was attractive imo. Never?? I know some women who are that size or larger and not as attractive or articulate, and they either have plenty of dates and in a couple cases are married. Heck, on the court shows I see women who are trolls compared to these women and they have relationships or husbands. So, while I understand being obese often limits dating options, I'm still puzzled."

(sorry for all the typos)
    Maybe she is looking for too much. I am not saying anyone should "settle" but one must be realistic. I love Johnny Depp, if he were not famous, never would I think he would come running after me in love, nor even ask me out!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Newbie

[QUOTE=babyfat101;3624998;]

does anyone know if there a blog, discussion, thread...where it is discussed who he let go? i think he let go of the older women first. i bet the heavier women are next. i predict he ends up with a "smaller" woman.

QUOTE]

He let go of:
    Michelle age 32
    Natalia age 28
    Natasha age 25
    Shari age 34
    Sandy age 30

He kept Arriane, who is 37 (but smaller).

[QUOTE=raisinthesun;3623901;]LoL! Actually the women had to put their rings in a bowl and at the end he gave the rings back to the girls he wanted to stay. Along with a cheesy line "will you wear this ring?" Good grief that was corny!

Honestly i dont really like that whole ring business. Just seems a little weird...

Thanks for telling me how it ended. I just couldn't stomach watching the show to the end but I was wondering if they would be mean and ask for the ring back before they are kicked out of the house.

FORT Regular

The thing that really irks me about the show is that Fox puts up the height/weight of the girls. We know the contestants are plus-size -- do we really need to know their specifics? They don't put the measurements of the Bachlor/ette contestants up on the screen. It's demeaning and unnecessary. IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3624203;
    i think i say this for every one of these types of shows but

they can basically put Biz Markie (or any random dude) in as bach and the ladies will swoon and fall in love on the first night

it's unrealistic that all these women can think that the guy is goodlooking or even charming...

i challenge the producers to put in the ugliest cat they can find as bach the next go around and see if the results change

-----

btw, what was the casting process for this show, were these bach rejects or did they have an open call for "plus size women for reality show"
    I actually thought he was both good looking and charming. I totally dug him because he's not only cute but he seems to have a lot of confidence in himself without being full of himself. That was my first impression anyway. I think that the PI's were kind of annoying but I think that they were totally producer prompted to establish the overweight issue which I think was completely unnecessary. As far as showing the weight on the screen, my main issue with that is that my eye was automatically drawn to that instead of their occupations which tell you more about the woman than her size. I even made a conscious effort NOT to look at the weight and at the occupation instead but I had a really difficult time with that. At this point, it's not going to stop me from watching the show. I myself would be a perfect candidate for the show. I'm smart and funny as well as sweet and nurturing so I definitely have the personality. I am also 4'11 and weigh 205 and even though I have insecurities about my weight I do see myself as an attractive woman. I'm no model but I'm pretty damn cute if I do say so myself
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Greatest tattoo ever! DisneyFreeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3626770;
    I actually thought he was both good looking and charming. I totally dug him because he's not only cute but he seems to have a lot of confidence in himself without being full of himself. That was my first impression anyway. I think that the PI's were kind of annoying but I think that they were totally producer prompted to establish the overweight issue which I think was completely unnecessary. As far as showing the weight on the screen, my main issue with that is that my eye was automatically drawn to that instead of their occupations which tell you more about the woman than her size. I even made a conscious effort NOT to look at the weight and at the occupation instead but I had a really difficult time with that. At this point, it's not going to stop me from watching the show. I myself would be a perfect candidate for the show. I'm smart and funny as well as sweet and nurturing so I definitely have the personality. I am also 4'11 and weigh 205 and even though I have insecurities about my weight I do see myself as an attractive woman. I'm no model but I'm pretty damn cute if I do say so myself
    Word sister!!!!!

I actually thought he was both good looking and charming. I totally dug him because he's not only cute but he seems to have a lot of confidence in himself without being full of himself. That was my first impression anyway. I think that the PI's were kind of annoying but I think that they were totally producer prompted to establish the overweight issue which I think was completely unnecessary.
    Ditto. I thought he was kind and a bit of a cutie. Not my normal definition of hot, but he wasn't bad at all!

Can't quite decide which girl seems F1, but I'm sure Malissa (beso girl) will be in the F4.

old cow

I actually thought he was both good looking and charming. I totally dug him because he's not only cute but he seems to have a lot of confidence in himself without being full of himself. That was my first impression anyway.
    My thing was he is fairly handsome. Not really an OMG he is soooo beautiful type but still a decent catch. It was his personality that bothered me. Not arrogant or anything like that (thank goodness) just a little....dull

+ Reply to Thread